Hillary: If you don't believe according to the government you must change.

are you moving the goalposts just a bit to further your point?

says the guy who just tried to re-define what it means to be a US-born citizen..

yeah, I know.. making American follow American laws and not some other law.. really redefining what it means to be US-born citizen.

So when those two (law & Bible) come into conflict, Gods rules always win." Rubio.

Should we deport him, too?

those pesky moving goalposts.. Did he kill anyone based on that belief?

Sooooo.....we wait till these citizens kill someone and then deport them?

Exactly. You're just discriminating against them based on your own beliefs before they've done anything wrong.

How do we jump from "Do you believe in sharia law" to "are trying to kill as many non-sharia US citizens as they can?" And how do we legally punish people at different ends of that spectrum? One end is a belief, and one end involves action.

You can't criminalize beliefs.

LOL Liberals are doing just that all the time. Everywhere you look you can find examples. I would cite the prohibitions and laws being enacted and or decreed by the SCOTUS saying that people who believe abortion is murder, a fundamental belief based on Christian values certainly, and those who believe that homosexuality is a sin and morally wrong are prohibited from even speaking about it and certainly may not exercise their Constitutional rights of freedom of religion and freedom of association to refuse to treat them differently. People are NOT required by the Constitution to disavow their beliefs. Those who follow Sharia law (Muslims basically) may believe what they like and live that way but may not refuse to obey American secular laws such as the prohibitions against rape, murder, incest, etc. just because they have chosen to impose Sharia on the community and act accordingly.

says the guy who just tried to re-define what it means to be a US-born citizen..

yeah, I know.. making American follow American laws and not some other law.. really redefining what it means to be US-born citizen.

So when those two (law & Bible) come into conflict, Gods rules always win." Rubio.

Exactly. You're just discriminating against them based on your own beliefs before they've done anything wrong.

How do we jump from "Do you believe in sharia law" to "are trying to kill as many non-sharia US citizens as they can?" And how do we legally punish people at different ends of that spectrum? One end is a belief, and one end involves action.

Gingrich said believe, but I said believe and acted on by killing.

Ok, yes, we're in agreement. If any US citizen kills anyone, we should probably look into that.

Not what I said, but you knew that..

Also, I would add all those caught planning an attack.. gone. I would also stop any and all muslims from coming into this country.

That last sentence... smgdh...

no hate at all.. just smart. To stop those attacking you on your own soil, stop them from entering your country. Pretty simple!

One person.

Not "those". One person. You would ban an entire religion of people from immigrating because one person of foreign natuonality committed a heinous act here in the last 15 years.

There are been move than one person that has had ties to ISIS or was inspired by ISIS that have killed Americans on American soil... Not only here, but in other countries, we should not ignore that and allow it to grow.

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2015/06/17/world/middleeast/map-isis-attacks-around-the-world.html

One is more than enough, but it is more than one. Not sure where you got your information.

I got the number on my own sifting through the events you've just linked. In the United States there has been ONE person born outside of the United States that was involved in the incidents you linked to. One. It was the wife in the San Bernardino incident. Maybe I'm off, but out of only a handful of incidents to begin with, how can you justify baring an entire religion?

More scrutiny sure, but an outright ban? Give me a break.

Google terroist attacks worldwide. I believe you will find there are quite literally thousands of such attacks EACH YEAR. There have been many in the USA in the past 15 years and a number before that. Many thousands of have been killed or injured by radical Muslims acting out their religious tenets and beliefs. They come here with the expressed purpose of attacking and killing non Muslims and even those Muslims they deem to be failing to carry out their religion's requirements. We should deport all who refuse to proclaim loyalty to the United States and to abide by its laws generally. Nobody has, as of now, proposed with burn all Mosques to the ground and round up the many millions who have ignorantly been allowed entry into the country previously. Natural born citizens have their rights, but the right to support and defend and participate in conspiracies to violate our laws and harm others is NOT one of those rights.

LOL Liberals are doing just that all the time. Everywhere you look you can find examples. I would cite the prohibitions and laws being enacted and or decreed by the SCOTUS saying that people who believe abortion is murder, a fundamental belief based on Christian values certainly, and those who believe that homosexuality is a sin and morally wrong are prohibited from even speaking about it and certainly may not exercise their Constitutional rights of freedom of religion and freedom of association to refuse to treat them differently. People are NOT required by the Constitution to disavow their beliefs. Those who follow Sharia law (Muslims basically) may believe what they like and live that way but may not refuse to obey American secular laws such as the prohibitions against rape, murder, incest, etc. just because they have chosen to impose Sharia on the community and act accordingly.

Oh you can talk about those things all you want, you just have to treat everyone equally and you have no right to tell a woman what she can do with her body. Why is that such an infringement on your beliefs?

