***Official Fresno State Game Discussion Thread***

Mavric

Nowadays, you can either fork over the cash for a top-notch big name coach, or you can take the cheap route and wallow in mediocrity.

This is pathetic.

And the cost end up the same as we buy out contracts for fired coaching staffs

True, but sometimes you gotta bite the bullet and pay up if you want to achieve elite status. I guarantee that if LSU lets Miles go, they'll pay whatever it takes to buy him out without hesitation, and will bring in Tom Herman or another top-tier coach for top dollar. That's the name of the game these days if you want to compete for championships.

lol name of the game huh... Look at how much strong at texas is making, he is not really lighting up the world.

A: Fresno is way better than people think...Cali speed is for real

B: this Husker defense is getting after it

Definitely not A. I've been hearing that same crap for years. "Wyoming is for real" "McNeese State is for real"

Then they finish their seasons 5-7

We're just not very good. All of these other programs seem to be on the up-and-up, except for us.

• Fire 1

Let's just keep our heads on straight and not panic....yet. It's 2 quarters of football. That's it. Let's not go calling for staff changes already. I'm not defending anyone or anything, just saying. I'm going to go meditate during halftime, become one with the universe and hope the second half is way better.

Isn't that what we have been doin for years! gets kinda old

I'm not asking you to continue doing it for years, just one game. If we lose, the board can go into nuclear meltdown status and I would understand. I'm just saying let's not do this already.

Trouble is every year it is kinda the same song,different verse. Yr.after yr. after................

• Fire 1

Nowadays, you can either fork over the cash for a top-notch big name coach, or you can take the cheap route and wallow in mediocrity.

This is pathetic.

And the cost end up the same as we buy out contracts for fired coaching staffs

True, but sometimes you gotta bite the bullet and pay up if you want to achieve elite status. I guarantee that if LSU lets Miles go, they'll pay whatever it takes to buy him out without hesitation, and will bring in Tom Herman or another top-tier coach for top dollar. That's the name of the game these days if you want to compete for championships.

lol name of the game huh... Look at how much strong at texas is making, he is not really lighting up the world.

Watch Texas beat ND

Loving the fact that Riles learned he needed to pound the rock. That will pay dividends down the road.

Love Ozigbo to have a big game, he's not disappointing. He and Newby will give us a good dose of thunder and lightning this year.

Defense looks pretty great so far. They've got some athletic QBs. Good for them to face a quick one early on, rather than waiting.

Gifford got hosed. i saw hands to pads, head to pads, helmet to helmet LAST. Targeting rule was made with good intentions, but there's too much room for error there, and it's way too game altering to kick a player out.

Crap special teams so far resulted in their only TD. I'm pretty happy so far.