Crazy crap Mark Banker says

I like IA State Husker's idea of starting a quotes thread about Banker. I think it was Dude who said that Banker should be a color commentator when he retires from football. The guy has some of the goofiest analogies and a majority of them are funny.

I dont get it, what is wrong with property in Florida? Like there is no property anyone could percieve as valuable in the entire state? Is this a meme I missed out on? Or where you trying to use the "oceanfront in Arizona" type of deal?

Yeah, it's an old saying. Based on fraudulent land deals involving uninhabitable swamp land.

Unsure how he will work out as a DC at Nebraska, but he is always great for a sound bite. This most recent one from todays practice.

The defense has the upper hand right now, according to junior cornerback Joshua Kalu.

"I think the defense kicked ass today," he said.[/size]

I think whoever that defensive player is should shut up and not say anything, and say it in private if he wants to, but don't believe it," the coach said. "It's like one of those things ... You put it in your mouth -- if you taste it, it's one thing. If you swallow it, you'll probably die from it."[/size]

Bottom line, "You can't worry about that stuff," he said. "Because as soon as you're up, someone's going to lay the wood to you and you're going to be down."

http://journalstar.com/sports/huskers/life-in-the-red/rose-ivey-s-knee-injury-a-little-tweak-banker-says/article_5b0f71b6-601b-11e6-9e7b-c7b86a2c8d5b.html

You tried dude. I thought it was a good idea. Had potential to be kind of fun.

People can't read and turned it into a turd salad- even after a mod warning.

At this point we're 50 posts into 'ignore the OP and show your weiners' in the same tired debate that lives in numerous places on the board.

This is why Trump.

Thanks. Figured it'd be funny to keep a rolling thread of his one liners.

Unsure how he will work out as a DC at Nebraska, but he is always great for a sound bite. This most recent one from todays practice.

The defense has the upper hand right now, according to junior cornerback Joshua Kalu.

I think whoever that defensive player is should shut up and not say anything, and say it in private if he wants to, but don't believe it," the coach said. "It's like one of those things ... You put it in your mouth -- if you taste it, it's one thing. If you swallow it, you'll probably die from it."[/size]

Bottom line, "You can't worry about that stuff," he said. "Because as soon as you're up, someone's going to lay the wood to you and you're going to be down."

http://journalstar.com/sports/huskers/life-in-the-red/rose-ivey-s-knee-injury-a-little-tweak-banker-says/article_5b0f71b6-601b-11e6-9e7b-c7b86a2c8d5b.html

At this point we're 50 posts into 'ignore the OP and show your weiners' in the same tired debate that lives in numerous places on the board.

This is why Trump.

I'm gonna try to help keep it alive throughout the season. We can't let them win.

BTW- maybe it should be expanded to pics of Banker as well. Sometimes he looks like he just walked in from sleeping in his van.

This is why Trump.

I'm gonna try to help keep it alive throughout the season. We can't let them win.

BTW- maybe it should be expanded to pics of Banker as well. Sometimes he looks like he just walked in from sleeping in his van.

I'd go with video, too. Sometimes the reason the stuff he says is funny is the delivery. He's got a Massachusetts accent, and kinda sounds like a Wahlberg. Agree that he would make an entertaining sports media guy. Better than some of the BTN guys.

Come to think of it, Bo would make an interesting media guy, too. In a Bob Knight kind of way. Bo has a pretty good sense of humor when he is not under the microscope of coaching. Not well spoken, but many of the "color commentary" guys aren't either.

The defense has the upper hand right now, according to junior cornerback Joshua Kalu."I think the defense kicked ass today," he said.[/size]

Bottom line, "You can't worry about that stuff," he said. "Because as soon as you're up, someone's going to lay the wood to you and you're going to be down."http://journalstar.com/sports/huskers/life-in-the-red/rose-ivey-s-knee-injury-a-little-tweak-banker-says/article_5b0f71b6-601b-11e6-9e7b-c7b86a2c8d5b.html

This is why Trump.

I'd go with video, too. Sometimes the reason the stuff he says is funny is the delivery. He's got a Massachusetts accent, and kinda sounds like a Wahlberg. Agree that he would make an entertaining sports media guy. Better than some of the BTN guys.

Come to think of it, Bo would make an interesting media guy, too. In a Bob Knight kind of way. Bo has a pretty good sense of humor when he is not under the microscope of coaching. Not well spoken, but many of the "color commentary" guys aren't either.

I'm in.

Anyone who reads cherry picked stats and concludes that Banker is among the top defensive minds in the game, please let me know. I have some property in Florida you may be interested in.

What was cherry picked about the stats?

You like to dispute or say that things are cherry picked but you never explain why. I really think you have no clue what you are talking about or disputing but rather are just looking to start an arguement.

The last time you done this, it blew up in your face.

• Fire 3