Lamar Jackson summer testing numbers

I'm sure it's impressive, but I have no frame of reference. How much better did he do than the others?

He tested better than guys that are 5th year Seniors....

I'm sure it's impressive, but I have no frame of reference. How much better did he do than the others?

• Fire 1

No clue, Riley just said that he tested the best overall

I'd say A LOT better considering the other guys have a four year head start on him.

He came in with the physical tools. I guess this shows he has the mental tools as well.

Doesn't it just show he has the physical tools? I thought that's what the testing was.

:facepalm: It doesn't matter how much better he did. He scored highest of everyone, and he's a true freshman. You should drop the question if you don't understand this yet. Unless you're trying to claim maybe everyone suddenly SUCKS this year so his being number 1 means nothing. But that's silly.

Just for clarification, I am assuming that the "testing" is Epley's performance index testing? The one with vertical jump, 10-yd dash and pro agility run?

If he has the best score at his position as a freshman, this dude is an athletic freak. Players typically improve their scores every year with the S&C program, so by the time he is an upperclassman he should be a serious NFL prospect from an athletic standpoint. Wow.

• Fire 1

He came in with the physical tools. I guess this shows he has the mental tools as well.

Doesn't it just show he has the physical tools? I thought that's what the testing was.

:facepalm: It doesn't matter how much better he did. He scored highest of everyone, and he's a true freshman. You should drop the question if you don't understand this yet. Unless you're trying to claim maybe everyone suddenly SUCKS this year so his being number 1 means nothing. But that's silly.

Sure it does.

We've established that.

Don't tell me what to do.

I'm not.

You're silly.

• Fire 3

Sure it does.

We've established that.

Don't tell me what to do.

I'm not.

You're silly.

For whatever reason, I find this response just funny!

Maybe I have a weird sense of humor but LOL.

• Fire 1

Impressive, yes. But it's also evident of a pretty glaring talent upgrade that is taking place at multiple positions. Should probably actually be expected.

I know we want to believe things like "recruiting will solve all problems" and "get rid of cancers" but there's really not a lot of, if any, evidence that we are recruiting better across the board than NU has historically (under the last three coaches).

I just saw a stat that we are 8th in the B10 in recruiting this year. Personally, I don't care about rankings, but I am wondering why people automatically assume all these freshman and prospects are better than their upperclass counterparts.