Crazy crap Mark Banker says

Unsure how he will work out as a DC at Nebraska, but he is always great for a sound bite. This most recent one from todays practice.

The defense has the upper hand right now, according to junior cornerback Joshua Kalu.

"I think the defense kicked ass today," he said.[/size]

I think whoever that defensive player is should shut up and not say anything, and say it in private if he wants to, but don't believe it," the coach said. "It's like one of those things ... You put it in your mouth -- if you taste it, it's one thing. If you swallow it, you'll probably die from it."[/size]

Bottom line, "You can't worry about that stuff," he said. "Because as soon as you're up, someone's going to lay the wood to you and you're going to be down."

http://journalstar.com/sports/huskers/life-in-the-red/rose-ivey-s-knee-injury-a-little-tweak-banker-says/article_5b0f71b6-601b-11e6-9e7b-c7b86a2c8d5b.html

You tried dude. I thought it was a good idea. Had potential to be kind of fun.

People can't read and turned it into a turd salad- even after a mod warning.

At this point we're 50 posts into 'ignore the OP and show your weiners' in the same tired debate that lives in numerous places on the board.

This is why Trump.

Thanks. Figured it'd be funny to keep a rolling thread of his one liners.

I'm gonna try to help keep it alive throughout the season. We can't let them win.

BTW- maybe it should be expanded to pics of Banker as well. Sometimes he looks like he just walked in from sleeping in his van.

Maybe the mods can come through and kill off all the bs posts so we can save this thread for posterity. :)

• 3 weeks later...

There's a bunch of them in here.

"It's like one of those things, you know, you put it in your mouth, if you taste it it's one thing, if you swallow it you'll probably die from it".

WHAT DOES THAT EVEN MEAN?!

My guess-terpretation:

Getting a taste of success is good, builds confidence...but if you "swallow it", or fall for it, (believing your own hype), it might get you killed (in the game)....

Wow, that was difficult.

There's a bunch of them in here.

"It's like one of those things, you know, you put it in your mouth, if you taste it it's one thing, if you swallow it you'll probably die from it".WHAT DOES THAT EVEN MEAN?!

It's the universal edibility test. Duh!!!

http://www.backpacker.com/survival/universal-edibility-test/

1. Separate the plant into its various partsroots, stems, leaves, buds, and flowers. Focus on only one piece of the plant at a time.

2. Smell it. A strong, unpleasant odor is a bad sign.

3. Test for contact poisoning by placing a piece of the plant on your inner elbow or wrist for a few minutes. If your skin burns, itches, feels numb, or breaks out in a rash, dont eat the plant.

4. If the plant passes the skin test, prepare a small portion the way you plan to eat it (boiling is always a good bet).

5. Before taking a bite, touch the plant to your lips to test for burning or itching. If theres no reaction after 15 minutes, take a small bite, chew it, and hold it in your mouth for 15 minutes. If the plant tastes very bitter or soapy, spit it out.

6. If theres no reaction in your mouth, swallow the bite and wait several hours. If theres no ill effect, you can assume this part of the plant is edible. Repeat the test for other parts of the plant; some plants have both edible and inedible parts.

• Fire 1

And this little gem from Banker after Fresno St....

"There is no doubt in my mind that he is a good football player, a good athlete, and more importantly, he wants to be a good football player," Banker said. "We'll continue to see more of him along the way. We're not going to hand anything to him. He's going to compete just like everybody else.

"But I think what's important for every freshman in the secondary, you can learn by fire, but at the same time, you want to make sure that they always have confidence. Even veteran corners, if they lose their stinger, it's not a good thing."