Gun Control

50 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

I'm not saying the answer to gun control is simple, but if you start with the extremely clear premise that assault rifles are solely designed to kill as many humans as quickly as possible, you remove a lot of the surrounding rhetoric.

That leaves us with the premise that a certain segment of Americans must be prepared to fight off an invading enemy, quite likely our own government. 

See, it is simple, if people would just not be morons about it.

• Plus1 1

15 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Yeah...those red flag laws are horrible.

And now...the Dad needs to be executed, sadly that will not happen, so toss him in prison for life.  And the kid needs to be executed, which of course because people are morons, it won't happen, so toss him in prison for life.

• TBH 1
38 minutes ago, teachercd said:

My god, the comments on the tweet.

You gun-bros are something else!

I always like when I see the "Cars kill more people than guns...are we going to take away cars?"

Well, cars do require a license and the vehicle and license can be taken away. Plus the bigger badder ones require more restrictions.

• Haha 1
  • TBH 1

On 2/2/2024 at 7:37 AM, teachercd said:

And now...the Dad needs to be executed, sadly that will not happen, so toss him in prison for life.  And the kid needs to be executed, which of course because people are morons, it won't happen, so toss him in prison for life.

Wait. Why was the father arrested? I didn’t see anywhere that he had any knowledge of what his son had threatened to do. The guns in the house were confiscated. Good. But what did the father do wrong or what law did he break? Owned guns? Raised a maladjusted kid? What?

• TBH 2
7 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

Wait. Why was the father arrested? I didn’t see anywhere that he had any knowledge of what his son had threatened to do. The guns in the house were confiscated. Good. But what did the father do wrong or what law did he break? Owned guns? Raised a maladjusted kid? What?

if i recall correctly...that father was a survivalist who had RPG's, ghost guns, and other illegal stuff.

8 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

They always go after the Dad!  

• Plus1 1
28 minutes ago, commando said:

if i recall correctly...that father was a survivalist who had RPG's, ghost guns, and other illegal stuff.

Oh. Okay then. I just didn’t see anything attached to that tweet that indicated he did anything actually wrong.