Control of Congress

If the GOP can put up this display and retain its Senate majority, we deserve everything we get.

That's how I feel sometimes about Trump. If he gets voted in we kinda deserve whatever comes. Clearly we've failed as a country if this many idiots have been raised to vote for someone like him.

• Fire 2

If the GOP can put up this display and retain its Senate majority, we deserve everything we get.

That's how I feel sometimes about Trump. If he gets voted in we kinda deserve whatever comes. Clearly we've failed as a country if this many idiots have been raised to vote for someone like him.

The same could be said about people voting for Clinton. Honestly, they're both terrible candidates.

The same could said about people voting for Clinton. Honestly, they're both terrible candidates.

It can be said but it's not accurate. The status quo doesn't even approach how bad things could get with Trump. I didn't feel this way about Bush, I didn't feel this way about McCain, I didn't feel this way about Romney. Trump is that awful.

I don't like Clinton but she's not even close to being on that level and not close to being as terrible as she's made out to be.

• Fire 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

With all the negative attention Congress sometimes receives, it's nice to see both parties come together on a topic as they did today in overriding Obama's veto for 9/11 families.

http://www.huskerboard.com/index.php?/topic/80498-law-enforcement-appreciation-thread/

As for the latest on the 2016 election, the GOP will retain the House, and the Senate looks like it could be a 50/50 split.

With all the negative attention Congress sometimes receives, it's nice to see both parties come together on a topic as they did today in overriding Obama's veto for 9/11 families.

http://www.huskerboard.com/index.php?/topic/80498-law-enforcement-appreciation-thread/

As for the latest on the 2016 election, the GOP will retain the House, and the Senate looks like it could be a 50/50 split.

Ah yes, nice to see them come together to open a huge can of worms that could end up opening a huge can of worms in allowing the families to sue Saudi Arabia (who has never been found to have been responsible for 9/11 anyways), but kind of tragic to see them come together and take so long to reauthorize the Zadroga Act to actually take care of chronically ill first responders.

• Fire 1