Barfknecht: History says Huskers must get tough at the top

It was a typical hit job that he waited until game week to put out to cause some controversy. I'm still not sure why he also took a shot at the AD. It was just announced that NU has the highest GPA ever and he is giving all the coaches every tool needed to succeed. He is full of crap on his toughness issue. He sites verbal acknowledgement from players of Michigan and Ohio St. I don't think he asked any Nebraska players what they thought. (side note, Michigan has not won sh#t yet with Harbaugh at the helm either)

Harbaugh inherited a 5-7 team and went 10-3 losing less games than Nebraska in any year since Solich was fired. MR took a 9-4 team ad went 6-7. I don't know if toughness had anything to do with it, but if had my choice I prefer Harbaugh.

• Fire 3

It was a typical hit job that he waited until game week to put out to cause some controversy. I'm still not sure why he also took a shot at the AD. It was just announced that NU has the highest GPA ever and he is giving all the coaches every tool needed to succeed. He is full of crap on his toughness issue. He sites verbal acknowledgement from players of Michigan and Ohio St. I don't think he asked any Nebraska players what they thought. (side note, Michigan has not won sh#t yet with Harbaugh at the helm either)

The AD deserves a shot for not demanding greatness. Osborne deserves some criticism for his time as AD, as well.

Also, if you ask Nebraska fans, what season would they have rather have last year, I think most would say they would have rather had Michigan's.

When has Eichorst or anyone else with any knowledge, say that he does not demand greatness. (example- he did not extend Miles contract. Its deliver or else) and last years season is not the measuring stick that Barfy is using. Your logic is flawed more than you know.

I've been watching Green and White Days on the Big Ten Network where the cameras are basically there filming fall camp. When you listen to what their coaches preach it reminds me a lot of what our coaches sounded like back when we were winning championships. There's fun involved for sure but the level of excellence expected during practice and in games is definitely an ongoing theme with their coaches every single day. I don't think it's all about toughness. I think for the great teams it's also about what they ask/expect of their players. There is a goal in mind.

Harbaugh inherited a 5-7 team and went 10-3 losing less games than Nebraska in any year since Solich was fired. MR took a 9-4 team ad went 6-7. I don't know if toughness had anything to do with it, but if had my choice I prefer Harbaugh.

Harbaugh did not follow BO and last season is not the measuring stick Barfy is using. Harbaugh did not win a championship except for running his mouth. Has never even played for one.

Harbaugh did not follow BO and last season is not the measuring stick Barfy is using. Harbaugh did not win a championship except for running his mouth. Has never even played for one.

Harbaugh changed the culture at Michigan and the players bought in from day 1. It was obvious when I saw them play a very good Utah team in game 1 last year. Yes, Michigan lost that game, only because their QB was a crappy guy who lost the job at Iowa. I'm not a huge Harbaugh fan, but I would take him at NU for a few years over Riley.

Barfy is just being himself, except to a greater degree. I think NU showed some toughness as the year went on, the definitely looked tough against MSU and UCLA. BP later teams were never metally tough which is where you really want to be tough. Mentally tough is what I want to see out of these teams. I want to see a team that is always fighting and not giving up.

For some reason Lee is always enamored with some other team. Even when NU had their great run in the 90's he liked another team better. Now he is looking to NU of the past for his favorite team.

Harbaugh was the returning Prodigal Son of Michigan football. He's a Michigan Man. There was a strong feeling in the locker room that Hoke was not the right man for the job. They were ready for a change.

Mike Riley was complete unknown to our locker room and an outsider to the Nebraska Football family. A lot of our guys liked Bo and disagreed strongly with his firing. At least one of the former coaches was communicating with the players after he was fired. Not surprisingly, there's been a mass exodus from that position group one year after the coaching change.

So maybe let's not compare the situations with Harbaugh and Riley. They couldn't have been more different.

• Fire 6

I've been watching Green and White Days on the Big Ten Network where the cameras are basically there filming fall camp. When you listen to what their coaches preach it reminds me a lot of what our coaches sounded like back when we were winning championships. There's fun involved for sure but the level of excellence expected during practice and in games is definitely an ongoing theme with their coaches every single day. I don't think it's all about toughness. I think for the great teams it's also about what they ask/expect of their players. There is a goal in mind.

That is not really fair. We have no idea what is going on at NU's practice. You can't just say that MSU is doing it right and NU is not based on a one sided view of somthing.

That is not really fair. We have no idea what is going on at NU's practice. You can't just say that MSU is doing it right and NU is not based on a one sided view of somthing.

It's not fair in saying that it's not just toughness that defines great teams?