How Fast is Armstrong in the 40?

Bowfin

He did look slower at times in the open on Saturday, but then again I think he was playing with two pulled hamstrings. Dude was beat up but fought through it like a straight warrior.

Cramps.

Yeah, he was cramping up. He drank Gatoraide and pickle juice on the sidelines to get the cramping to stop. Yes, pickle juice. LINK :lol:

Also took an IV right there on sideline.

TA uses angles better then most so in a straight line those DBs would catch him however his side steps and diagonal steps are almost as fast as the straight forward ones.

mia-bell-block.gif

Yeah, like in this video against Miami two years ago. He takes one step, then shifts to the right about 30 degrees without losing a bit of speed. Amazing for a guy as big as him to change directions that fast. And then there's his world class hurdling ability. LOL

l41m6BuH6gM5pKs8w.gif

• Fire 1

TA uses angles better then most so in a straight line those DBs would catch him however his side steps and diagonal steps are almost as fast as the straight forward ones.

mia-bell-block.gif

Yeah, like in this video against Miami two years ago. He takes one step, then shifts to the right about 30 degrees without losing a bit of speed. Amazing for a guy as big as him to change directions that fast. And then there's his world class hurdling ability. LOL

l41m6BuH6gM5pKs8w.gif

I forgot hurdling steps - chuckleshuffle Watch what happens to that Miami safety after missing TA!!

How many of you competed in Varsity sports and even in college? If you have then you will get what I am talking about. There is such a thing as your body rising to the occasion and doing things even you didnt know you could do. Tommy had that happen. Everything was on the line. He went for it. His legs rose to the occasion and blazed past a couple blue chip DB's. He was running faster than he should have been able to at that point. That is part of the magic of sport that makes it so special!

No....this isn't because of his name. But, he has always reminded me of Tommie Frazier when running. Both of them are big bodied QBs that aren't the fastest guys on the field but have just enough speed and running instincts to make people miss and get yards. Armstrong is actually 15 lbs heavier than Frazier.

lol Frazier was fast- I thought he ran like a 4.5 electronic 40

No....this isn't because of his name. But, he has always reminded me of Tommie Frazier when running. Both of them are big bodied QBs that aren't the fastest guys on the field but have just enough speed and running instincts to make people miss and get yards. Armstrong is actually 15 lbs heavier than Frazier.

LOL he wasn't the fastest guy on the field. TA is fast too. But, both of them were fast enough with running instincts to get away from faster defenders.

LOL he wasn't the fastest guy on the field. TA is fast too. But, both of them were fast enough with running instincts to get away from faster defenders.
well ok... But our I backs back then were really fast, most of them were probably faster than Frazier. I know Green ran a 4.3 when here. I didn't think you were literally saying he wasn't the fastest guy on the field, I thought you were using the phrase figuratively. I don't think you can compare armstrongs speed to fraziers just because there were a couple of players faster than Frazier on the best team in college football ever

well ok... But our I backs back then were really fast, most of them were probably faster than Frazier. I know Green ran a 4.3 when here. I didn't think you were literally saying he wasn't the fastest guy on the field, I thought you were using the phrase figuratively. I don't think you can compare armstrongs speed to fraziers just because there were a couple of players faster than Frazier on the best team in college football ever

Question....have you ever been in a discussion on a board and someone takes your statement and tries to take the discussion in a direction that your statement never was meant to be taken?

A. Green was the fastest man in the NFL for a few years, and this site has him listed with the 5th fastest 40 time in the history of the NFL.

Question....have you ever been in a discussion on a board and someone takes your statement and tries to take the discussion in a direction that your statement never was meant to be taken?

Question: Have you had someone answer your question with another question to take the thread *back* to the original topicmuch like Tommy's change of direction in the awesome run below? :lol:

mia-bell-block.gif