The General Election

@GOP: Really, guys, this was the straw that broke the camel's back?

This is what it took to suddenly remember that you had daughters and wives? And that that was a reason for treating women as people?

Spare us. Y'all threw in for Trump knowing full well who he was. You own him. You just don't think he can win, now -- and you're busy trying to save your own hides.

• Fire 1

This is what it took to suddenly remember that you had daughters and wives? And that that was a reason for treating women as people?

Spare us. Y'all threw in for Trump knowing full well who he was. You own him. You just don't think he can win, now -- and you're busy trying to save your own hides.

True....

But to be fair, they didn't want him and we're not happy when he was nominated.

The clueless voters put them in a difficult situation.

• Fire 1

This is exactly the type of "free speech" that needs to go away and have major consequences.

Statements like his should result in fines or prison time, period.

Haha! I think I'm one of few that understands what you're saying here...

No you aren't.

I understand teach thinks most conversations he has are a joke and usually refuses to say what he actually thinks. Ever since his first post saying Trump should go to jail I figured this was all hilarious to him. Just based on previous conversations.

this makes me sad… Women should not be treated like that. I find it offensive and horrible. People that say the things and do these things should be punished swiftly. I'm sorry you think it's funny

True....

But to be fair, they didn't want him and we're not happy when he was nominated.

The clueless voters put them in a difficult situation.

I can, to an extent, appreciate the difficulty of the situation. It's no accident that the GOP holdouts have typically been those people who could afford to -- or those in states where talking tough on Trump was the more beneficial track.

Mostly, though, I see it this way: they had their opportunity to decide what was important to them. And those guys who stood up and endorsed Trump, who told people to vote for this man and why, they called their shot about what was more important to them and what they were willing to sacrifice for the sake of political gain.

And that shot is a defining one.

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/politics/2016/10/the_horror_is_everything_the_gop_could_tolerate_about_trump.html

When it comes to voting, it doesn’t matter to Republicans that Trump is anathema to nonwhites and religious minorities. Neither black Americans nor Latinos nor Muslim Americans are going to vote for the GOP in significant numbers, and the party as a result is unresponsive to those communities, if not openly contemptuous of their concerns. Few Republicans, for example, want to restore the Voting Rights Act, and even fewer have challenged the drive to restrict and disenfranchise voters. We can see this dynamic in real time.

That’s why they distance and condemn. That’s why they place a wall between themselves and their nominee, hoping no one notices their endorsements and continued support. Anything to protect their congressional majorities from anger and disenchantment.

John Kasich is another politician who took this opportunity to 'spike the football', so to speak. But he had the fortune of being able to say this bit of truth:

"Nothing that has happened in the last 48 hours is surprising to me or many others."

• Fire 2

This is exactly the type of "free speech" that needs to go away and have major consequences.

Statements like his should result in fines or prison time, period.

Haha! I think I'm one of few that understands what you're saying here...

No you aren't.

I understand teach thinks most conversations he has are a joke and usually refuses to say what he actually thinks. Ever since his first post saying Trump should go to jail I figured this was all hilarious to him. Just based on previous conversations.

this makes me sad… Women should not be treated like that. I find it offensive and horrible. People that say the things and do these things should be punished swiftly. I'm sorry you think it's funny

All you have done is troll this sub for the last few months, and pretty poorly I might add.
  • Fire 2