How much blame do we deserve?

Redux

How much blame?  

84 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1) I don't care what Texas or their fans think. It's crazy that anyone would.

I find different perspectives fascinating. I'm as Husker biased as the next guy and don't blame us one bit for leaving, but seeing it from another biased standpoint can be interesting...if you're into that sorta thing.

There's "seeing it from a different perspective" and "running with an agenda by asking questions in their voice." This would be the latter.

EDIT - I'm also willing to believe that I'm salty about all things Texas and I may not be reading this with the correct perspective. So there's that.

The fault lies ultimately back with "Dollar Bill Byrne" who helped engineer the Big 12 to begin with. The Big 12 sucks and always has really. It really should have been named 'The new and improved Southwest Conference Starring Texas" as that was what it was intended to be and became. The best decision Nebraska ever made was getting out of that cluster. The departure of Nebraska basically sent the conference into a long slow death spiral. Frankly, in my view, the Big Ten has been reborn with the addition of Nebraska as well. The Big Ten was the weakest of the power conferences before we joined and we are now a rival to the SEC which was easily the 'top' conference. Nebraska football carries enormous political and image weight if you will in collegiate football. If Nebraska were to suddenly withdraw from the Big Ten and join the PAC 12, that conference would rise up and become the new rival with the SEC. It is rather amazing. There seems little argument on this fact as we know the Rutgers and Maryland didn't transform the conference 'power image' from mediocre to championship level.

Ohio State benefited as much as anyone from Nebraska's joinder as it legitmized the entire conference in terms of gravitas and strength.

I find different perspectives fascinating. I'm as Husker biased as the next guy and don't blame us one bit for leaving, but seeing it from another biased standpoint can be interesting...if you're into that sorta thing.
There's "seeing it from a different perspective" and "running with an agenda by asking questions in their voice." This would be the latter.EDIT - I'm also willing to believe that I'm salty about all things Texas and I may not be reading this with the correct perspective. So there's that.

A wise man once told me "If you don't like it, don't read it".

The fault lies ultimately back with "Dollar Bill Byrne" who helped engineer the Big 12 to begin with. The Big 12 sucks and always has really. It really should have been named 'The new and improved Southwest Conference Starring Texas" as that was what it was intended to be and became. The best decision Nebraska ever made was getting out of that cluster. The departure of Nebraska basically sent the conference into a long slow death spiral. Frankly, in my view, the Big Ten has been reborn with the addition of Nebraska as well. The Big Ten was the weakest of the power conferences before we joined and we are now a rival to the SEC which was easily the 'top' conference. Nebraska football carries enormous political and image weight if you will in collegiate football. If Nebraska were to suddenly withdraw from the Big Ten and join the PAC 12, that conference would rise up and become the new rival with the SEC. It is rather amazing. There seems little argument on this fact as we know the Rutgers and Maryland didn't transform the conference 'power image' from mediocre to championship level.

Ohio State benefited as much as anyone from Nebraska's joinder as it legitmized the entire conference in terms of gravitas and strength.

Are you incapable of writing anything other than novels when you post? I would really like to know your opinions but weeding through all of the other stuff to get to your point is tiring.

• Fire 1

Zero. Voted other, but for the following:

Mizzou was vocally looking to get out of the B12, they were ready to bolt as soon as they had an invite...to anywhere.

Colorado is a better fit for the Pac12

I never understood aTm leaving, other than $$ and riding coat tails of $EC, UT and aTm had big time history between the two. There's something deeper there than anything Nebraska could have impacted.

Someone put a bug in HPs ear back in Dec 2009, it was beginning of the height of conference realignment shake up. There was rumor of Texas and ND joining the B1G, but IMO Texas was only going to be used - like Rutgers is - for TVs and not looked at like the hot girl they act like. The growing trend of Nebraska being the conference punching bag was tiring to HP and TO never liked the direction of the conference. When push came to shove, Texas floated the Pac10 option and Beebe placed a hard deadline to remain or disband ...to expose Nebraska's hand, so HP and TO made the move that made the best sense given the climate of the conference. I think Beebe's plan backfired not figuring Nebraska would get the invite from B1G because Delany had been more talk than show about expansion. Delaney wasn't even thrilled of the timing of it all, but understood the predicament. (Also, his quote about we don't have 11-1 votes, eventually the majority emerges and the rest fall in line" is worth noting when conference decisions are made.)

• Fire 1

There's "seeing it from a different perspective" and "running with an agenda by asking questions in their voice." This would be the latter.EDIT - I'm also willing to believe that I'm salty about all things Texas and I may not be reading this with the correct perspective. So there's that.

