What did we learn-Northwestern edition

JJ Husker

I already knew this, but it was reinforced tonight, Tommy Armstrong is a very good, borderline great college QB. The offense is going to really miss him and the rest of the talent that leaves after this year. Enjoy 2016.

Yes new QB got some shoes to fill!

But many NU fans think the offense is going to be better next year!! I ran into one at the bar tonight. Are they watching the same game I am?

I already knew this, but it was reinforced tonight, Tommy Armstrong is a very good, borderline great college QB. The offense is going to really miss him and the rest of the talent that leaves after this year. Enjoy 2016.

But many NU fans think the offense is going to be better next year!! I ran into one at the bar tonight. Are they watching the same game I am?

I think they see a lot of hope with our r/l backs. Tre Bryant, Ozigbo, Morgan Jr (wr), Mikale Wilbon. Plus the fact that Mike Riley is indisputably a much better player developer than Bo and company.

We lose A LOT of talent next year. A LOT on offense.

Our D-line has to get better but I'm not sure we have the guys on the team right now for that to happen. We're going to have a rough time against Wisconsin and Ohio State because we can't get any QB pressure without a blitz.

Otherwise, pretty good game except for the fumbles.

find me tape of teams that routinely get pressure with 4. Go ahead. Illwait.

This obsession is so misplaced. Not just you. But i see it all the time. And its not just here. First of all. Its 5 on 4. Sometimes 6 on 4. So getting pressure with 4 isnt supposed to happen anyway.

Our defense was solid tonight. With everythinv that went on. And in the 4th, it was the DEFENSE that closed this game out. Ppl better realize that. 13 points folks. Not 35. Team willgain yards. Teams will move the ball. Watch some football outside Nebraska and the desire for 18 sacks and 0 ppg week in week out.

• Fire 3

This, along with the fact that the offense is working pretty well with a mobile QB. I give credit to Langsdorf for figuring this out. But, next year the offense goes back to a far less mobile QB, and the loss of the top 3 WR's and 3 TE's.

Yes

We lose

C Carter

Westerkamp

Armstrong

T Newby

Reilly

Alonzo moore

Haven't even touched the defense

Tommy is making a believer out of me. I think he has really improved in some very important aspects this season. He isn't staring down receivers as much, he is doing some pump fakes which helps immensely and he can throw it away instead of forcing the ball into bad situations. Sure, he still does some of the bad things some of the time but overall vastly improved. And he still can throw some wtf passes and miss wide open receivers but he is playing very solid. And now that they are green lighting him more to run...Huge asset. We will miss him next year.

This is the first game I felt like Langs called a really good game. I usually feel like "why did he totally abandon the run" when it seems to be working and I didn't get that tonight. Really good mix of plays tonight. I didn't have any feel for what play would be coming next. That has to be extremely tough on D coordinators and defenses.

Someone said Gerry was all over the field. That's true! I remember thinking this exact thing during the game

I listened to the game on radio broadcast so didn't get to watch but it seemed to me our linebackers were AWOL and made dame few tackles. What happened that they ran all over us and the secondary had to make so many tackles ten yards down field>

Someone said Gerry was all over the field. That's true! I remember thinking this exact thing during the game

I listened to the game on radio broadcast so didn't get to watch but it seemed to me our linebackers were AWOL and made dame few tackles. What happened that they ran all over us and the secondary had to make so many tackles ten yards down field>

I don't think it's unfair to say our lb's didn't play well. A lot of bad throws helped us out. Jackson is a good back, not great. A better team will make us pay for all of those missed tackles. If we just clean up the fumbles on offense, which I think we should, this game would've been a blowout. But is our defense ready for a team like Ohio State? Not even close imo. Good win no doubt, but we have a loooong ways to go in order to even beat a team like Wisconsin. You can tell me NW always plays us close, but on paper and just watching them play they are a 500 team at best. Happy with the win, but definitely cautiously optimistic about our team right now.

I learned that Johnny Eutaw must be hell to buy presents for "well, I guess it is a present at least. Porsches aren't all their cracked up to be ya know. And I don't look good in gold painted cars. The tires are cheap, not really good enough for a Porsche, but I suppose they are round enough. A Jag would have been nicer ya know, but, well thanks I guess." :-)

Yep, that's pretty much me to a t lol

I learned that Johnny Eutaw must be hell to buy presents for "well, I guess it is a present at least. Porsches aren't all their cracked up to be ya know. And I don't look good in gold painted cars. The tires are cheap, not really good enough for a Porsche, but I suppose they are round enough. A Jag would have been nicer ya know, but, well thanks I guess." :-)

i found his new avatar

eeyore.jpg

I have two tattoos: one is Herbie, the other is Eeyore.

What a monster, monster game from Tommy today. He did have some truly baffling throws and I don't think we'll ever be rid of those -- but largely, he made smart decisions, and he made a lot of clutch completions.

Not to mention keying the run game. He was a hero out there tonight, and you get the sense things are coming together on this offense.

Also: was that a coming out party for Mikale Wilbon? Nice work!

Defensively: four sacks, two picks. Yeah, Northwestern got some yards, but a lot of offenses will do so. 13 points. The defense was never out of this fight, and for every play the 'Cats made, the Huskers were always a threat to knock 'em down again on the next one.

57e745021616b.image.jpg?resize=1200%2C83

^ I love this picture. Looks like a dude who can throw a mean football.

• Fire 1