Crazy crap Mark Banker says

And this one about Royce Freeman going down:

* How fortunate was Nebraska that Oregon lost running back Royce Freeman after only five carries?

Let Banker explain.

"Oh, sh--, they were pounding the ball at us in the middle and we were having a hard time," he said. "I think it changed (the game) a lot."

They ran for 350 anyway and he left 10 plays into the game. I guess I just fail to see how his presence woulda made that much of a difference. Its not like he averaged 10 ypc for 2 1/2 quarters, then left, and all a sudden, boom, their run game goes capoot and we shut them out rest of the way. This isnt Braxton Miller 2011.

* How fortunate was Nebraska that Oregon lost running back Royce Freeman after only five carries?

Let Banker explain.

"Oh, sh--, they were pounding the ball at us in the middle and we were having a hard time," he said. "I think it changed (the game) a lot."

They ran for 350 anyway and he left 10 plays into the game. I guess I just fail to see how his presence woulda made that much of a difference. Its not like he averaged 10 ypc for 2 1/2 quarters, then left, and all a sudden, boom, their run game goes capoot and we shut them out rest of the way. This isnt Braxton Miller 2011.

Think Wisconsin 2012 B1G Title Game difference.

Let Banker explain.

Actually this staff has shown the ability to adjust

Finding that Friday is part Tamarian has made it much easier for me to see where he's going. I thought about my speculation that he didn't gameplan for all the scrambles, but then I thought maybe they DID decide that with all the high flying ducks they'd have to pick their poison and that poison was the QB's feet? Now I doubt he ever envisioned from the castle veranda that the average Duck QB would be skipping around like an Irish lad on a crisp spring morn and probably thought our men would choose to dogpile this guy before he got 30 yards upfield. Thus the containment critique.

​To me the King's shown vast improvement. There aren't too many more upcoming teams that pose this threat and for those that do, alternating spies or a delay-blitzing MLB might be enough to shut it down. The secondary played like the first game was a setup ,with tight and smart coverage.... Really looked sharp considering O's potential.

Finding that Friday is part Tamarian has made it much easier for me to see where he's going. I thought about my speculation that he didn't gameplan for all the scrambles, but then I thought maybe they DID decide that with all the high flying ducks they'd have to pick their poison and that poison was the QB's feet? Now I doubt he ever envisioned from the castle veranda that the average Duck QB would be skipping around like an Irish lad on a crisp spring morn and probably thought our men would choose to dogpile this guy before he got 30 yards upfield. Thus the containment critique.

​To me the King's shown vast improvement. There aren't too many more upcoming teams that pose this threat and for those that do, alternating spies or a delay-blitzing MLB might be enough to shut it down. The secondary played like the first game was a setup ,with tight and smart coverage.... Really looked sharp considering O's potential.

Lol wut?
  • Fire 1

Let Banker explain.

Doubtful.

On Oregon going for 2:

"I've never seen that many 2-point conversions in a game. I mean, even playing Oregon (in the past), At some point in time it would be 'no mas'. They'd do something else or kick."

"If you 50/50 split those things you're good. But if you're in Vegas and you're down, you gotta know enough to go up to your room or something."

• Fire 1
  • 2 weeks later...

A day after the Illinois win during his presser, Banker was asked about Nebraska's offense having long drives, and how it affects the Defense:

"Good news, bad news, right? It's awesome that the offense stays on the field and just grinds away. Its another thing that you're just sittin' there, trying to get this game started, you know? And all of a sudden your juices start simmerin' a little bit."

When asked what he does during drives that can take 30-plus minutes of real-time:

"I usually talk to myself."

• Fire 5