What did we learn-Oregon edition

That it feels good when a game like this goes your way

Memorial Stadium can be LOUD.

My ears were ringing while I was yelling that last drive.

Brock was mentioning on the broadcast that this was the loudest he had heard Memorial Stadium since he played there.

Which is awesome, I was re-watching the game and it sounded like it.

But which is also weird, because he called the 2014 Miami game.

Brock was mentioning on the broadcast that this was the loudest he had heard Memorial Stadium since he played there.

My experience with all 3 games was that it was this game had the highest peak, msu longest postgame noise and 2nd loudest and Miami 3rd.

One big thing I have not see mentioned but believe played a big part of our Huskers win. Kudos to Coach Riley and staff for keeping our kids calm and focused throughout!

This is not to bash on Bo, as he is of no more concern to us but, If Bo was still here IMO, this would have been one of those Bo sideline blow ups where his demeanor pushed our kids over the edge, panic, forcing and ultimately a loss.

I've seen this sentiment mentioned several times. But, Bo had countless comeback wins. Was it 2012 where we had like 5 straight comeback wins to win the division?

I'm not saying he would or wouldn't have won this game, but I just don't agree that his sideline demeanor caused our team to panic late in games.

2012 was kind of the exception during his tenure though. We were the comback kings that year and still managed to let thr B1G Title Game get out of hand.

I'm pretty sure we could count Bo's comeback wins just as easily as we can count the time he melted down on the sideline and the team's performance went downhill.

This is true.

But we've been coming back and winning against top ten Mich St. Ranked UCLA. And ranked Oregon. Bo was coming back to beat Northwestern. Fickle Ohio St. Hoke's Michigan. And NCAA'd Penn St.

Nebraska is 6-1 in their last 7. only loss to a top 5 team, which we did not play well on offense. 3 wins against a top ten, and 2 ranked teams. This is trending.

- HUGE props to Langsdorf on the game plan. We passed more in the first half but almost every pass was designed to get TA a VERY easy throw - to a stationary or slow-moving target. I was actually surprised that we still only completed 50% for the game. And we kept pounding the running game (for the most part).

- Seemed like MRI's best game as a Husker. I would have guessed he was in on more plays than the 6 tackles he got credit for.

- Great game for Lightbourn to have a great game.

- Was a lot of fun to be on the good side of a lot of breaks for once.

- Oregon without Freeman is an 8-4 team at best this year. Might still be that with him.

- Oregon is bad at math

Honestly I was more scared of that speedster that got that first td and 2 more than Freeman. He looked a lot like Ozigbo to me where he wouldn't go down at first contact and great vision but he wasn't a burner by any means.

Me too. Those backups were speed demons. I think their offense runs better when they have those burners out there like they used to. Freeman is a better pro prospect than those guys but in that offense, that speed really makes it go.

Losing Freeman had a big impact in the game. While the backups were speed demons and made big runs, Freeman would have been used as Prukop's security blanket and probably would have ground out more first downs throughout the game. That could have changed the dynamic of the ebb and flow of the game.

Yup, Freeman being in there would have led to more inside zone plays. Losing him probably caused brought more outside zone plays, which is where their big runs came off of iirc.

But injuries cut both ways and are a part of football. We were without Reilly (our biggest downfield threat IMO).

My experience with all 3 games was that it was this game had the highest peak, msu longest postgame noise and 2nd loudest and Miami 3rd.

I thought it was much louder than the Miami game. I thought it was similar to OU in 2009 where our D was a boss.

I wasn't at MSU last year for comparison. But it was much louder than the OSU '11 and Wisky '12 games.

I learned Tommy can throw the ball in exactly the right spot, which I haven't always felt was the case.

I learned that Tommy has every intangible I want in my QB, and some of the tangible ones too.

I learned that I still believe we are susceptible to outside speed, and that our back 4, while improved, may still be a spot that bites us down the road.

I learned that Mike Riley can actually beat Oregon. While I still don't love him, nor the hire, you have to give him credit for staying the course in that game, playing aggressively when it was warranted, and getting a very big home win over a good (not great) Oregon team. The more I heard Howard and Herbie slurp on the Ducks on Gameday, the more I liked our chances.

I learned that a TD just before the half can potentially change a season. I think that TD (and the punt return that set it up) may very well have changed the 2016 Huskers' Season.

I learned that scoring a TD to open the 2nd half can put a HUGE shot in the arm into a football team, and a football stadium. Memorial sounded CRAZY LOUD when they capped off that opening 2nd half series with a TD to take the lead. Loved it.

I learned that Oregon, regardless of the coach, continues to be too cute and continues to out-smart themselves.

I learned that the Blackshirts are back!

Let's beat the tar out of Northwestern this week and keep it rolling!!

• Fire 1