Hillary Clinton lies...

http://www.cnn.com/2016/09/07/politics/hillary-clinton-colin-powell-emails/index.html

Article on Colin Powell's e-mail(s) to Clinton.

One issue I have is that things had changed a lot in the years since Powell had been SOS, even though it hadn't been that long before she started. There was hacking of course but I imagine hackers were much better at getting into phones by Clinton's time as SOS. I'm not even sure how possible it was before smartphones. She needed to be more up to date on this. Also, she was checking with another person in her generation who might not know a lot about technology. (I probably sound like an ageist now).

• Fire 1

Wait. You're telling me a Republican hero did the same exact thing as Hillary Clinton?

This information doesn't fit my conservative worldview so I'm going to ignore its existence. I BID YOU GOOD DAY!

Gotta love the "deflect at all costs" posts. Who said anything about Powell being a republican hero, or even a standard to hold ones self?

Powell seems like the type of people Republicans respect. He was chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff and the SOS for crying out loud. One of the more popular remnants of the Bush administration, along with Condi, IMO.

That story hurts Powell's side of the "they're trying to pin this on me" narrative a bit, IMO. Seems to me he gave her tips explicitly encouraging skirting the system if it was more convenient or useful.

Clinton still should know better, given the rules in place, but this doesn't look great for Powell, either. One thing that's positive now is she knows she'll be on thin ice with this type of thing in the future... I'd imagine she'd go by the book moving forward to try to not give detractors anything else to howl about. I'd use the entire imbroglio to have a national discussion on why our gov't cybersecurity and encryption protocols seem so outdated, but that's just me...

Quit ripping on old people, Moiraine. :lol:

Powell seems like the type of people Republicans respect. He was chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff and the SOS for crying out loud. One of the more popular remnants of the Bush administration, along with Condi, IMO.

That story hurts Powell's side of the "they're trying to pin this on me" narrative a bit, IMO. Seems to me he gave her tips explicitly encouraging skirting the system if it was more convenient or useful.

Clinton still should know better, given the rules in place, but this doesn't look great for Powell, either. One thing that's positive now is she knows she'll be on thin ice with this type of thing in the future... I'd imagine she'd go by the book moving forward to try to not give detractors anything else to howl about. I'd use the entire imbroglio to have a national discussion on why our gov't cybersecurity and encryption protocols seem so outdated, but that's just me...

Quit ripping on old people, Moiraine. :lol:

Respected is totally different than what was said.. and just because he held those positions doesn't mean he was any ones hero, respected? ok.

No, because you implied that he also wasn't a standard to hold one's self to.

We/I don't know enough about him to hold him as any standard! Do you think what you see on TV is exactly who a person is? No! Do you know enough about him to call him someone you can look up to? Well, some might, but I need to know more.

I don't just pick someone in the government, or in the public eye, and just assume what I see is exactly who that person is. Like Hillary Clinton for example!