Maize and Blue still bitter about '97...

Redux

LOL. What a freaking cry baby. CU was ranked 8th when Michigan played them and was unranked by the time we played them. Both teams also played Baylor, just an FYI.

If he wants to get into a pissing contest, pretty sure we played the number 2 team at the time and beat Washington by 13. The BIG XII was weak? Hold on 5 teams in the BIG XII finished in the top 25 (one of which we didn't play - Oklahoma State). The BIG TEN had 4 teams ranked in the final top 25 (one of which Michigan didn't play - Purdue). Conferences seem pretty comparable to me, but what do I know.

Let's look at where those ranked teams he touts finished in the final rankings.

Nebraska opponents (final rankings)

Washington (18)

Kansas State (7/8)

Missouri (23)

Texas A&M (20)

Tennessee (8/7)

Michigan Opponents (final rankings)

Penn State (17/16)

Ohio State (12)

Washington State (9)

hmmm.... 5 teams in the final top 25 versus 3 teams, yeah completely easy schedule.

Finally, pot meet kettle on the flea kicker call, especially when Leaf spiked the ball with 2 seconds left. Doesn't matter, we still have the crystal ball.

• Fire 1

I think some of the votes Nebraska received were from southern coaches miffed that Charles Woodson "stole" the Heisman from Peyton Manning on what they thought was showmanship over substance. That being said, how does anyone give the championship to a 12-0 team that did not have a convincing bowl win instead of a 13-0 team that trounced their bowl opponent...which featured the above mentioned Manning.

I would have welcomed a chance to bet on Nebraska in this mythical matchup between these two national champs.

• Fire 1

I think there's this false perception of UCF because they went winless last year. But they went 9-4 the year before and in 2013 beat Baylor in the Fiesta Bowl and had a fabulous year. This is not a program void of winning culture and talent. Last year was flukish for whatever reason. And a New young and extremely determined and motivated coach maybe all the jump start UCF needed. Michigan better watch their ass. it's a perfect trap game after last weeks 63-3 drubbing. All this revenge on Frost nonsense and the like. Perfect trap game.

This part just cracks me up.

You wanted Michigan, Scotty. You got em, now.

I hope Frost wins and makes this guy cry real tears. It probably won't happen but that won't stop me from hoping it does. biggrin1.gif

he is old enough now that it might be a heart attack rather than tears if meat chicken loses this game.

It sounds like both side are a little bit bitter about it. :P

I'm not bitter at all. With a poll system, I don't see anything more fair than a shared MNC when two teams from Power conferences are undefeated. But I do wish Nebraska had played Michigan in 1997. Deep in their harts, I don't think Michigan fans wish they had played Nebraska. Just like 1984 - kick the extra point for a MNC - no way - we want to win it on the field!

It sounds like both side are a little bit bitter about it. :P

I wouldn't say that. One team wanted to play it out on the field and settle it outright. The other team decided to play in the Rose Bowl instead. Besides...

Where is their trophy? Is it in here?

6193627664_fff3bbbd00_b.jpg

But I thought the trophy was crystal and football shaped and........

Oh yeah!

htgdzGn.jpg

There it is! Right there in Lincoln where I always remembered it being.

• Fire 3