What did we learn-Oregon edition

When the game is on the line, get the ball in Westerkamp's hands.

Tommy is an absolute gamer. Honestly I think this was his best game of his career when you consider how big this game was. 0 interceptions was huge.

Ozigbo needs to carry the ball 25+ times every game. Dude just falls forward every time, and was huge during that final scoring drive and to start the 2nd half.

Prevent defense still doesn't work. That 3rd and 26 we only sent 3 guys and it bit us in the butt. End of the game we bring pressure and it works...wouldn't ya know!?

Finally I'll end with this, good things can happen for us! After the torture that was last season, this win felt so good. That was just an exciting game from start to finish, and I'm glad we came out on top. Yes, Oregon had a lot of penalties, yes Oregon went for 2 way too many times. But at the end of the day we beat them, and when you consider Iowa lost to North Dakota St and the way Florida St. lost today there's no sense in complaining how you won the game, just be happy that we ended up on the right side of the scoreboard. Go Big Red!

Either a guy has that or doesn't. Roy, Rex and AA all had that. It makes a loss turn into 1-2 yrd gain.

Learned that it is hard for some fans to see the good in a game. With the exception of a backwards pass being called by the offense and a prevent d on 3rd and 26. They guys called and played a really good game. Both bad calls would have been forgotten if the plays would have turned differently, however still questionable calls.

I feel like the staff did a great job with the run calls. After we had long drives of solid running Oregon sold out to stop the run and we did the right thing to go away from it for a bit - only to return again after we showed a few passes.

Love the fact that we didn't chase the 2-point conversion.

• Fire 5

Tommy is an absolute gamer. Honestly I think this was his best game of his career when you consider how big this game was. 0 interceptions was huge.

Ozigbo needs to carry the ball 25+ times every game. Dude just falls forward every time, and was huge during that final scoring drive and to start the 2nd half.

Prevent defense still doesn't work. That 3rd and 26 we only sent 3 guys and it bit us in the butt. End of the game we bring pressure and it works...wouldn't ya know!?

Finally I'll end with this, good things can happen for us! After the torture that was last season, this win felt so good. That was just an exciting game from start to finish, and I'm glad we came out on top. Yes, Oregon had a lot of penalties, yes Oregon went for 2 way too many times. But at the end of the day we beat them, and when you consider Iowa lost to North Dakota St and the way Florida St. lost today there's no sense in complaining how you won the game, just be happy that we ended up on the right side of the scoreboard. Go Big Red!

Either a guy has that or doesn't. Roy, Rex and AA all had that. It makes a loss turn into 1-2 yrd gain.

Yep, Newby is really good when the o-line opens up big holes because he has a bit more speed, but Ozigbo does a great job creating yards that don't seem to exist.

This team should be undefeated going into Wisconsin week, and after today seeing Wisky's game the Badgers are beatable. Meaning Nebraska could be setting up for huge implications vs Ohio State.

I would love to see that game if both were undefeated. Even if we were to lose that game, in that scenario with a head to head win over Wisky, we would likely get another shot at them in Indy.

Yep, Newby is really good when the o-line opens up big holes because he has a bit more speed, but Ozigbo does a great job creating yards that don't seem to exist.

What running back isn't really good when the o-line opens up big holes?

A good example of this is Alabama RB's. They are great in college and with the exception of Alexander, they all suck in the NFL. If you are a NFL GM, the two positions from the two schools that you don't draft if you want to keep your job are Alabama RB's, and USC QB's.