Crazy crap Mark Banker says

I must have missed those comments about complaining about recruiting. Do you have a link?

http://www.espn.com/blog/bigten/post/_/id/76405/nebraska-must-be-patient-in-recruiting

Yikes

Why "yikes"?

I actually agree with everything Els said in that article. It's all factually true, and stuff we talk about a lot.

I didn't see any comments from Bo... sounds like one of those after the fact rumors that flares up after a firing.

yeah yeah. Everyone knows how bad the pass defense was. bla bla bla. Yet no one has the brains or ambition to think about why, and what has happened since to hopefully remedy this. No one wants to consider the circumstances while using the past as a reason to have no hope for something all while ignoring adjustements for the future. The 2015 pass defense was terrible. So by default every pass defense for the next umpteen years under Banker's watch will be terrible. This is the dumbass default some of you live by.

Actually, a lot of people talked about why it was bad, in detail, including former players. A former MLB wrote a pretty lengthy critique about Banker's defensive problems if you want to look it up. But I suppose he's just in "dumbass default."

• Fire 2

I must have missed those comments about complaining about recruiting. Do you have a link?

http://www.espn.com/blog/bigten/post/_/id/76405/nebraska-must-be-patient-in-recruiting

Yikes

Why "yikes"?

I actually agree with everything Els said in that article. It's all factually true, and stuff we talk about a lot.

I didn't see any comments from Bo... sounds like one of those after the fact rumors that flares up after a firing.

Yikes because the current staff has no trouble getting kids on campus for unofficial visits. See Jospeh Lewis visiting this weekend on his own dime just a few weeks before his actual official visit. They had a major turnout for FNL and a major turnout for the spring game.

Yikes because under the previous staff they would have to scramble at the end of the year to even just fill out the class.

• Fire 6

yeah yeah. Everyone knows how bad the pass defense was. bla bla bla. Yet no one has the brains or ambition to think about why, and what has happened since to hopefully remedy this. No one wants to consider the circumstances while using the past as a reason to have no hope for something all while ignoring adjustements for the future. The 2015 pass defense was terrible. So by default every pass defense for the next umpteen years under Banker's watch will be terrible. This is the dumbass default some of you live by.

Actually, a lot of people talked about why it was bad, in detail, including former players. A former MLB wrote a pretty lengthy critique about Banker's defensive problems if you want to look it up. But I suppose he's just in "dumbass default."

I must have missed the comments from the former MLB. Do you have a link?

I must have missed the comments from the former MLB. Do you have a link?

You have Google, go look it up yourself.

Kidding, I'm looking. I think it was Dillard who provided the commentary. Said he could call plays out before the snap because they did nothing to disguise coverages or confuse the QB.

I had considered starting a thread exactly like this last year, mainly because of all the funny Banker-isms he was constantly doling out in every interview. I thought it would be nice to have a place we could "collect" them for future entertainment.

The reason I didn't start it last year is because I knew it would instantly be hijacked by haters. When I saw this thread I thought "here it comes..." and sure enough, posts #2, 3, and 4 were an instant derailment. At this point is there a single discussion topic that is immune from anti-coach vitrol from a vocal minority? Starting to get old. Actually, it's been old for a while. Starting to get stale.

Hmmm, post 37 too and post 40 are also off topic. But you did not mention the Mods post or your own.

I like when Banker turns to take a question...he turns his entire body like he is in a full cast!

My post 40 was right on-topic, but nice try.

Obviously, this whole thread has devolved into a discussion of Banker's coaching ability, so I may as well go with the flow.

I had considered starting a thread exactly like this last year, mainly because of all the funny Banker-isms he was constantly doling out in every interview. I thought it would be nice to have a place we could "collect" them for future entertainment.

The reason I didn't start it last year is because I knew it would instantly be hijacked by haters. When I saw this thread I thought "here it comes..." and sure enough, posts #2, 3, and 4 were an instant derailment. At this point is there a single discussion topic that is immune from anti-coach vitrol from a vocal minority? Starting to get old. Actually, it's been old for a while. Starting to get stale.

Hmmm, post 37 too and post 40 are also off topic. But you did not mention the Mods post or your own.

I like when Banker turns to take a question...he turns his entire body like he is in a full cast!

My post 40 was right on-topic, but nice try.

Obviously, this whole thread has devolved into a discussion of Banker's coaching ability, so I may as well go with the flow.

Thank you, I appreciate the compliment. It is a good feeling to be recognized when one gives a "nice try"

Banker is a flipping idiot who Oregon State fans ran out of Corevallis years before Riley came to NU.

If the defense is like last year, Banker needs to be given an admonistrative job by his best buddy.

Banker was at OSU from 03-14, just like Riley...
I think he knows that Beaver fans want to Banker out for a very long time

There's, what you're speculating his intent was and what was written.
What was wrong with what I wrote? Beaver fans wanted him fired from OSU from like 2010, which was years before Riley came to NU.

