Wyoming safety Andrew Wingard has Nebraska ties

dutchgunz

Story on Wyoming sophomore safety who was a Freshman All-American last year and his ties to Nebraska: Click This

2015-09-26-Wingard-Andrew-New-Mexico-Wyo

Roster Bio: http://www.gowyo.com/sport/m-footbl/2016/roster/5773f118e4b0bdd131ac0056

Welcome back, Virginian. Great article about Andrew Wingard. Says his dad Dan Wingard was a punter for the Huskers from 83-85. LINK He was 2nd team All-Big-8 punter in 1985. Nice. :thumbs

That's not how I remember it but you could see for yourself, Count.

The Virginian's posts

Yep. So. Not him. All those were in regards to the 2011 matchup. This was 2013. There was someone I recall. I think it was just freindly banter, but I recall us pretty much being pretty overconfident in Martinez going for 300/150 and 4 TD's every week..........

I definitely remember that, too. I may have even been one of the overconfident ones. There were comments like dvdcrr's "mop the floor with your @$$" comment in this very thread. I believe the general feeling was that we were going to beat Wyoming pretty solidly in 2013.

Too bad Brett Smith & Co. didn't get that memo.

FIFY

That's not how I remember it but you could see for yourself, Count.

The Virginian's posts

Yep. So. Not him. All those were in regards to the 2011 matchup. This was 2013. There was someone I recall. I think it was just freindly banter, but I recall us pretty much being pretty overconfident in Martinez going for 300/150 and 4 TD's every week..........

I definitely remember that, too. I may have even been one of the overconfident ones. There were comments like dvdcrr's "mop the floor with your @$$" comment in this very thread. I believe the general feeling was that we were going to beat Wyoming pretty solidly in 2013.

Too bad Brett Smith & Co. didn't get that memo.

FIFY

Sorry. I've tried to block that game from memory. :D

Wyoming is a beautiful state. Mountains, awesome rodeo's, skiing, hunting. Wyoming is not for football, theres just too much other awesome stuff to do. Football is for states like Nebraska, Oklahoma, Illinois. Same goes for Colorado. Colorado is for friends around campfires, listening to John Denver. Just realize that. I walked through a lot of those mountains, as an FFT1. I'll never forget

...major college football that is

Wyoming is a beautiful state. Mountains, awesome rodeo's, skiing, hunting. Wyoming is not for football, theres just too much other awesome stuff to do. Football is for states like Nebraska, Oklahoma, Illinois. Same goes for Colorado. Colorado is for friends around campfires, listening to John Denver. Just realize that. I walked through a lot of those mountains, as an FFT1. I'll never forget

Wyoming is also the place that Devaney boarded the train to come to Nebraska.

Wyoming is also the place that Devaney boarded the train to come to Nebraska.

Yeah we still need to get revenge for that. He still holds the highest winning percentage all time of all Wyoming coaches.

Story on Wyoming sophomore safety who was a Freshman All-American last year and his ties to Nebraska: Click This

2015-09-26-Wingard-Andrew-New-Mexico-Wyo

Roster Bio: http://www.gowyo.com/sport/m-footbl/2016/roster/5773f118e4b0bdd131ac0056

Welcome back, Virginian. Great article about Andrew Wingard. Says his dad Dan Wingard was a punter for the Huskers from 83-85. LINK He was 2nd team All-Big-8 punter in 1985. Nice. :thumbs

Wow. Dan Wingard. Now that is a blast from the past. Cool!

Virginian! Hey, stranger! Welcome back. How's things in Cowboy Country?

Well, I suppose. I live in Virginia and won't get out to God's Country until Homecoming for the Air Force game on Oct. 8th.

I thought you were from out there in Medicine Bow

Raised in Wyoming. Graduate of UW. Now living in Northern Virginia after career in Army and FEMA. Living the retired life now.