Direction of the Program

111 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

A losing season was tough too take, especially given losses to bottom dwellers like Purdue. Last year was a major step back. Maybe we are in the right direction now, but we traveled a great distance in the wrong direction last year.

Reasons for hope:

The coaches talk like TA will run more

DPE will be back

New DL coach

Reasons for despair:

Two DL drafted

Lost most of the OL

Lost the best FB in a generation, and maybe of all time

Took a big step back? We didnt win our division which isnt much of a difference from most years since the 90s
We didn't win a national championship last year either, which isn't different from any season since 1997, so I guess everything else has been the same since then too?

By that reasoning, if we had gone winless last year, that is merely equivalent to not winning our division, so no difference, eh?

I love the take it to the extreme to attempt to discredit a post logic. You know exactly what i was saying ya dingle berry

When MD3 was implying that the program had taken a step back last year, you knew exactly what he was referring to, and it wasn't about just not winning the division ya dingle berry.

If there was something you meant to say, then perhaps you should say it. Is everyone here a mind-reader?

A losing season was tough too take, especially given losses to bottom dwellers like Purdue. Last year was a major step back. Maybe we are in the right direction now, but we traveled a great distance in the wrong direction last year.

Reasons for hope:

DPE will be back

New DL coach

Reasons for despair:

Two DL drafted

Lost most of the OL

Hello Paging Mackovicka, Rathman, Schlesinger. jano was good ......but come on man!!!

• Fire 2

Reasons for hope:

DPE will be back

New DL coach

Reasons for despair:

Two DL drafted

Lost most of the OL

Took a big step back? We didnt win our division which isnt much of a difference from most years since the 90s
We didn't win a national championship last year either, which isn't different from any season since 1997, so I guess everything else has been the same since then too?

By that reasoning, if we had gone winless last year, that is merely equivalent to not winning our division, so no difference, eh?

I love the take it to the extreme to attempt to discredit a post logic. You know exactly what i was saying ya dingle berry

When MD3 was implying that the program had taken a step back last year, you knew exactly what he was referring to, and it wasn't about just not winning the division ya dingle berry.

If there was something you meant to say, then perhaps you should say it. Is everyone here a mind-reader?

We didnt take a step back last year, we finished middle of the pack in the west and went to a toilet bowl. Thats the common theme over the last decade and a half. Last years 6-7 was no different than our 9-4 teams. The team at the beginning of last season looked as poor as the previous season ended.

• Fire 2

I think Nebraska is at least outwardly projecting a positive image. It is pleasant to hear good things from the media outside of the program and state for that matter that don't focus on imploding coaches or other distractions.

It is still early in this regimes career, but I am optimistic enough to think we can pull a winning record this year and compete in games more efficiently than last year. No hard evidence to support these claims just hoping that the talent we have on the roster can get a chance to come out and play some decent football.

Reasons for hope:

DPE will be back

New DL coach

Reasons for despair:

Two DL drafted

Lost most of the OL

We didnt take a step back last year, we finished middle of the pack in the west and went to a toilet bowl. Thats the common theme over the last decade and a half. Last years 6-7 was no different than our 9-4 teams. The team at the beginning of last season looked as poor as the previous season ended.

That's impressive revisionism.

• Fire 4

The Bowl game turned out to be huge. It showed they could stay within their abilities and not give the game away. The big question is whether the defense will improve enough to matter. I'm looking on the bright side until they prove me wrong.

​Redshirting O'Brian might be a good move..... definitely would help keep Bush in the running.

Reasons for hope:

DPE will be back

New DL coach

Reasons for despair:

Two DL drafted

Lost most of the OL

Umm.... that's quite the interesting spin on a 5-7 losing record, which included 6 losses to unranked teams (one of which was getting manhandled by the worst team in the conference), ending up 2 games from last place in the conference, and needing a miracle and NCAA committee one-time override to get a bowl invite. And you equate that to the previous year in which we only had 1 loss to an unranked team, finished 9-3 with the 4th best record in the conference, and a mid-tier bowl invite against another ranked team?

You getting dizzy?

WWNXa.gif

You honestly felt last season we looked like a worse team? We havent had a team that passed the eye ball test for quite some time. I get that a few of you think we are terrible yada yada yada. But to say after watching last season we took a step back is silly to me. We played better football at the end of last season than i have seen in awhile.

• Fire 3

You honestly felt last season we looked like a worse team? We havent had a team that passed the eye ball test for quite some time. I get that a few of you think we are terrible yada yada yada. But to say after watching last season we took a step back is silly to me. We played better football at the end of last season than i have seen in awhile.

one game...........yeah, we got off our asses, the coaches pulled their heads out of their asses, and Riley FINALLY committed to the run........and we won against a quality opponent, who couldn't defend against the run all year in their division.

most of the rest of the season was a comedy of errors, mostly coaching errors.

Last season we looked like a more poorly coached team. A lot of wasted talent and opportunity. Hopefully it gets better this coming year.

I'm starting to think you never actually played

Ad hominem attack aside, think as you please.

This team, with probably 12 or so starters who will play in the NFL, was poorly coached for most of the season, lost to a bad Iowa team in its second to last game to finish 5-7 with 6 losses to teams it should have beaten.

To pretend this staff wrung out all of the production it could from this team is simply foolish.

• Fire 1

Last season we looked like a more poorly coached team. A lot of wasted talent and opportunity. Hopefully it gets better this coming year.

I'm starting to think you never actually played

Ad hominem attack aside, think as you please.

This team, with probably 12 or so starters who will play in the NFL, was poorly coached for most of the season, lost to a bad Iowa team in its second to last game to finish 5-7 with 6 losses to teams it should have beaten.

To pretend this staff wrung out all of the production it could from this team is simply foolish.

because bad teams reach 12-0 late in the season. was Nebraska a bad team last time they were 12-0 at any point in the season?