I heard that guy's not so wise. More of a potzer than anything.

Also, I didn't say I don't like the conversation. I'm just saying how I took it.

Also also, note my edit in that post. I should maybe be ignored on this subject.

I heard that guy's not so wise. More of a potzer than anything.Also, I didn't say I don't like the conversation. I'm just saying how I took it.Also also, note my edit in that post. I should maybe be ignored on this subject.

I think the jury is still out, leaning towards wise. Maybe just a bit stubborn is all.

I never understood aTm leaving, other than $$ and riding coat tails of $EC, UT and aTm had big time history between the two. There's something deeper there than anything Nebraska could have impacted.

A&M's history with Texas is not remembered all that fondly on the A&M side. They are more than glad to be quit of Texas and all the BS politics and backstabbing that goes with being their conference mates.

Go visit TexAgs. They do NOT miss Texas at all.

A&M's history with Texas is not remembered all that fondly on the A&M side. They are more than glad to be quit of Texas and all the BS politics and backstabbing that goes with being their conference mates.

Go visit TexAgs. They do NOT miss Texas at all.

From almost every view point it seems like the blame is on Texas.

Redux, I think you're getting too worked up over a couple of jackwagons over on Shaggy. The utee94 guy was a douche, but a large majority of those individuals agreed with some of the stuff you were saying. Like knapplc said above, don't let words from another fan base get to you - by and large a lot of the UT guys are good guys. They always had respect for Nebraska, even though they seemed to find ways to beat us late in a game leaving a bitter taste in our mouth. From about 2004 on, we'd drive up 35 to attend the Nebraska - UT game and would usually run into several UT fans along the way. Most of the individuals were knowledgeable and loved to talk about the game. Were there some jackasses along the way? Of course there are, but we have our own share of jackasses too.

It's hardly getting to me, I didn't realize it was coming off that way.

I just know where I stand on the situation and where I thought most outsiders stood and assumed where Texas fans stood. It was surprising to me the way some of them felt. So I thought I would reaffirm my own stance in this thread, and like I said it just fascinates me as does the realignment discussion. I hope nobody thinks I'm buying burnt orange shirts or anything lol.

It's hardly getting to me, I didn't realize it was coming off that way.

I just know where I stand on the situation and where I thought most outsiders stood and assumed where Texas fans stood. It was surprising to me the way some of them felt. So I thought I would reaffirm my own stance in this thread, and like I said it just fascinates me as does the realignment discussion.

Yup! Completely understand. Got to remember some of the more outspoken ones on that board probably don't have much else going on, so they use it as a medium to try and puff out their chest and seem like everything is peachy-keen on 40 acres. I guarantee that a majority of the fans would still like to have the ole BIG XII and are frustrated where their program is right now... therefore, they are going to try and deflect blame on others that got out when the getting was good. Personally, I think we're much better off in our position especially when looking at the TV rights we're receiving. If our scheduling was more favorable, with tougher home games, and we had more recent success, I'd feel even better.

f#*k texas, and their crybaby revisionist bullsh#t and backdoor shenanigans.

Colorado wanted in the pac10 for a long time, even during the big8 years. Their regents even voted on it, but it was voted down. I forget the year. TheY were going to try again in the early 90s, but with the pending big12 formation, they decided to hold off for a while.

In the late 2000s, Mizery was openly and shamelessly prostituting themselves to the big 10. That is what really started the kerfuffle. Texas was probably pandering to the pac10 behind the scenes at this time as well. So then somebody put a bug in Harvey's ear that Nebraska may get left out in the cold, so he put feelers out as well.

Big 10 showed interest, so we had an out. And as someone already pointed out, he gave texas one last chance and called their bluff, they wouldn't budge, so we moved.

We beat texas at their own game, so of course they are pissed. f#*k them.

It's unfortunate that it also hurt our big8 bretheren, but we can't save everyone. We weren't the 800lb gorilla we once were. We had to look out for our best interests, and I'm talking about everything other than football. There is more to the university than just football. Shocking, I know.

f#*k texas, and their crybaby revisionist bullsh#t and backdoor shenanigans.

Colorado wanted in the pac10 for a long time, even during the big8 years.

Yep. Yep.

aTm wanted SEC in the early 90's but UTerus blocked 'em.

Nobody with opportunity and a brain wants to be under UTerus influence (control). I hope UTerus stays in their own lesser conference forever.

(If they come to the B1G, it'll be fine their bs attitude and behavior will get them nowhere.)