Gun Control

1 minute ago, DefenderAO said:

I'm more worried about the mental and moral issues that lend themselves to these types of horrific events.

Like, the disgusting worship of guns and the havoc they wreak? Those kind of mental and moral issues?

Because I think we'd all agree that the sooner we rid America of the gun worship kink, and the death and destruction it's wrought on our children, the better.

• Plus1 2

14 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

thanks for your thoughts. 

Trump did this in 2018 or ‘19

These seem like good compromise places for the right.   Could I add harsher mandatory sentences for gun crimes to the list including illegal possession.  

I like this last point too.  Make the punishment terrible. 

• Plus1 1
5 minutes ago, DefenderAO said:

I suspect you want me to be fixated on that as it gives an easier lane to show contempt or dismissiveness.

I'm more worried about the mental and moral issues that lend themselves to these types of horrific events.

I expect that….because to you, reasonable gun laws are off the table. 

• Plus1 1
Just now, DefenderAO said:

Make the punishment terrible. 

Agreed! Anyone who sells a gun to a mass shooter - death penalty. No appeal.

Any gun owner whose legally purchased gun is used to commit murder - death penalty. No appeal.

Any manufacturer of a gun used to commit mass murder - the entire board gets the death penalty. No appeal.

Anyone holding stock in any company who manufactures guns or ammunition used to commit mass murder - death penalty. No appeal.

I think we're on the same page here.

• Plus1 1

4 minutes ago, knapplc said:

I appreciate your commitment to publicly abjure pedophile priests, the American gun cult, and all the evil they wreak upon our children.

I feel like we've accomplished something good here today.

The pedophile priests are despicable.  They didn't shoot anyone so not sure the translation to a gun control thread.  Abstaining from an active shoot doesn't make them less abhorrent in their deviance.  

As a relativist I believe you might be, understand my truth is American gun owners are not evil, or a cult, as the vast vast vast majority never use them for anything nefarious at all.  

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1
20 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

thanks for your thoughts. 

Trump did this in 2018 or ‘19

These seem like good compromise places for the right.   Could I add harsher mandatory sentences for gun crimes to the list including illegal possession.  

re: trump, not exactly.

While the amendment itself remains, the language in a report accompanying the Omnibus spending bill clarifies that the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention can indeed conduct research into gun violence, but cannot use government appropriated funds to specifically advocate for gun control.[20] The bill included no funding earmarked for gun safety and was signed into law by U.S. President Donald J. Trump on March 23, 2018.[21]

Just strike all of that language from the laws entirely.

re: harsher mandatory sentences, I don't really care either way, and don't see it as an effective step - the data doesn't indicate that harsher punishments are a useful deterrent for violent crimes.

• Plus1 1
8 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Like, the disgusting worship of guns and the havoc they wreak? Those kind of mental and moral issues?

Because I think we'd all agree that the sooner we rid America of the gun worship kink, and the death and destruction it's wrought on our children, the better.

I've never seen a gun kill anyone.  

Obese people - person's fault, not spoon.  

DWI car wreck - person's fault, not car.  

Shooting - take the guns.

• Plus1 1

The pedophile priests are despicable.

Agreed. But despite the centuries of evidence of these abhorrent predators inflicting horrific harms on our children, you haven't been in P&R vilifying them.

But one trans person joins the American gun cult and here you are.

The silence is deafening.

• Plus1 1
7 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I expect that….because to you, reasonable gun laws are off the table. 

If reasonable means saving lives and not punishing good people, certainly let's talk.  

6 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

How can you have illegal

possession without gun laws?

You think there are no gun laws?  Really?

• Plus1 1

I've never seen a gun kill anyone.  

You've never seen the Jesus of the Christian bible, but you believe in the cult surrounding that character. There's a few dozen families in Tennessee that will attest to the fact that guns kill people. Children, in fact.

Are you going to dismiss their grief because you didn't witness it in person?

They didn't shoot anyone so not sure the translation to a gun control thread.

This, coming from you??

6 hours ago, DefenderAO said:

Straw men?  Kids are being mutilated to change genders.  That's reality.  Objective truth isn't a high ground, it's understanding subjective truth is chaos.

HBO documentary "Transhood."  The examples are not hard to find even through media that generally celebrates it as good.

Should kids get to play in traffic because that's what they feel is good for them?  How about a five year old having his genitals lopped off because his mom saw him play with a barbie and he said he likes pink that day?  

9 hours ago, DefenderAO said:

How is the trend for child abuse through genital mutilation trending?  

11 hours ago, DefenderAO said:

Children dressing as opposite sex members and dancing for cheering adults is tangentially related to the moral and mental illness of the latest shooter.

12 hours ago, DefenderAO said:

Living in relativistic truth becomes contradictory across individuals and groups.  And it leads to the progressive filth of kid mutilation, kids being taken to drag shows, abortion like it's a hobby, and mentally ill people planning school shootings at a Christian-based campus.

On 3/27/2023 at 10:42 PM, DefenderAO said:

Progressives, by nature, are pluralists and relativists.  Cities built on sand.  "Your truth is yours, mine is mine."  This principle never fails to fail and whose belief system is utter doom.

All from you in the gun control thread.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
22 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Agreed. But despite the centuries of evidence of these abhorrent predators inflicting horrific harms on our children, you haven't been in P&R vilifying them.

But one trans person joins the American gun cult and here you are.

The silence is deafening.

An emotional stretch with little pragmatism.  I suspect you don''t need a list of everything I consider vile in this thread.  But you do want a rant vilifying pedophiliac priests (all pedophilia is despicable...why just single out Catholics?) in a gun control thread where the most recent shooter is a mentally ill person, which, in this case, manifested in gender dysphoria, who shot children at a Christian school?  

EDIT: I've never frequented the non-football areas of this site.  I expected much differently but am grateful to see members outside of that context posting. Very enlightening.

• Plus1 2
13 minutes ago, knapplc said:

You've never seen the Jesus of the Christian bible, but you believe in the cult surrounding that character. There's a few dozen families in Tennessee that will attest to the fact that guns kill people. Children, in fact.

Are you going to dismiss their grief because you didn't witness it in person?

And here's the root of your contempt.  

The gun was used in a horrific event. The tool was used by a depraved person to murder innocent children.  I can't imagine.  I have four boys I'm raising  and love with all my heart.  I simply cannot imagine.

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 2
12 minutes ago, Lorewarn said:

This, coming from you??

All from you in the gun control thread.

Yes, and when not cherry-picked, the context is the gender dysphoria manifests from a broken person.  Mass shootings manifest from completely broken, ill people.  

Dealing with effects will not solve the problem.   And, astoundingly, it's now promoted, championed, supported, and funded in our society as the cure for despondence.  

• Plus1 1