Rio Olympics

C N Red

Crazy thing about them playing for the Bronze is that they are going to play the other Brazilian team that was supposed to be better than the one they just lost to.

Yeah, the "other" team is the #1 seed but I don't think they've played like it. They had to survive three match points to get out of the quarters then lost in the semis.

Of course, we didn't play that great last night either.

So - thoughts on the supposed armed robbery of 4 of our Olympic Swimmers? Pretty fishy ... latest is that they're being ordered to stay in Brazil (though I think Ryan is already gone)

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/olympics/rio-2016/2016/08/17/us-swimmers-ryan-lochte-police-questioned-robbery/88887608/

My theory on why their stories don't match, why they didn't want to report it to the USOC etc is that it was a drug deal gone bad.

^

Wow. I didn't know countries could submit more than one team? Apparently so.

Yeah, the 2012 final in London was USA (May-Traenor & Walsh Jennings) v. USA (Kessy & Ross).

Ahh. Makes sense and now I remember the all US final in 2012. Forgot it was set up like that.

So apparently now the police in Brazil do not believe that Ryan Lochte and the other US swimmers he was with were actually robbed?!! Weirdness...