True. And after last year's 0-12 and the possibility of 0-12 this season, all of the sudden Beaver fans are looking at Riley and Banker with different feelings.

Banker is a flipping idiot who Oregon State fans ran out of Corevallis years before Riley came to NU.

If the defense is like last year, Banker needs to be given an admonistrative job by his best buddy.

What was wrong with what I wrote? Beaver fans wanted him fired from OSU from like 2010, which was years before Riley came to NU.

True. And after last year's 0-12 and the possibility of 0-12 this season, all of the sudden Beaver fans are looking at Riley and Banker with different feelings.

First, facts are nice.

Second, does that mean that all Husker fans are looking at Pelini with different feelings as well?

Oregon St was actually 2-10 I believe last year. If they win 4 this year they will be doing well. OSU is definitely on the bottom rung of the PAC 12 ladder right now.

First, facts are nice.

Second, does that mean that all Husker fans are looking at Pelini with different feelings as well?

Facts are nice. Like the fact that I'm an OSU alumnus and live in the state. As I stated, lots of folks are looking fondly at the Riley years with the dumpster fire that OSU has quickly become again. Now into year 2, lots of players are still quitting and the two best recruits didn't make it academically.

As for Pelini and Husker fans, I can't say. I don't live there and I'm the only UNL fan that I know personally.

Edit to add:

http://www.oregonlive.com/beavers/index.ssf/2016/08/details_for_fridays_open_scrim.html#incart_river_home

Oregon State has a scrimmage today. The story was posted two hours ago and there are FOUR posts to the story in Oregon's largest newspaper. One of the posts is a Ducks' fan talking smack. Typically there would be many, many more. Apathy has hit OSU football in record time. Even Ducks' fans don't comment because it's like kicking a dog when he's down.

Oregon St was actually 2-10 I believe last year. If they win 4 this year they will be doing well. OSU is definitely on the bottom rung of the PAC 12 ladder right now.

I honestly don't remember what their record was. They were hard to watch. I do remember they were 0'fer the Pac 12.

I just looked at defensive rankings for 6 stats for OSU and Nebraska 2002-2015. I'd like to put it into a spreadsheet, but I will have to wait until after work. Here are some observations:

Overall, the first 6 years of Banker at OSU were good/great with the exception of one year (2005)

The last 6 were average/bad with the exception of one year (2012)

Run Defense was pretty consistently good in the first 7 years, with top-25 finishes 5-of-7, and two top-5 finishes.

Pass Defense was pretty consistently average/bad throughout his tenure, with a #22 best ranking in 2009

INT and sack rankings were up-and-down, but a lot of top-ten finishes in there. I'm guessing that it was more of an individual talent thing?

Also, as bad as Banker's last 5 or 6 years were at OSU, ALL of the 6 defensive rankings for the Beavers in 2015-16 were lower than Banker's lowest year. Horrifically bad Defense.

Nebraska's #9 Run Defense last year matches Bo's 2009 rank, and beats Bo's 5-year average since then (70th).

Nebraska's #121 Pass Defense last year is the lowest in many, many years, beating 2004 (110) 2007 (84) and 2008 (89).

Bo's 4-year-span of Pass D dominance (2009-2012) compares closely to Banker's 5-year-span of Run D dominance (2003-2007).

Both Coaches' INT rankings are similar. Including 2003 for Bo, he was top-11 3-of-8 years. Banker was top-10 5-of-12 years.

Bo was top-15 in sacks twice, in 08-09. Banker was top-5 in sacks in 06, 07, 08.

Bo's increase in defensive rankings in 03, and 08-09 are striking. Amazing, really. Banker in 03 maintained a similar or slightly better ranking compared to 02.

• Fire 3

Unsure how he will work out as a DC at Nebraska, but he is always great for a sound bite. This most recent one from todays practice.

The defense has the upper hand right now, according to junior cornerback Joshua Kalu.

"I think the defense kicked ass today," he said.

I think whoever that defensive player is should shut up and not say anything, and say it in private if he wants to, but don't believe it," the coach said. "It's like one of those things ... You put it in your mouth -- if you taste it, it's one thing. If you swallow it, you'll probably die from it."

Bottom line, "You can't worry about that stuff," he said. "Because as soon as you're up, someone's going to lay the wood to you and you're going to be down."

http://journalstar.com/sports/huskers/life-in-the-red/rose-ivey-s-knee-injury-a-little-tweak-banker-says/article_5b0f71b6-601b-11e6-9e7b-c7b86a2c8d5b.html

You tried dude. I thought it was a good idea. Had potential to be kind of fun.

People can't read and turned it into a turd salad- even after a mod warning.

At this point we're 50 posts into 'ignore the OP and show your weiners' in the same tired debate that lives in numerous places on the board.

This is why Trump.

• Fire 1