***Official Illinois Game Discussion Thread***

Mavric

gotta play a smarter 2nd half. FSU getting beat, we could move up some spots.

But should we

We aren't a top 10-12 team. I don't care if we have 10 next to our name, numbers don't fool what I see.
Wow. You are super smart!
What did I say wrong? Or what was uneducated about what I said.
Maybe it's due to the fact that we are #15

You know what he's saying. This team is not good enough right now to belong in the top 10-12. I'd go as far to say top 20.

I did. I was just giving a possible explanation to Coach's response

We actually possessed the ball more this game than any this season so far. We just didn't make much come of it until the 2nd.

You're right ...maybe it's just my perception from all the missed tackles that we'd get eaten alive by a good team. Illinois isn't terrible but I think we should've handled them easily. The first half flat stunk. Maybe we would've had less TOP if we had actually scored once in a while?

If you are scoring more you are able to afford having less TOP. In a low scoring game especially reaching into 3rd or 4th quarter - TOP needs to be a valuable tactic once you are above your opponent in score. As far as sucking in the first half, it's a common problem and can be attributed to thousands of factors. I'm thinking of the Alabama and Kentucky game right now.

Did we really not punt once this game?

I think that's true. When you have one drive that eats up nearly 20% of the game I guess that happens

13-75-TD-6:37
11-47-FG Missed-5:41
10-53-FG Made-4:12
2-28-INT-0:33
(Half)
5-17-FUM Lost-2:19
18-75-TD-10:42
11-59-TD-5:49
2-70-TD-0:54
2-NEG 1-EOG-1:14
Wow. I didn't notice the lack of punting -- nor how long that one drive took. Seemed like it was dragging, but daaaaayum.
In the first half the Illini had some sustained drives. In the second half, they had that nice FG drive but otherwise, a bunch of miserably snuffed out punting drives. Way to go, Blackshirts! Good job, also, to keep those two Illini drives to FGs.

Did we really not punt once this game?

I think that's true. When you have one drive that eats up nearly 20% of the game I guess that happens

It has just dawned on me after the game that I didn't recall seeing Caleb lb at all, but thought no way we went whole game w/o a punt..

Man, I don't know who to blame. The staff, team, distractions.......

The staff??

Why are we pretending that Riley doestnt lose to crap teams

It's the team. Bo lost his fair share to below avg teams
Never lost to Purdue. Never lost to Illinois.

The deficit right now can only be attributed to the staff's schemes and play calling.

Not the 2 turnovers at all?

Wow, reading this thread just provided me with a list of the numerous FWFF's.

Man, I don't know who to blame. The staff, team, distractions.......

The staff??

Why are we pretending that Riley doestnt lose to crap teams

It's the team. Bo lost his fair share to below avg teams
Never lost to Purdue. Never lost to Illinois.

The deficit right now can only be attributed to the staff's schemes and play calling.

Not the 2 turnovers at all?

Wow, reading this thread just provided me with a list of the numerous FWFF's.

Fun With Fur and Feathers?

If Mike Riley loses this game today, he's done at Nebraska. You can't lose to Illinois at home, in your 2nd year. Not when your 1st year was an utter failure.

One can hope. After forty years of rooting for the Huskers, I'm now boycotting the team until Riley and the anti-American players are no longer part of the football program. Let's go Illinois!

Awesome! See you around in a few years. Don't let the door hit ya and all that. :lame

• Fire 3

Long time lurker: I completely understand the right to protest. No issues here as long as freedom of speech goes both ways and that freedom of choice is just that freedom of choice, no matter what side of the fence you are on.

I just don't understand, and maybe someone can explain their thoughts but what is the endgame? Is it change of policy? Awareness? What I am saying is I think by doing this in uniform with the facts and reasons muddied for different angles, how can you ever stand up again? Wouldn't that seem hypocritical to fact that you have just taken on an ambassador role as to when oppression is happening and when it isn't.

That being said and on the lighter side, say someone "feels" as if oppression is happening for any number of reasons, will NU provide a forum/press conference for the most minuscule of feelings of being oppressed?

So hypothetically if "insert name" feels that his/her sandwich was dry and was not afforded the same sandwich as everyone else, and NU doesn't offer the same forum.. so NU doesn't care about this students "feelings" but only football players? I am being sarcastic but what I am saying is that it's a slippery slope. 2cents completed.