A man you can bait with a Tweet

Just now, ActualCornHusker said:

It's no different than what's been happening for decades

Except it is. The blinders have been pulled all the way back for the first time thanks to Trump. He literally admits to corruption, and yet one party doesn't care. I'll take the party who is on the right side of history at the moment.

That doesn't mean we shouldn't be vigilant, because when the Dems overstep they need to be checked as well but we'll cross that bridge when we get to it. For now though we need people to stand up and do the right thing.

• Plus1 4
6 minutes ago, ActualCornHusker said:

Let me ask this: do you think that a White House run by Hillary Rodham Clinton would be more corrupt, less corrupt, or about the same? 

I think she was the lesser of two evils and her adminstration would have undoubtedly been more qualified than this one. I don't think she would have been a national security threat by gutting the state department, abandoning our allies in the fight against ISIS, bullying our NATO partners, and generally pissing off our friends for the last century.

She was a terrible candidate, but better than what we have now.

• Thanks 4
1 minute ago, ZRod said:

Except it is. The blinders have been pulled all the way back for the first time thanks to Trump. He literally admits to corruption, and yet one party doesn't care. I'll take the party who is on the right side of history at the moment.

That doesn't mean we shouldn't be vigilant, because when the Dems overstep they need to be checked as well but we'll cross that bridge when we get to it. For now though we need people to stand up and do the right thing.

Neither party is on the right side of history. Do you remember what happened when Republicans (or anyone) criticized Obama? They were attacked and slandered as racists. 

Nothing will change in the American government until power is stripped from the federal government and politicians are held accountable. Nothing will change if we keep voting in the scum bags that fill both parties. 

11 minutes ago, ActualCornHusker said:

Let me ask this: do you think that a White House run by Hillary Rodham Clinton would be more corrupt, less corrupt, or about the same? 

I was not a Hillary supporter, didn't vote for her and believe she is a corrupt person.

However, when Bill was in office, there was no way in hell we had the type of rampant overt corruption that we have now.  So, I would suspect she would be the same.  Trump doesn't even try to hide it for Christs sake.  

The mind blowing thing is, the same people who are exasperated about how corrupt Hillary is.....don't care about Trump.  In fact, the more he does it, the more they love him. 

Why?

• Plus1 2

3 minutes ago, ZRod said:

I think she was the lesser of two evils and her adminstration would have undoubtedly been more qualified than this one. I don't think she would have been a national security threat by gutting the state department, abandoning our allies in the fight against ISIS, bullying our NATO partners, and generally pissing off our friends for the last century.

She was a terrible candidate, but better than what we have now.

1 minute ago, BigRedBuster said:

I was not a Hillary supporter, didn't vote for her and believe she is a corrupt person.

However, when Bill was in office, there was no way in hell we had the type of rampant overt corruption that we have now.  So, I would suspect she would be the same.  Trump doesn't even try to hide it for Christs sake.  

The mind blowing thing is, the same people who are exasperated about how corrupt Hillary is.....don't care about Trump.  In fact, the more he does it, the more they love him. 

Why?

Yikes... we're gonna have to agree to disagree on Hillary I guess...

15 minutes ago, ActualCornHusker said:

Neither party is on the right side of history. Do you remember what happened when Republicans (or anyone) criticized Obama? They were attacked and slandered as racists. 

Well when you spend a whole day criticizing a tan suit.... Obama recieved plenty of criticism some fair, but some was very questionably motivated.

19 minutes ago, ActualCornHusker said:

Yikes... we're gonna have to agree to disagree on Hillary I guess...

Well....maybe you need to think about what you’re missing. 

That said, let’s assume you’re right. Here is what makes me bang my head. You and I both didn’t want Hillary in office because she was corrupt. You admit Trump is corrupt, right?  Why do you accept his corruption as ....well, that’s the way it’s always been ( which I think is hogwash)?

shouldnt you be just as disgusted and outraged?

why do Trump supports live his corruption and hate Hillary’s?

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, BigRedBuster said:

That said, let’s assume you’re right. Here is what makes me bang my head. You and I both didn’t want Hillary in office because she was corrupt. You admit Trump is corrupt, right?  Why do you accept his corruption as ....well, that’s the way it’s always been ( which I think is hogwash)?

And why, when he is currently serving as President of the United States, and with her actually serving in NO public office does she come up at all?  We spend far too much time fielding questions about how bad and corrupt she would have possibly been and not enough on the scourge and actual, ongoing corruption that currently sits in the Oval.

(BRB I think this is what you're saying, I just needed to type it out)

• Plus1 1
3 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Who said i accept it? And to be honest, I'm not sure how corrupt he actually is, especially in comparison to the last couple presidents (I could be persuaded). The fact that he's brash and has zero tact makes it "feel" that way, but i haven't actually seen much credible evidence. My biggest beef with Trump is that he campaigned to shrink the scope of the federal government (which is the primary reason most people voted for him), but the government has just gotten larger, and so has the debt, which is going to absolutely screw all of us...

1 minute ago, ActualCornHusker said:

Who said i accept it? And to be honest, I'm not sure how corrupt he actually is, especially in comparison to the last couple presidents (I could be persuaded). The fact that he's brash and has zero tact makes it "feel" that way, but i haven't actually seen much credible evidence. My biggest beef with Trump is that he campaigned to shrink the scope of the federal government (which is the primary reason most people voted for him), but the government has just gotten larger, and so has the debt, which is going to absolutely screw all of us...

So, you haven’t had a problem with his kids ( who have no official capacity nor security clearance) sitting in on official meetings with foreign leaders that they have businesses the country of or are trying to open ones. 

What other president has had family members who don’t hold official titles and security clearance representing the US?

• Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, NM11046 said:

And why, when he is currently serving as President of the United States, and with her actually serving in NO public office does she come up at all?  We spend far too much time fielding questions about how bad and corrupt she would have possibly been and not enough on the scourge and actual, ongoing corruption that currently sits in the Oval.

(BRB I think this is what you're saying, I just needed to type it out)

Actually it was in response to the idea that the Dem party is "on the right side of history" (which is laughable to say the least). The point being, a Clinton white house would have been exponentially worse than we have currently. At best, we'd likely be in a recession right now. At worst (more likely) not only would we be in recession, she likely would have taken us to war with Russia, and maybe North Korea as well, and the level of corruption would have been 10x what you think it is now, but you'd hear less about it because she'd keep it under wraps, and she's got the media in her hip pocket. 

So in summary, no, Dems are not on the right side of history... both parties lose in that regard

• Haha 3