Coach Power'T's experience and thoughts as an outsider at Memorial.

Scratchtown

I guess that Mariotta really messed with their expectations. No judgment there...we know a thing or two about doing that irrationally also.

But with a slightly better defense, they've got a great team.

Oregon is still plenty good, but Mariota was able to keep the engine running after Chip left. It will be interesting to see if Helfrich can bring in a QB that can bring in QB's that were as good as they were under Kelly (they had some good ones before Mariota). It's crazy to me that Oregon has had to go to 2 FCS transfers the past 2 years. I think Prukop is good, but they have no QB depth/experience behind him.

At the KC airport, I overhead a Duck fan talking to some Georgia fans about the game. After talking about how loud it was, he dropped the "but that's all they have there" line, and subsequently told the UGA guys that the "biased Big Ten refs really hosed the Ducks." I literally laughed out loud and said, "hey dude, thanks for coming, but those were Pac 12 refs from YOUR conference."

He stopped talking.

• Fire 7

At any rate, good game to you. Although, it's still confusing to me why you're an Oregon fan. But, good game.

This is as good a place as any for this - Yesterday I cruised one of Oregon's forums on 247sports. I know that we all know this, but it still blew my mind: Their entire program and fans really consider their team to be 90% offense.

Hardly any of their fans had issues with the fact that their defense couldn't get a stop to seal the game. I get it, it's Oregon's MO to score 55 per game...but it's still just so bizarre to me. I honestly do think that Hoke is probably a good thing for them. Just think what even this year's team would be like for them with a good defense?

There was talk of Prukop not being cut from the right cloth to be an Oregon quarterback. LOL, he was one of the hottest transfers last year, wasn't he? Could be wrong about that. But he's an excellent QB.

I predict that Oregon will beat Washington. I highly doubt they'll lose more than three this year.

If you listened to the post game locker room show on AM 590 the players really talked up Prukop. The guy ran really tough and played a good game.

I've come to the conclusion that Coach is no different than Cy the Cyclone or Killer Cacti. Good dude, but not a fan of this team. It makes more sense to treat him as a visiting fan.

So, would you say this was a pretty good assessment now? More of a visiting fan than a Husker fan?

I think coach came out and said he was an Oregon fan and only a minor Husker supporter a while back.

I've come to the conclusion that Coach is no different than Cy the Cyclone or Killer Cacti. Good dude, but not a fan of this team. It makes more sense to treat him as a visiting fan.

So, would you say this was a pretty good assessment now? More of a visiting fan than a Husker fan?

I miss Cy. And Tuff Tiger. Miss that dude immensely. "Tuff as rain!"

I came away very impressed with Prukop.

Definitely will not be sorry he won't be there next year.

He didn't blow me away throwing the ball, but he had a knack for escaping from sacks. I rewatched the game last night via the BTN 1 hr cut, and he dodged at least 3 sacks and got big pickups on the ground or via the air.

I came away very impressed with Prukop.

Definitely will not be sorry he won't be there next year.

He didn't blow me away throwing the ball, but he had a knack for escaping from sacks. I rewatched the game last night via the BTN 1 hr cut, and he dodged at least 3 sacks and got big pickups on the ground or via the air.

Prukop had an uneven game. There were plays where he looked totally flustered by the pressure that was being put on him, and there were plays where he dodged the pressure and made nice plays.

Oregon didn't have many big gains in the passing game, although they did have big gains in the running game.

"I was about to leave the game when the score got to 28-20, but decided to stay to see what Oregon did on offense. I didn't expect Langs to quit running the football. But then again, I swear that guy snaps himself with a rubber band every time he calls a run play. NU could have scored on every possession in the second half if Langs doesn't try to get cute. At some point I worry that will cost his team."

You understand Langs very well.