Gun Control

2 hours ago, DefenderAO said:

I'd prefer 0 but less than I thought.

Now let's get the adults attending kid drag shows while the latter dance on stage to be cheered on by the former down to zero.

It's quite broken.  

Hey, even if I disagree with your conclusions I'm glad that you want to act to bring down the occurrences of things you think are bad. 

Now, since we've had well over double the amount of school shootings this year than we've had minor genital surgeries on trans youths over the last four years (I think that translates to mass shootings happening about 8x more often than kids electing to have surgery on their genitals, and ya know the casualties would be an even higher multiplier), and since virtually every single one doesn't involve a trans person, 

Let's get the mass shooters down to zero!

It's quite broken.

• Plus1 3
  • TBH 1

1 hour ago, RedDenver said:

When the mass shootings of kids in school has dropped to zero, then maybe we can tackle that issue.

Tackling everything serially, when there is so much involved with mental health, seems unwise.  Quite shocking we're good with tabling kids and drag.  

Unreal, really.

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

What is your solution 

To start treating the symptoms we could start with:

• completely repealing the Dickey amendment while giving the CDC some funding to be able to research gun deaths

• completely repealing the Tiahrt Amendment so ATF can effectively track guns and especially illegal ones

• implement a universal background check system

• implement red flag laws, even to a compromised and barely useful level

• implement a permit system that includes safety training

To start treating the cause we could start with:

• re-imagining the incestuous and anti-democratic entrenched lobbying power in our government

Just very common sense, simple stuff that isn't controversial and would have definitive results in lessening the amount of mass shootings, but even more relevantly lessening the amount of homicides and suicides by gun.

• Plus1 4
  • Thanks 2

17 minutes ago, Lorewarn said:

Hey, even if I disagree with your conclusions I'm glad that you want to act to bring down the occurrences of things you think are bad. 

Now, since we've had well over double the amount of school shootings this year than we've had minor genital surgeries on trans youths over the last four years (I think that translates to mass shootings happening about 8x more often than kids electing to have surgery on their genitals, and ya know the casualties would be an even higher multiplier), and since virtually every single one doesn't involve a trans person, 

Let's get the mass shooters down to zero!

It's quite broken.

Pulling bad fruit off a bad tree is vanity.  People that become mass shooters are not well.  The shootings manifest from sickness.

Deal with the tree and you have a chance at good fruit.  

It’s crazy that the only thing that brings some people out in this conversation is that the shooter was trans.

What the f#&%!?!?

What’s worse? Kids getting murdered, or some boy wearing a dress?

What the hell is wrong with some people?

I use to assume these were fake accounts just messing with folks, but no one can be this bored! Right?

• Plus1 4
1 minute ago, funhusker said:

It’s crazy that the only thing that brings some people out in this conversation is that the shooter was trans.

However, What the f#&%!?!?

What’s worse? Kids getting murdered, or some boy wearing a dress?

What the hell is wrong with some people?

I use to assume these were fake accounts just messing with folks, but no one can be this bored! Right?

With more thought, the shooter was mentally and morally ill.  It manifested in gender confusion.  According to some, this person transitioning allowed for the fullest she could  become...happy and joyful.  However, this was not the yield.  

This person was not well and the system failed her on multiple fronts.  And children at a Christian school were murdered. 

• TBH 1
2 hours ago, Lorewarn said:

It's actually trending really well.

In the last 70 years male circumcision rates have dropped almost 40% in the states. Worldwide female genital mutilation rates have dropped 33% in the last 30 years.

But since we all know you're not actually trying to look at an integrated entire picture but rather just trying to make a point about THE TRANS YOUTH, I've got that number for you too. The number of genital surgeries (you can argue philosophically if this is mutilation or not, same as i can argue circumcision is, but technically and by definition it is not mutilation) on minors in the last 4 years is...

What are those 56 surgeries for? Are they truly for reassignment or are they surgeries for intersex children (someone born with ambiguous sex organs, born with both male and female organs, or mismatched chromosomes)?

• Plus1 1
6 minutes ago, Lorewarn said:

• completely repealing the Dickey amendment while giving the CDC some funding to be able to research gun deaths

thanks for your thoughts. 

Trump did this in 2018 or ‘19

10 minutes ago, Lorewarn said:

completely repealing the Tiahrt Amendment so ATF can effectively track guns and especially illegal ones

• implement a universal background check system

• implement red flag laws, even to a compromised and barely useful level

• implement a permit system that includes safety training

These seem like good compromise places for the right.   Could I add harsher mandatory sentences for gun crimes to the list including illegal possession.  

• Plus1 1

3 hours ago, DefenderAO said:

I'm against the act and the progressive movement to condone, promote, and/or champion it.

That's great. You're against the American gun cult, as are all right-minded Americans.

Can we get a pledge from you to vote against NRA-backed candidates, to defend our children from these gun nutters?

• Haha 2
23 minutes ago, DefenderAO said:

What's the list of the mentally ill doing these shootings?  The killings animate from an unwell person.  

Every single one of them.  And….every single one had access to a gun. 

Kind of a bad combo. 

But….you’re fixated on trans people here. 

• Plus1 1
4 minutes ago, knapplc said:

That's great. You're against the American gun cult, as are all right-minded Americans.

Can we get a pledge from you to vote against NRA-backed candidates, to defend our children from these gun nutters?

You butchered the context of the quote.  You have my commitment I'll continue to abhor evil.

Just now, DefenderAO said:

You have my commitment I'll continue to abhor evil.

I appreciate your commitment to publicly abjure pedophile priests, the American gun cult, and all the evil they wreak upon our children.

I feel like we've accomplished something good here today.

2 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Every single one of them.  And….every single one had access to a gun. 

Kind of a bad combo. 

But….you’re fixated on trans people here. 

I suspect you want me to be fixated on that as it gives an easier lane to show contempt or dismissiveness.

I'm more worried about the mental and moral issues that lend themselves to these types of horrific events.