Turning Point in Nebraska Football?

ScottyIce

It's always amazing to me how fan perceptions can change in the blink of an eye with no thought towards what we thought a day ago, a week ago, a month ago, a year ago.

Imagine someone starting a poll last December asking how people would feel about an 8-4 or 9-3 season in 2016. I'd guess it'd be quite a bit majority in approval of. Now we beat an unranked Oregon team close and people are gonna get pissed and grouchy when we don't go 10-2.

We didn't bean an unranked Oregon team.

It's always amazing to me how fan perceptions can change in the blink of an eye with no thought towards what we thought a day ago, a week ago, a month ago, a year ago.

Imagine someone starting a poll last December asking how people would feel about an 8-4 or 9-3 season in 2016. I'd guess it'd be quite a bit majority in approval of. Now we beat an unranked Oregon team close and people are gonna get pissed and grouchy when we don't go 10-2.

Has less to do with us and more to do with our opposition.

Last December we just finished a 6-7 campaign. Optimism wasn't super high. Now, after a 3-0 start, we have a better idea where we are.

What team other than tOSU and Wiscy aren't we better than?

Turning point =

1. Go at least 9-3
  2. Win the West
  3. Make it a close B10 Title game or even win it

That would be a hell of a comeback year for Riley after the garbage 15' season.

Honestly, as it sits right now, 9-3 would be a disappointment. It means either losing all 3 to Wisconsin, OSU, Iowa, or losing to one of the scrub teams remaining on our schedule.

Actually true.

Not to mention we've had at least 3-4 seasons comparable to this in the last 7 years.

The turning point is...a circle back to where we've already been and still weren't happy?

However, if we would then win our bowl game, our record at 10-3 would be an improvement over the last 9 years.

If we only lose three games, it is a major improvement. We have lost at least four games every year since Frank was fired for allowing the team to drift into mediocrity. Restoring the team to a level as good as Frank left it is a major improvement, although given our weak schedule this year, I want no more than two losses.

What team 3 weeks in last year weren't we better than?

I don't see them ranked in any poll.

• Fire 1

What team 3 weeks in last year weren't we better than?

I don't see them ranked in any poll.

1) So you haven't seen any improvement over last years team? Good to know.

2) They were ranked when we beat them, they could very easily be ranked again at the end of the season.

It's not that amazing when you think about it. Just do the math. Most people who said they wanted 8-4 or 9-3 or they would be disappointed were assuming Oregon was one of those 3-4 losses. Now, since Oregon wasn't a loss, those predictions automatically change to 9-3 and 10-2. If we win a game I expected us to lose, then going forward I expect us to win one more game than I originally expected. It's just logical, not amazing.

I'll be happy if they just play the way they're capable of playing. The wins and rankings will be there if they just stay focused and don't beat themselves. They need to look at what opponents are doing to other teams and decide between themselves how they're gonna handle it if it happens to them. The coaches can't play for them.

Um. I predicted undefeated season.