Gun Control

33 minutes ago, DefenderAO said:

I’d suspect some folks throughout history, namely ones put in ovens and gas chambers, would carry a different perspective. 

Defend what is good and the innocent from the deeply disturbed who don’t value life.  

In this scenario, you are the one who doesn't value life. You understand that, right?

Your cult is perfectly fine with schoolchildren gunned down in their classrooms in the name of your "freedom." 

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I agree that deeply disturbed people who don’t value life don’t deserve any defense.

I am curious of where on your Venn diagram you would put “transgendered people” with “deeply disturbed people”. 

We know where he puts them.

This shooting by a trans person has inspired him to post endlessly. A few months ago a shooting with multiple fatalities in a Colorado Springs gay bar was worthy of nada. We know.

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 5
11 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

This shooting by a trans person has inspired him to post endlessly. A few months ago a shooting with multiple fatalities in a Colorado Springs gay bar was worthy of nada. We know.

I'm pretty sure I know where he puts them, I am just curious if he is strong enough in his "convictions" to publicly admit it.

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1

18 minutes ago, knapplc said:

In this scenario, you are the one who doesn't value life. You understand that, right?

Your cult is perfectly fine with schoolchildren gunned down in their classrooms in the name of your "freedom." 

That’s two cults you’ve put me in. It’s more of a contempt issue from you than anything to do with a cult. 

In reality, evil exists. It hates anything of good. Like darkness hates light.  Guns are not the issue. It’s an evil, moral and mental illness problem. 

If the police were there earlier there might’ve been just one loss of life. The shooter’s. But when seconds matter, the police are just minutes away. 

Now, that wicked shooter can self identify as was/were as parents, and a community, grieve. 

• Plus1 1
18 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

At what point?  Who decides that?  And...how does someone know someone is mentally ill if there are no universal background checks and gun registration?

Registration is just deferred confiscation efforts to punish people who never even think of committing a crime. The 99.9999% who aren’t part of a broken culture or deeply mentally disturbed. 

As to a background check, it sounds like the system already failed as there were health concerns existent.  What’s the additive check doing to mitigate more? 

1 hour ago, JJ Husker said:

First time visiting the gun control thread or even being outside a football-related forum. The contemptuous, emotional speaking and free falls are surprising and enlightening.  

To interrupt the spiral, the CS shooter is as abhorrent and reprehensible as the latest shooter.  Here is the list of mass shooters who are not bereft of moral decency:

-start-

-end-

• Plus1 2
  • TBH 1
21 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I'm pretty sure I know where he puts them, I am just curious if he is strong enough in his "convictions" to publicly admit it.

I choose to look are the the bigger picture of the human condition and the actions/choices from it.  

On the other side, are we to assume you carry grace and kindness for people who believe differently than you…especially relevant as the victims here were attending a Christian school? 

What are your thoughts on the shooter?

• Plus1 1
17 minutes ago, DefenderAO said:

That’s two cults you’ve put me in. It’s more of a contempt issue from you than anything to do with a cult. 

In reality, evil exists. It hates anything of good. Like darkness hates light.  Guns are not the issue. It’s an evil, moral and mental illness problem. 

If the police were there earlier there might’ve been just one loss of life. The shooter’s. But when seconds matter, the police are just minutes away. 

Now, that wicked shooter can self identify as was/were as parents, and a community, grieve. 

If there were no guns, there would be zero deaths. You're OK with death ("just one loss of life") so you can keep your guns. That's the evil. 

You need to seriously rethink your choices. 

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, DefenderAO said:

I choose to look are the the bigger picture of the human condition and the actions/choices from it.  

On the other side, are we to assume you carry grace and kindness for people who believe differently than you…especially relevant as the victims here were attending a Christian school? 

I have no problems with those who attend Christian schools.  I can accept and love them, just as I can accept and love a transgender or homosexual person.  Immoral people can be straight, gay, black, white, Hispanic, Middle Eastern, or any other race, religion, or way of life.  I feel that moral people are the exact same way.  I haven't always had accepting thoughts and beliefs, but as I have grown more mature and been around a more diverse population, I have learned that they are just trying to get through their lives the best they can, just like me.  As I have matured, I have tried to take a more empathetic approach on life.

Do I have concerns about organized religion?  Sure I do.  I think it's terrible that people in the US use their religion as a reason to hate and persecute people.  That's not the word of God that I was taught as a child.  I would feel the same with the Taliban hating innocent people in the US.  Zealots are zealots, no matter what their basis for beliefs are.  But, I do think that most "faithful" people have positive intentions and generally find the positive words of God, as a reason to love and accept people.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 2
23 minutes ago, DefenderAO said:

Registration is just deferred confiscation efforts to punish people who never even think of committing a crime. The 99.9999% who aren’t part of a broken culture or deeply mentally disturbed. 

As to a background check, it sounds like the system already failed as there were health concerns existent.  What’s the additive check doing to mitigate more? 

So, what's your answers to my questions?  You're the one that says none of this will work, and you're saying mentally ill should be exempt from being able to buy or own a gun. 

So, in your mind, how does this work?

• TBH 1
7 minutes ago, knapplc said:

If there were no guns, there would be zero deaths. You're OK with death ("just one loss of life") so you can keep your guns. That's the evil. 

You need to seriously rethink your choices. 

I've thought about my position and know emotions can betray and lead to poor conclusions, especially when it's a contempt-fueled baseline.

I am okay with only one loss of life in the recent tragedy.  Was/were's death came too many victims too late.  And the system failed her prior to her relativistic truth being people needed to suffer for her own internal pain. 

9 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I have no problems with those who attend Christian schools.  I can accept and love them, just as I can accept and love a transgender or homosexual person.  Immoral people can be straight, gay, black, white, Hispanic, Middle Eastern, or any other race, religion, or way of life.  I feel that moral people are the exact same way.  I haven't always had accepting thoughts and beliefs, but as I have grown more mature and been around a more diverse population, I have learned that they are just trying to get through their lives the best they can, just like me.  As I have matured, I have tried to take a more empathetic approach on life.

Do I have concerns about organized religion?  Sure I do.  I think it's terrible that people in the US use their religion as a reason to hate and persecute people.  That's not the word of God that I was taught as a child.  I would feel the same with the Taliban hating innocent people in the US.  Zealots are zealots, no matter what their basis for beliefs are.  But, I do think that most "faithful" people have positive intentions and generally find the positive words of God, as a reason to love and accept people.

I think you nailed much of this one.  Thank you for the thoughtful and honest response.

• Plus1 1
7 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

So, what's your answers to my questions?  You're the one that says none of this will work, and you're saying mentally ill should be exempt from being able to buy or own a gun. 

So, in your mind, how does this work?

We'll use this case as an example.  It seems like she was already flagged in the system.  What protocols did they keep on her to be closer to a potential problem?  

Stepping back, there's a cultural issue in big cities that have a huge violence problem where handguns are used in most shootings.  I mentioned earlier I believe public housing and perpetual government handout policies exacerbate the issues we see from that culture.

I don't think anyone has a great policy answer. It's easier to say what won't work than what will.

Stepping further back, there are about 150 million people in the country ages 20-54.  To date, there have been 88 days in the calendar year.  That is 150 million * 88 days (billions) opportunity where someone from age 20-54 can go on a mass shooting spree.  How can you parse out the mentally ill from this group?  Why punish 149,9xx million in this group for issues the minority mentally ill have?

• Plus1 1