Conference Realignment

BIG ERN

Since there was a bunch of news on Nebraska wanting to move back to the Big12 (un-true of course), I thought I would share the conference realignments I had done a few years back when the BCS was scrapped. Since it is a bye week I would like to hear peoples thoughts on how they feel the conferences should be aligned, or if they are okay with how they are today. I feel these are geographically more friendly as well.

Each team plays their divisional opponents with 2-3 crossover conference games (rotates yearly), 3 out of conference games with one of those being from a 'conference challenge' similar to college basketball. 6 auto bids from the conference winners with 2 at large bids or all at large bids.

I left off quite a few teams as I feel they should move down to FCS and try to compete. There are a few questionable teams that I left in the FBS, but I feel they could grow within the conferences. I had all the teams logos instead of text names, but it wouldn't allow some of the images and I wasn't going to go back and find out.

Pacific Conference

(North)

Boise State

Cal

Oregon

Oregon State

Stanford

Utah

Washington

Washington State

(South)

Arizona
Arizona State

Fresno State

Hawaii

San Diego State

San Jose State

UCLA

USC

Mountain West Conference

(North)

BYU

Colorado

Colorado State

Iowa State

Nevada

North Dakota State

Utah State

Wyoming

(South)

Air Force

Kansas

Kansas State

New Mexico

San Diego State

TCU

Texas Tech

UNLV

Big South Conference

(West)

Arkansas

Baylor

Houston

Oklahoma
Oklahoma State

SMU

Texas

Texas A&M

(East)

Arkansas State

LSU

Louisiana Tech

Ole Miss

Memphis

Miss St

Southern Miss

Vanderbilt

Southeastern Conference

(West)

Alabama

Auburn

Georgia Tech

Louisville

South Florida

Tennessee

Tulane

(East)

Clemson

Georgia

Kentucky

Florida

Florida State

South Carolina

Wake Forest

Atlantic Coastal Conference

(North)

Boston College

Connecticut

Maryland

Rutgers

Syracuse

Temple

Virginia Tech

West Virginia

(South)

ECU

Duke

Miami

Navy

North Carolina

North Carolina State

Virginia

UCF

Midwestern Conference

(West)

Illinois

Iowa

Minnesota

Missouri

Nebraska

Northwestern

Notre Dame

Wisconsin

(East)

Cincinnati

Indiana

Michigan

Michigan State

Ohio State

Purdue

Penn State

Pittsburgh

• Fire 2

Looks as good as any scheme I've seen. :thumbs:

I'd be inclined to put Army someplace too. You've already added two other independents, BYU and Notre Dame. Maybe add Army to the ACC. You could also include UMass if you wanted to keep an even number of teams. Just a suggestion.

My immediate reaction is, "oh, I bet this has Notre Dame in whatever the Big Ten is called," and I wasn't let down at all. lol

That ship has sailed. I couldn't agree more -- Notre Dame was always a logical fit for the Big Ten. But it's over. They're not interested, and if that was going to happen, it would have happened by now.

Too bad there isn't a nice configurable college football video game for you to play with this realignment, but that's about as close as we're going to get to it. Way too much money at stake (just to simply pick ONE swap at random) for Maryland and Rutgers to suddenly just be cool with swapping conferences and allowing Cincinnati and Pittsburg to take their places.

All conferences are not created equally. We should know. We somehow escaped the biggest joke of a conference there is. We're very lucky to be in our new stable, respectful home.

• Fire 2

Cue the "if you dont like it dont read it guys" but this conversation gets really really old.

Hey if ya don't like it, don't read it.

Oh yeah 1995 Redux...well...I"m not going to read your post! Doh...I already did. Dang it!

Yeah! Take it, take all of my post in!