What did we learn-Oregon edition

Tommy had big gonads

These coaches can learn

This team can bend but doesn't break

Utter seems like he has improved- Tommy doesn't appear to deal with many bad snaps

We can play disciplined

Westercamp has the best hands ever. He will likely get a shot in the NFL.

Tre Bryant's a freshman

The crowd can stand longer then they think

Sometimes nice guys do win

I'm not sure most of you learned much today, since everybody in the game thread seemed to be yelling for Langsdorf to use Ozigbo to pound Oregon...and that was spot on. Maybe Newby could have done the same.

An overwhelming majority of people on this forum hate a 3 man rush on 3rd and long, because the 3 man rush has only paid off three times out of 19,473,872 times it has been tried in the history of football. So that was already common knowledge on this forum, nothing learned there today.

Nobody learned anything about Westerkamp today that they didn't already know.

Did anybody just now realize today that Armstrong can put a dagger into a defense's heart with his running?...Thought not...

Okay, here is one thing that I learned:

That Reimser kid is a ham actor. Give him a bit part for one play in front of a big crowd and he makes it all about himself, stealing the spotlight with an over the top TD and a dramatic stretch for the goal line. He still gets an Oscar from me, though. I like theatrics.

My one and only b!tch:

No way Nebraska should have had enough Gatorade left at the end of the game to dump on Riley if Armstrong had cramps. Every drop should have been put down Tommie's throat with a funnel...then we steal Oregon's Gatorade to baptize Riley.

• Fire 1

It's hard to hate the visiting team/coach when they pay tribute to Foltz. Couldn't be more impressed.

As bad as Tommy can play, dude has heart beyond compare. Respect.

We are really, really close on Offense & Defense to having a very good team. Special teams kills us and we are still our own worst enemy...

I'll take the win...

I learned that some people are impossible to please. Punting was substantially better. Punt return bought us a chance for TD. No long returns by their dynamite return guy and most stopped the double extrapoints. If the Huskers didn't win the kicking game, the certainly did not lose it either.

• Fire 1

I learned, or maybe reaffirmed, what a huge advantage our home crowd can be. I've heard the home field is like a 3 point advantage. I'd say it's at least a touchdown for us. Maybe more in big games. That place was LOUD!! GBR! :thumbs:

• Fire 1

It's hard to hate the visiting team/coach when they pay tribute to Foltz. Couldn't be more impressed.

We are really, really close on Offense & Defense to having a very good team. Special teams kills us and we are still our own worst enemy...

I'll take the win...

Except for the fact the only bad play by the special teams was the punt that Demornay dropped (and even that didn't hurt us). Lightbourn played the best game of his short career, Demornay had the long punt return that got us back in the game after a lull, Brown went 5 for 5 on XPs and pretty sure all of the Oregon Kickoff returns didn't make it past the 25 (maybe one or two, but they didn't make it very far past). Four Fiddy earned his paycheck today.

I'll take the win...

Except for the fact the only bad play by the special teams was the punt that Demornay dropped (and even that didn't hurt us). Lightbourn played the best game of his short career, Demornay had the long punt return that got us back in the game after a lull, Brown went 5 for 5 on XPs and pretty sure all of the Oregon Kickoff returns didn't make it past the 25 (maybe one or two, but they didn't make it very far past). Four Fiddy earned his paycheck today.

And Oregon went 1 of 5 on 2-pt conversions, which ended up being a pretty big deal.

DPE finally exorcised some personal demons, oddly on the one punt he probably should have fair caught.

Maybe but you don't change field position and score many points with fair catches. You have to take a little risk in order to get the big plays out of the special teams. Punt returns can change games just as a fumbled or muffed punt can as well. But, you put your 'best hands' guys back there IF they can really run and make people miss. Your punt returner has to be able to dance a little sidestep to make the first 3 defenders miss. Once he gets by them, then he needs to head up field in overdrive but using and setting up a couple blocks along the way. Unlike a kick off returner who ,must 'crash the gate' to break through the on coming wall of tacklers. You need to be a ';slasher' not a dancer in kick offs. We are making progress finally. There are signs.