Gun Control

8 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

As what has been typical in these situations.  

Last year, the FBI was monitoring a far right right wing group in northern Idaho.  They were monitoring what these people were saying on social media...etc.  They got arrested and detained when they actually took action to do something that put people in danger.

So....like I said, you're obviously OK with throwing the constitution out.  That's interesting.

Eulogies or lives saved.  You have no material issue with these sociopaths so let it ride as it's monitored.

Meanwhile, you're a Red Flag guy who might ask me in 8 pages what I would do to actually make a difference.  

Just now, DefenderAO said:

Eulogies or lives saved.  You have no material issue with these sociopaths so let it ride as it's monitored.

Meanwhile, you're a Red Flag guy who might ask me in 8 pages what I would do to actually make a difference.  

What?  I have real issues with these people.  But, until they break the law, it's unconstitutional to arrest them and detain them indefinitely.  That's the same as the wacko far right people who gather in the woods and play war games preparing for the inevitable war with the gubment.  I have real problems with them.  But, you monitor them and watch what they do.  If they break the law, you arrest them.

I'm surprised.  I thought you were a constitutionalist and stood behind the strict modern day 2nd amendment interpretation and have the attitude of....don't tread on me.

• Plus1 3
4 minutes ago, Decoy73 said:

Hey, @DefenderAO, I’m singling you out because you’re on a roll with all these anti gun control posts.  You mentioned “overhauling mental health .”  In what ways?   MH always gets thrown around after shootings, but no one ever seems to give viable suggestions on what to do about it.  

Also, would you be opposed to banning high capacity magazines and severely limiting the future sales or transfers of AR-15 style rifles?    I know it wouldn’t solve the problem, but it would very likely lessen the carnage.  

I have not studied the current wellness curriculum to intelligibly poke holes.  It clearly isn't working.  I will say what has become normal now was once greatly shunned.  Books in Junior High libraries about sexuality, men throwing money at children dances on stages.  It's vile.  And too widely accepted.

Tantamount, the cultural issues we have in this country are a real problem.  They lead to more gun violence than mass shootings.  It's fueled by current policies of dependence on .gov and a complete failure to empower.

There have been 13.2 trillion (150 million * 88 days) people-day opportunities, this calendar year to date, for someone 20-54 to go on a mass shooting spree.   Who are we limiting future sales and transfers for?  

14 minutes ago, DefenderAO said:

Fascism takes guns from people and serve despots.  Then kills dissenters as they rule through tyranny.  

So, your realistic solution is reactivity.  Guns are not coming off the street anytime soon.  Sociopaths are posting threats now.  Let's just wait and see more sheep get slaughtered...

You have something better than that?

I gave you a realistic solution that has worked in not one, not two, but three peer nations. And examples of how other peer nations live in gun-free societies. It's very clear that removing the guns removes the vast, vast majority of gun-related crimes. 

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

What?  I have real issues with these people.  But, until they break the law, it's unconstitutional to arrest them and detain them indefinitely.  That's the same as the wacko far right people who gather in the woods and play war games preparing for the inevitable war with the gubment.  I have real problems with them.  But, you monitor them and watch what they do.  If they break the law, you arrest them.

I'm surprised.  I thought you were a constitutionalist and stood behind the strict modern day 2nd amendment interpretation and have the attitude of....don't tread on me.

Your proposal doesn't save lives.  It allows for funerals.  

And now that we've walked down this exercise, I would not indefinitely detain.  I proposed a hyperbolic, yet realistic personal-infringement option that was proactive.

I, for one, value freedom as much as safety.  Freedom allows many to protect (keep safe) the weak or innocent as evil will always exist.  

Some version of Minority Report is wrought with wrong and risk.  Conversely, we're sitting today with "monitored" sociopathic time bombs awaiting to erupt.

2 minutes ago, knapplc said:

What?

I posted the screen cap pages back.  The HB limit to 2 bytes size for such things (now?) prevents supportive posts like that for some reason.  It was a 13 year old kid in drag dancing around a stage with grown men clapping and cheering.

Pure filth.  

• TBH 1
13 minutes ago, knapplc said:

I gave you a realistic solution that has worked in not one, not two, but three peer nations. And examples of how other peer nations live in gun-free societies. It's very clear that removing the guns removes the vast, vast majority of gun-related crimes. 

So you're getting all the guns by tomorrow, allowing (scrutinizing, okay with, celebrating?) the mentally ill sociopaths to post threats on social media, and willing to wait for the next tragedy, passively (as your proposal is doing zero in near and mid terms), which will give more fuel for your anger-filled arguments on a football board?  

And then still, the sociopaths still remain ill.

Your argument is akin to believing if you legalize drugs the cartels go away.  Cartels find a new way because of who they are (drugs are what they do/use), and sociopaths will find a means to realize their depravity into pain and suffering.  

2 hours ago, DefenderAO said:

Let's avoid petulant name calling and lazy labels.    

You just knew the hypocrisy was coming.

On 3/28/2023 at 8:36 AM, DefenderAO said:

The US is not a mob-ruled Democracy.  We're a Constitutional Republic being subversively eroded.  

Pluralism is a plague.  Living in relativistic truth becomes contradictory across individuals and groups.  And it leads to the progressive filth of kid mutilation, kids being taken to drag shows, abortion like it's a hobby, and mentally ill people planning school shootings at a Christian-based campus.

I can sympathize deeply with what happened.  Like I said, I ache with those families.  But I see it as an underlying issue that is morally reprehensible and has normalized due to progressive agendas.

