Crazy crap Mark Banker says

Unsure how he will work out as a DC at Nebraska, but he is always great for a sound bite. This most recent one from todays practice.

The defense has the upper hand right now, according to junior cornerback Joshua Kalu.

"I think the defense kicked ass today," he said.

I think whoever that defensive player is should shut up and not say anything, and say it in private if he wants to, but don't believe it," the coach said. "It's like one of those things ... You put it in your mouth -- if you taste it, it's one thing. If you swallow it, you'll probably die from it."

Bottom line, "You can't worry about that stuff," he said. "Because as soon as you're up, someone's going to lay the wood to you and you're going to be down."

http://journalstar.com/sports/huskers/life-in-the-red/rose-ivey-s-knee-injury-a-little-tweak-banker-says/article_5b0f71b6-601b-11e6-9e7b-c7b86a2c8d5b.html

• Fire 3

Banker is a flipping idiot who Oregon State fans ran out of Corevallis years before Riley came to NU.

If the defense is like last year, Banker needs to be given an admonistrative job by his best buddy.

He should go live in the dorms with Hank Hughs...I still think that would be one of the best sitcoms ever

Banker is a flipping idiot who Oregon State fans ran out of Corevallis years before Riley came to NU.

If the defense is like last year, Banker needs to be given an admonistrative job by his best buddy.

Banker was at OSU from 03-14, just like Riley...

I think he knows that… Beaver fans want to Banker out for a very long time

Has he ever fielded a good defense? Serious question.

I don't find those to be interesting comments. More like gibberish.

Hence the descriptive adjective of "crazy" as opposed to "interesting".

I believe that Banker has had a few "decent" defenses while at OSU. Now defining decent is open to interpretation..... I tried to find the rankings, but didn't have much luck. I really didn't want to rehash the same things from last season. For today, we are undefeated.

• Fire 2

There's, what you're speculating his intent was and what was written.

I think he knows that Beaver fans want to Banker out for a very long time

What was wrong with what I wrote? Beaver fans wanted him fired from OSU from like 2010, which was years before Riley came to NU.

Make the Huskers great again!

Mike leech would always say zany, weird comments in interviews. But, leech was an offensive guru and it makes it easier to listen to. Bankers says this stuff that makes no sense and he looks clueless on GameDay. Hoping for a much improved effort this year. We have the talent to be a good defense

Leech is a lawyer and a pirate. That's why he says crazy, zany things. I love Leech interviews.

• Fire 1

Mike leech would always say zany, weird comments in interviews. But, leech was an offensive guru and it makes it easier to listen to. Bankers says this stuff that makes no sense and he looks clueless on GameDay. Hoping for a much improved effort this year. We have the talent to be a good defense

Leech is a lawyer and a pirate. That's why he says crazy, zany things. I love Leech interviews.

I agree. I find them entertaining. But if leech was our coach I think I would find the interviews to get old. Just tell us how the team looks man. I don't need to hear about ham and eggs

Nope...I have known him for 20 years...not speculation

Has he ever fielded a good defense? Serious question.

I don't find those to be interesting comments. More like gibberish.

Hence the descriptive adjective of "crazy" as opposed to "interesting".

I believe that Banker has had a few "decent" defenses while at OSU. Now defining decent is open to interpretation..... I tried to find the rankings, but didn't have much luck. I really didn't want to rehash the same things from last season. For today, we are undefeated.

quick scan best scoring defense 2012 22nd in the country 2nd in the PAC 12

In the PAC 12(10) since 2008

• Scoring: 5, 6, 7, 7, 2, 9, 9
  • Rushing: 6, 3, 7, 12,3,11, 9
  • Passing: 3, 6, 7, 2, 3, 7, 3
  • Total: 2 ,6, 8, 7, 3, 9, 4

For comp Nebraska in the big 12/10 from 2008

• Scoring: 6, 1, 2, 7, 9, 6, 9
  • Rushing: 3, 2, 7, 8,10,7, 9
  • Passing: 2, 1, 1, 7, 1, 4, 7
  • Total: 2, 2, 2, 7, 7, 4, 8

(from cfbstats.com)