Bo Pelini to PURDUE?

People still equate wins with effort. It's funny. If NU loses MSU like it could have for a number of reasons, people would have said it was a lack of effort. If we beat BYU, no one would be claiming effort.

And now, this year, even though NU is far more talented than anyone it's struggled to beat, people are claiming we are seeing so much more effort from the team. The "switch flipped."

It's reductive reasoning and it's wrong minded player blamining for a staff that is career .500 registering another .500 season.

Purdue wasn't the result of a lack of effort. It was the result of one of the worst gameplans I've seen employed by a Husker team. Same with Illinois.

considering Oregon State is an all time .480 program, .500 is over achieving. And NFL success or lack thereof doesn't tell you alot about college success

See Nick Saban.

Purdue is as historically bad as Kansas football. I do see Pelini getting back into the FBS, but not at a program like Purdue.

I see a place like Purdue as the only way Pelini gets back into FBS

Exactly. I don't see him getting to an establishment program unless and until he proves he can behave himself at an FBS program. No way a big time program is going to take a risk on him right now.

• Fire 1

Purdue is as historically bad as Kansas football. I do see Pelini getting back into the FBS, but not at a program like Purdue.

i agree. it's that starting point. Let's be honest. A place like Purdue is the only kind of place that takes that chance. I'll agree with CM on one thing. It is possible that he learns from the past and improves himself to the point of being successful. My only issue with that is, all that extra stuff that comes along with coaching at the major FBS level (p.r., press, other "ceo" responsiblities, hardcore recruiting), it's pretty obvious he wants nothing to do with those, is not good at those, and really REALLY doesnt enjoy those. that's gonna be a tough hurdle for him to overcome, cuz usually if you dont enjoy something today, youre not gonna enjoy it 10 years from now. his demeanor could improve, but his passion-or lack of- for those things probably wont.

i agree. it's that starting point. Let's be honest. A place like Purdue is the only kind of place that takes that chance. I'll agree with CM on one thing. It is possible that he learns from the past and improves himself to the point of being successful. My only issue with that is, all that extra stuff that comes along with coaching at the major FBS level (p.r., press, other "ceo" responsiblities, hardcore recruiting), it's pretty obvious he wants nothing to do with those, is not good at those, and really REALLY doesnt enjoy those. that's gonna be a tough hurdle for him to overcome, cuz usually if you dont enjoy something today, youre not gonna enjoy it 10 years from now. his demeanor could improve, but his passion-or lack of- for those things probably wont.

I don't agree that he is likely to have learned from the past and improves his behavior. He's already had multiple major meltdowns and YSU and I have to assume that the pressure there is substantially less than it is at nearly any P5 conference school.

Obviously my favorite team is Nebraska, but a distant second is Purdue and to see him leave here and then wind up at Purdue would be a real kick in the groin area.

It would be like joining the Big 10 and finally getting away from Texas's political BS only to have them follow us here.

You should probably avoid Rumorville...

Its been a few wks since I was last logged on & this topic caught my eye.

The President of Purdue Univ is Mitch Daniels (the ex-gov of Ind that lots of people wanted to run for POTUS). When he took over Purdue in 2013 he insisted his base pay be 24% LOWER than the prior President. He has froze tuition for 4 yrs (Purdue tuition had gone up EVERY yr since 1976). He watches Purdue football in the stands among the students, not in the expensive enclosed box seats. He is very concerned about the image of Purdue Univ.

The point --- I can't imagine Mitch allowing the AD to hire Bo with all the baggage / reputation that comes along with Bo.

This thread belongs in the "Rumors/What-ifs" sub-forum.

Nebraska football is finally enjoyable again after a pretty mediocre 2015, and we have yet another re-hash the Pelini saga. Who cares? He's not the coach here anymore, thank God. Time for his former players, assistants and family members to move on to the Youngstown (or Purdue?) forum.

Its been a few wks since I was last logged on & this topic caught my eye.

The President of Purdue Univ is Mitch Daniels (the ex-gov of Ind that lots of people wanted to run for POTUS). When he took over Purdue in 2013 he insisted his base pay be 24% LOWER than the prior President. He has froze tuition for 4 yrs (Purdue tuition had gone up EVERY yr since 1976). He watches Purdue football in the stands among the students, not in the expensive enclosed box seats. He is very concerned about the image of Purdue Univ.

The point --- I can't imagine Mitch allowing the AD to hire Bo with all the baggage / reputation that comes along with Bo.

Interesting. Thanks for the insight! Have you heard anything about candidates?

Watching the Iowa game, ferentz just went crazy about a call. Screamed "that's bullsh#t!" directly into the face of a ref.

No one bats an eye.

Point is, it's a big boy game and sideline screaming will not be why a coach isn't hired.

I find it hilarious that some in this thread have spun a "he would listen" rumor into some elaborate discussion of how he wants it but won't get it.