*** 2016 Game 1 "Expert" Picks: Fresno State at Nebraska***

Saunders

But Fresno is the easiest game on our schedule besides maybe Purdue, so to predict we'll win by 3 points is basically saying we're going to go 2-10 this year.

We lost to Purdue last year...

Yeah..last year. I was under the impression we were discussing this year. I could be wrong.

• Fire 2

I think they (like many, frankly) are done with Nebraska until they prove something on the field. It's like that "Larry Culpepper" Playoff team "prediction." Nebraska was in there as a joke because it was assumed that most people's response would be ROTFLMAO at the choice. Nebraska as the butt of the joke. Nebraska has been mediocre and no one is going to buy in to a Nebraska surge until they see tangible evidence and who can blame them.

• Fire 1

Seriously what is the deal with the BTN crew? I get it, last year was rough. But what the hell did they see during their half a day at a Husker practice to suggest we struggle worse than 2015?

I'm glad they're not high on Nebraska this year. They've been high on Nebraska every other year and we haven't been great. I don't think they're lazy or intentionally trying to stoke the flames -- I just think they're bad analysts.

If we're not going to get solid realistic football analysis from the BTN, what's the point of shows like theirs?

For us to talk about it and get them ad revenue. You know better than that.

I don't watch bad TV shows, even shows that talk about my team.

But you're more than aware that the cable industry and these shows aren't designed to profit off of people like you. There aren't nearly as many of you as there are of people that do watch.

Shows go off the air if they have poor quality content. Don't make this about me. Make it about accuracy. You're thinking about it all wrong.

The viewers determine the quality of content. Apparently, the viewers think it's quality content.

Alternatively: it's the only content.

I think they (like many, frankly) are done with Nebraska until they prove something on the field. It's like that "Larry Culpepper" Playoff team "prediction." Nebraska was in there as a joke because it was assumed that most people's response would be ROTFLMAO at the choice. Nebraska as the butt of the joke. Nebraska has been mediocre and no one is going to buy in to a Nebraska surge until they see tangible evidence and who can blame them.

Uh no. Nebraska wasn't added as a "joke." Nebraska was his pick because the Larry Culpepper character is played by an actor named James Connor whom is from Omaha and is a Husker Homer.

• Fire 1

Uh no. Nebraska wasn't added as a "joke." Nebraska was his pick because the Larry Culpepper character is played by an actor named James Connor whom is from Omaha and is a Husker Homer.
well someone needs to tell all the other people on the show, for it not being a joke there was a lot of laughing

well someone needs to tell all the other people on the show, for it not being a joke there was a lot of laughing

I would characterize it as more condescending looks than laughing. Your point still stands, though. I think it was both a joke and possibly suggested by him because of fandom.

BTW, cool fact about that actor being from Omaha! Probably will be incorporated into a Dr P commercial when we stomp the B1G this year and make the playoffs ;)

Yes, his name is James M. Conner and he is from Omaha, originally. He is an actor, who is the centerpiece of a marketing campaign. He delivers lines. He delivers lines approved by the Dr. Pepper Snapple Group. The character portrayed claims to have invented the college football playoff because he drew a four team bracket on a napkin. Last year, there was a bit about letting him present the trophy and because the Dr. Pepper Snapple Group paid a lot of money to have TV people say, "The National Championship Trophy, presented by Dr. Pepper," ad nauseam. It ended with him passing out before presenting the trophy. All of this is Dr. Pepper marketing. Nebraska is on that list because it fits the somewhat buffoonish nature of the Larry Culpepper character and it doesn't belong on that list and everybody knows it doesn't belong on that list, which is why Nebraska is not in the top 25 and is not picked to win the division and is picked no higher than 4th by the BTN pundits. Dinardo is not convinced that Nebraska's defense will be significantly better and he doesn't believe it has an offensive identity, but I think Howard Griffith's reasoning is the predominant one. "I've picked them before and every time they kick me in the head."

Nebraska will get respect again when they earn it on the field and not before. Right now Nebraska's mention as a playoff team is a joke and everyone without scarlet and cream glasses on knows it.