• TBH 2
3 minutes ago, DefenderAO said:

So you're getting all the guns by tomorrow

If the gun cult would cooperate, yes. But we are clearly not as intelligent a society as England, Australia, New Zealand and the rest of our peer nations, so of course we have silly debates like this while the nutters clutch their guns.

4 minutes ago, DefenderAO said:

allowing (scrutinizing, okay with, celebrating?) with the mentally ill sociopaths to post threats on social media

Stop with the hyperbole. No one said anything about celebrating sociopathic threats. No one is OK with people posting threats. If you had come to P&R before a trans person did what dozens of White Christian men have done over the past several years, you'd know that. This being the trigger that brought you here, it's not surprising you're unaware of people's stances on these things.

6 minutes ago, DefenderAO said:

willing to wait for the next tragedy, passively

There won't be a next tragedy if we get rid of guns, just like New Zealand, Australia and England.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

7 minutes ago, DefenderAO said:

your anger-filled arguments on a football board

Uh, pot? Kettle here. How's it going?

8 minutes ago, DefenderAO said:

Your argument is akin to believing if you legalize drugs the cartels go away

My argument is that the solution I propose has demonstrably worked in New Zealand, England and Australia. And it works in every other first-world nation. 

• Plus1 1

25 minutes ago, DefenderAO said:

I have not studied the current wellness curriculum to intelligibly poke holes.  It clearly isn't working.  I will say what has become normal now was once greatly shunned.  Books in Junior High libraries about sexuality, men throwing money at children dances on stages.  It's vile.  And too widely accepted.

Tantamount, the cultural issues we have in this country are a real problem.  They lead to more gun violence than mass shootings.  It's fueled by current policies of dependence on .gov and a complete failure to empower.

There have been 13.2 trillion (150 million * 88 days) people-day opportunities, this calendar year to date, for someone 20-54 to go on a mass shooting spree.   Who are we limiting future sales and transfers for?  

Oh boy.  So kids playing dress up and dancing will end up committing mass shootings?  You can’t seriously believe that.   

I’ll rephrase,  what legitimately do all these people need an AR or a 30 round mag for that can’t be accomplished with say a shotgun, hunting rifle or a 10 round magazine pistol?

• Plus1 3
6 minutes ago, knapplc said:

If the gun cult would cooperate, yes. But we are clearly not as intelligent a society as England, Australia, New Zealand and the rest of our peer nations, so of course we have silly debates like this while the nutters clutch their guns.

Stop with the hyperbole. No one said anything about celebrating sociopathic threats. No one is OK with people posting threats. If you had come to P&R before a trans person did what dozens of White Christian men have done over the past several years, you'd know that. This being the trigger that brought you here, it's not surprising you're unaware of people's stances on these things.

There won't be a next tragedy if we get rid of guns, just like New Zealand, Australia and England.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Uh, pot? Kettle here. How's it going?

My argument is that the solution I propose has demonstrably worked in New Zealand, England and Australia. And it works in every other first-world nation. 

The bastion of freedom New Zealand. Where former PM Jacinda Ardern compared free speech to Weapons of War: "In Fact, Evil."   Your prison island examples are only reminders of the projection to the concept of "fascism."

https://www.foxnews.com/video/6312993723112

During COV19 Australians were being arrested and removed from homes for "violating quarantine."

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-53903498

Take your knee, citizens, or else:

https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/coronavirus/hundreds-arrested-fined-during-australia-lockdown-protests-1.5556110

• Fire 1
8 minutes ago, DefenderAO said:

Highlight the lazy, name calling petulance in what was written.  

Note that what you actually posted was "petulant name calling and lazy labels".

On 3/28/2023 at 8:36 AM, DefenderAO said:

The US is not a mob-ruled Democracy.  We're a Constitutional Republic being subversively eroded.  

Pluralism is a plague.  Living in relativistic truth becomes contradictory across individuals and groups.  And it leads to the progressive filth of kid mutilation, kids being taken to drag shows, abortion like it's a hobby, and mentally ill people planning school shootings at a Christian-based campus.

I can sympathize deeply with what happened.  Like I said, I ache with those families.  But I see it as an underlying issue that is morally reprehensible and has normalized due to progressive agendas.

Here's a few more:

On 3/28/2023 at 8:45 AM, DefenderAO said:

Those are symptoms of a root issue.  Moral regression and degradation of our society.  Gender identity is a symptom of moral and mental illness.  Progressivism, pluralism, relativism, and the likes, are philosophies that lend to these symptoms.  

This is my point.  Root cause vs symptom.  Pull fruit off a rotten tree or deal with the tree?  The latter is the wise path.

On 3/28/2023 at 9:10 AM, DefenderAO said:

Continuing to set the baseline - Truth isn't swayed by experience, locale, etc.  Truth should be the lens to see experience from, give contextual framing, not something that moves based upon emotion or other externals.

The truth is, someone changing their gender to feel better is not going to bring them true joy.  People wanting to change their gender is a symptom of a deeper sickness.  This sickness, for a very few, then leads them to take a weapon and horrifically gun people down.  More often this illness yields a trip to a child drag show where they celebrate "pride" amongst egregiously underaged kids.  Sometimes, the root doesn't yield to a gender identity crisis in the individual.  There still remains a moral and mental illness that needs to be addressed...

It's moral filth and has become normalized.  The sickness should not be normalized or celebrated.  It should be treated with care for that individual.  

On 3/28/2023 at 9:38 AM, DefenderAO said:

Who is forcing anything?   Progressive moral dispositions are eroding our country.  Gun violence, normalization of child gender mutilation...symptoms of a root problem.

And those people need to know they have great value and purpose.  

In typically hypocritical fashion, you're posting generalizations and lazy labels and then get upset when the same is done to the things you believe in.

• Plus1 2
  • TBH 1