First of all, show me in the bible where it says you should treat people of homosexual orientation differently. Second no one is forbidding anyone who opposes abortion from speaking their mind.

Gingrich said believe, but I said believe and acted on by killing.

Ok, yes, we're in agreement. If any US citizen kills anyone, we should probably look into that.

Not what I said, but you knew that..

Also, I would add all those caught planning an attack.. gone. I would also stop any and all muslims from coming into this country.

That last sentence... smgdh...

no hate at all.. just smart. To stop those attacking you on your own soil, stop them from entering your country. Pretty simple!

One person.

Not "those". One person. You would ban an entire religion of people from immigrating because one person of foreign natuonality committed a heinous act here in the last 15 years.

There are been move than one person that has had ties to ISIS or was inspired by ISIS that have killed Americans on American soil... Not only here, but in other countries, we should not ignore that and allow it to grow.

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2015/06/17/world/middleeast/map-isis-attacks-around-the-world.html

One is more than enough, but it is more than one. Not sure where you got your information.

I got the number on my own sifting through the events you've just linked. In the United States there has been ONE person born outside of the United States that was involved in the incidents you linked to. One. It was the wife in the San Bernardino incident. Maybe I'm off, but out of only a handful of incidents to begin with, how can you justify baring an entire religion?

More scrutiny sure, but an outright ban? Give me a break.

Google terroist attacks worldwide. I believe you will find there are quite literally thousands of such attacks EACH YEAR. There have been many in the USA in the past 15 years and a number before that. Many thousands of have been killed or injured by radical Muslims acting out their religious tenets and beliefs. They come here with the expressed purpose of attacking and killing non Muslims and even those Muslims they deem to be failing to carry out their religion's requirements. We should deport all who refuse to proclaim loyalty to the United States and to abide by its laws generally. Nobody has, as of now, proposed with burn all Mosques to the ground and round up the many millions who have ignorantly been allowed entry into the country previously. Natural born citizens have their rights, but the right to support and defend and participate in conspiracies to violate our laws and harm others is NOT one of those rights.

We're not talking about attacks around the world. We're talking about attacks here in the US by immigrants and foreign nationals, and the fear of an attack occurring here. I'm telling you that fear is, by the numbers, largely unjustified.

Deport all those who don't claim loyalty? Wtf? So every noncitizen???

• Fire 1

Alright, let's put the shoe on the other foot.

Why is the general discourse in this country about whether to ban Muslims and sweeping THIS under the rug?

For years, the Jabara family says, their Tulsa neighbor terrorized them.

He called them names -- "dirty Arabs," "filthy Lebanese," they said.
He hurled racial epithets at those who came to work on their lawns, they alleged.
He ran Haifa Jabara over with his car and went to court for it.
And it all came to a head last week when the man, Stanley Vernon Majors, walked up to the front steps of the family home and shot and killed Khalid Jabara, police said.
"The frustration that we continue to see anti-Muslim, anti-Arab, xenophobic rhetoric and hate speech has unfortunately led up to a tragedy like this," it said.

This story is horrifying. This is every bit as stories about people noticing warning signs before terrorists carried out their attacks and not saying anything. I'd argue it's worse, because the system let this happen.

I don't hear anybody standing up for this guy. If the skin colors were reversed, this would be plastered wall to wall on every national news outlet.

If you read this and you're not disgusted as an American, shame on you.

• Fire 3

The banning all Muslims proposal, how is that supposed to work in reality? Do you expect anyone to admit to being a Muslim if they know it would prevent them from entering the country? I suppose to be safe we will just have to keep anyone brown from coming in.

It is pretty fascinating when more Republican-esque folk hold so dearly to the idea constitutional rights...except when it comes to Muslims.

Soooo......how many would have you reported in the last 10 years?

Why are you asking me this question? Report them to who, the government?

Unless one of them came right out and talk about attacking someone or someplace, then how would I know?

Because...you talk about deporting all of these American citizens and I'm trying to get a grasp of how big the problem is.

Are we talking 100 people? 20,000 people??? 8,000,000 people?

Actually, attacks worldwide SHOULD play a huge part in such an action, ignoring those attacks is just plain, well, ignorant.

Who said they aren't considered? Banning an entire religion from immigrating when a small minority cause problems is just, well, plain ignorant.

Actually, attacks worldwide SHOULD play a huge part in such an action, ignoring those attacks is just plain, well, ignorant.

Who said they aren't considered? Banning an entire religion from immigrating when a small minority cause problems is just, well, plain ignorant.

We're not talking about attacks around the world. We're talking about attacks here in the US by immigrants and foreign nationals, and the fear of an attack occurring here. I'm telling you that fear is, by the numbers, largely unjustified.

Well, you sure made it sound like you were saying it with your comment above.