Off Tack Empire: 2016 Nebraska Preview & Predictions

As the seconds ticked off the clock in Santa Clara last season, you could almost feel the sense of relief across all of Husker Nation. Defeat would not be stolen from the jaws of victory that evening, and while many would celebrate a job well done, many stopped to ask, "What if..."

What if Nebraska knocks down the ball against BYU?

What if Nebraska doesn’t throw a game-ending interception against Miami?

What if Nebraska runs the ball against Illinois?

What if Nebraska has an offensive gameplan against Wisconsin?

What if Nebraska makes the 2-pt conversion against Northwestern?

What if Nebraska has a competent QB against Purdue?

What if Nebraska doesn’t throw 4 INTs against Iowa?

It’s not realistic to believe that all of these would have changed the outcomes of the games. After all, the 2015 Nebraska Cornhuskers proved they were far from a Conference

Title contending team and I would be remiss to point out that a new coaching staff plus a relatively young team meant a lot of growing pains, but after beating a UCLA team that was considered a decent national profile showed that Nebraska was perhaps a better team than its 6-7 record would reflect.

The problem with that? Who cares about context? It’s time to get to the closing arguments for the Nebraska Cornhuskers in 2016.

http://www.offtackleempire.com/2016/8/16/12494866/2016-nebraska-cornhuskers-football-preview-and-predictions

• Fire 1

As the seconds ticked off the clock in Santa Clara last season, you could almost feel the sense of relief across all of Husker Nation. Defeat would not be stolen from the jaws of victory that evening, and while many would celebrate a job well done, many stopped to ask, "What if..."

What if Nebraska knocks down the ball against BYU?

What if Nebraska doesn’t throw a game-ending interception against Miami?

What if Nebraska runs the ball against Illinois?

What if Nebraska has an offensive gameplan against Wisconsin?

What if Nebraska makes the 2-pt conversion against Northwestern?

What if Nebraska has a competent QB against Purdue?

What if Nebraska doesn’t throw 4 INTs against Iowa?

It’s not realistic to believe that all of these would have changed the outcomes of the games. After all, the 2015 Nebraska Cornhuskers proved they were far from a Conference

Title contending team and I would be remiss to point out that a new coaching staff plus a relatively young team meant a lot of growing pains, but after beating a UCLA team that was considered a decent national profile showed that Nebraska was perhaps a better team than its 6-7 record would reflect.

The problem with that? Who cares about context? It’s time to get to the closing arguments for the Nebraska Cornhuskers in 2016.

http://www.offtackleempire.com/2016/8/16/12494866/2016-nebraska-cornhuskers-football-preview-and-prediction

I'm getting a 404 Not Found.

The "voters" on the article basically have us going 7.5-4.5 with the vast majority having us lose one non-con game (read: Oregon).

Compare that to Vegas giving us 8.5 wins and a 50/50 game with Oregon.

I'll take Vegas.

I am pretty much with yo on this one. They basically have NU losing all of its road games in B1G play, which I don't see happening.

For the record, the INT vs Miami didn't end the game. Miami's FG ended the game

For some reason I went back and rewatched that game. Those first three quarters....woof.

Never look back...

That's why I removed all the mirrors from my car

• Fire 1