Bo Pelini to PURDUE?

I can't wait for another college job to come open, have someone link Bo to that job, and then have another 4 page circle-jerk rehashing things from the past 2 years. Good times.

hey. I think it's an intriging debate. lots of points being made. and i see no issue going back and revisiting some of these things now that we're a full year more into this new era, 6-0, in the top ten just to see how differently, even if slightly, some of these things are viewed.

That would qualify as "toxic lockerroom" yes?

Except it wasn't a locker room under Bo Pelini. He was gone by then.

It was up to Riley to take ownership of the team at that point and show them that they could be successful under him and his staff. He didn't show that last year, time and again. I have a list, if needed...

So you're choosing to ignore the fact that Bo basically told the players on his way out that being at Nebraska sucks. Then he and or members of his staff kept in contact with players last year and furthered the divide.

We're just ignoring this? Okay then.

I'm definitely ignoring things that were made up, yes.

• Fire 1

It was up to Riley to take ownership of the team at that point and show them that they could be successful under him and his staff. He didn't show that last year, time and again. I have a list, if needed...

So you're choosing to ignore the fact that Bo basically told the players on his way out that being at Nebraska sucks. Then he and or members of his staff kept in contact with players last year and furthered the divide.

Yeah, that audio recording was totally fictionalized. Not real at all.

Sigh. I was a staunch Bo supporter until the end but once you take off the irrational blinders its incredibly easy to see the toxicity that Bo created in the locker room. To say the things he did to the players at the end...Thats just...incredible. This team is so much better off then when Bo was here.

On the topic of this thread....

I hope he finds his way back to a program like Purdue so I can watch his antics from the opposite side. I have found myself watching some YSU games this year just to watch for the blowups.

• Fire 1

Bo told the players nebraska sucks. Wait. No i think the quoteable term used was "it's a bitch here". This is on audio. Inargueable fact.

Kazinski was in contact with players after. hell. he admitted it such on a radio show. So this is fact. it is debateable (not necessarily untrue, since it's also known that Kaz beat his wife, so it's ok to question his character anyway) It is debateable as to whether he "furthered the divide". At first i thought he had. But after hearing his radio interview in januaray he seemed pretty adament that he did nothing wrong. Who knows.

Bo told the players nebraska sucks. Wait. No i think the quoteable term used was "it's a bitch here". This is on audio. Inargueable fact.

Kazinski was in contact with players after. hell. he admitted it such on a radio show. So this is fact. it is debateable (not necessarily untrue, since it's also known that Kaz beat his wife, so it's ok to question his character anyway) It is debateable as to whether he "furthered the divide". At first i thought he had. But after hearing his radio interview in januaray he seemed pretty adament that he did nothing wrong. Who knows.

Among his quotes of how it sucks at Nebraska:

"Because I think you guys feel that. Am I right or wrong? It's a b---- here."

"You can’t let this place eat you up, because if you let it, it'll eat you up. Because I've been at LSU, I've been at Oklahoma, I've been to these other places and it ain't quite — the scrutiny, the negativity, it ain’t like that everywhere. But it is what it is."

• Fire 1

I think it's clear player effort was sub par prior to Michigan State. The coaches were doing a pretty poor job managing games and play calling during that time as well. We lose to Purdue, something happens within the team, galvanizes them and the coaches and players begin to give their all for each other. We reel off 9 out of 10, which really should have been 10 out of 10. The team now has an edge, a confidence that they almost don't know how to lose now. Regardless of games being tight you can see the will of the team at the end of these games. Something special might just be happening in Lincoln...

• Fire 4

Kazinski was in contact with players after. hell. he admitted it such on a radio show

I didn't know that there was a restraining order that prevented this. Is this the same thing as saying grandma can't see the kids after the divorce?

No one said that it was illegal. The point is that the nature of the farewell speech, where Pelini told the players that Nebraska sucks and is a bad place to be, do you really think that any player who was in contact with Kaz during this time period heard things that supported the program or the new coaches? Seems unlikely.

Kazinski was in contact with players after. hell. he admitted it such on a radio show

I didn't know that there was a restraining order that prevented this. Is this the same thing as saying grandma can't see the kids after the divorce?

there isnt. As long as hes not coaching for another program. Which he wasnt. so no doing it was not wrong. and again, your lack of reading comprehension has COMPLETELY missed the point here. Because no one said it was wrong for him to do so. the debate is whether or not he, within that contact, furthered a divide. i dont know if he did. What I do know is it's ok to question his character cuz he was arrested for beating his wife, making it ok to have an opinion that he wouldve done so. Me? i dont know.

And once again. i had to reexplain a point made in pretty much the exact words i used before cuz someone wanted to create a false narrative on the point out of ignorance or stupidity.

• Fire 2

your lack of reading comprehension has COMPLETELY missed the point here

Nope. Sometimes, you read stuff and it doesn't make any sense, even if you slow down and reread it several times. Sometimes, there is no point that is germane or logical to the discussion at hand. For example:

We have now officially brought in "Kaz beats his wife" to prove that, all the way back on page one, Pelini shouldn't be a head coach...because everybody knows wife beating and toxic locker rooms are hand in glove. We might even make a case that Pelini is responsible for Kaz beating his wife if we follow the same chain of logic, right?

I really can't put together something to refute this. I don't think I even want to try.

• Fire 1

there isnt. As long as hes not coaching for another program. Which he wasnt. so no doing it was not wrong. and again, your lack of reading comprehension has COMPLETELY missed the point here. Because no one said it was wrong for him to do so. the debate is whether or not he, within that contact, furthered a divide.

There was an article out at some point last season saying the old coaches in contact were talking sh#t about the new coaches to the current players. Unfortunately I have no recollection of what that article was. It was other people close to the program who were saying this or maybe a couple of the players said it. Don't remember that detail either.