The impact of a win on Saturday.

Win and it legitimizes Mike Riley as the HC and puts Nebraska squarely in the playoff race. A loss isn't the end of the world, but my fear is all the closet Bolievers come back and say "I TOLD YOU SO BLAH BLAH BLAH" and this place becomes a bigger dumpsterfire then it usually is.

And then I'll just laugh at them. If Bo was still the HC I wouldn't be surprised at all by a blowout loss. If Riley loses this game, itll be close and competitive. Not a 40 point blowout that bo made famous.

While I agree...this is one thing that I feel absolutely needs to leave the minds of the Husker fans.

"Close loss" is for the "little engine that could" programs...Not for Nebraska.

Back to the impact of this game. A win here really pretty much gives Nebraska the West Division Title.

Please explain who is saying they are going to be happy with a close loss or a close loss is great or wonderful.

Sure, well first...I did not say that people would be happy with a close loss or that a close loss is great or wonderful. I said that we need to stop thinking that a close loss is something NU should strive for but since you asked here are some posts that I would toss into the old "I would be okay with a close loss" category.

I would be happy with a close, competitive game. Final score somewhere close to the spread.

I want Nebraska to kick their asses and win. But I'll be satisfied if we prepare well this week and play hard Saturday. I'd really like to see our O-line have a great game giving TA time and TN/DO lanes.

Preferably win but either way just make the game a competitive one. Just like Wisconsin's games with Michigan and Ohio St. were. If we do that it will do a lot for the confidence of the fan base and the national media that we are close to being "back". If that perception happens then we will win a lot of recruiting battles with this staff which in turn could mean a lot more successful seasons ahead.

As painful as it would be, just keep this thing close.

Just let it be a 4 quarter game. F you Bo Pelini and what you have done to my confidence levels

So, clearly there are people (Husker fans) that if NU gets beat on a last second field goal will "okay" with it and so on.

Now, I see what you are getting at, I really do. I get it, trust me, I do.

You yourself said something like "If we lose, I won't be happy. But, at least if I get my wish here, it will be respectable."

Your wish, you said, was to keep it respectable.

That is the "Little Engine That Could" stuff. This is NU...They have out-recruited Wisconsin for the last 10 years...Our head coach was the freaking mentor to their coach, we have a 4 year starter at QB, they have a freaking freshman statue at QB. They just lost their all-world LB and their All-world NT.

This is Nebraska...Not WMU, trying to make a name for themselves.

f#*k being okay with a close loss. Win the freaking game. They can do it. Period.

To the red part: No you don't.

And, to the blue part implying that you understand my quote: You clearly have proven that you have no clue what I or anyone else was saying.

Here is my quote from the other thread that you think you understood.....but took out of context.

I obviously want to see a win. But, if we lose, I want to see us competitive and have a chance to win it in the 4th. Also, if we lose, I want it to be because they make good plays instead of us doing something totally inept.

If we lose, I won't be happy. But, at least if I get my wish here, it will be respectable.

Got, your wish is that it is respectable. That is cool

My wish is for a Husker win...and a threesome.

• Fire 1

Win and it legitimizes Mike Riley as the HC and puts Nebraska squarely in the playoff race. A loss isn't the end of the world, but my fear is all the closet Bolievers come back and say "I TOLD YOU SO BLAH BLAH BLAH" and this place becomes a bigger dumpsterfire then it usually is.

And then I'll just laugh at them. If Bo was still the HC I wouldn't be surprised at all by a blowout loss. If Riley loses this game, itll be close and competitive. Not a 40 point blowout that bo made famous.

While I agree...this is one thing that I feel absolutely needs to leave the minds of the Husker fans.

Back to the impact of this game. A win here really pretty much gives Nebraska the West Division Title.

Please explain who is saying they are going to be happy with a close loss or a close loss is great or wonderful.

Sure, well first...I did not say that people would be happy with a close loss or that a close loss is great or wonderful. I said that we need to stop thinking that a close loss is something NU should strive for but since you asked here are some posts that I would toss into the old "I would be okay with a close loss" category.

I would be happy with a close, competitive game. Final score somewhere close to the spread.

I want Nebraska to kick their asses and win. But I'll be satisfied if we prepare well this week and play hard Saturday. I'd really like to see our O-line have a great game giving TA time and TN/DO lanes.

Preferably win but either way just make the game a competitive one. Just like Wisconsin's games with Michigan and Ohio St. were. If we do that it will do a lot for the confidence of the fan base and the national media that we are close to being "back". If that perception happens then we will win a lot of recruiting battles with this staff which in turn could mean a lot more successful seasons ahead.

Just let it be a 4 quarter game. F you Bo Pelini and what you have done to my confidence levels

So, clearly there are people (Husker fans) that if NU gets beat on a last second field goal will "okay" with it and so on.

You yourself said something like "If we lose, I won't be happy. But, at least if I get my wish here, it will be respectable."

That is the "Little Engine That Could" stuff. This is NU...They have out-recruited Wisconsin for the last 10 years...Our head coach was the freaking mentor to their coach, we have a 4 year starter at QB, they have a freaking freshman statue at QB. They just lost their all-world LB and their All-world NT.

f#*k being okay with a close loss. Win the freaking game. They can do it. Period.

And, to the blue part implying that you understand my quote: You clearly have proven that you have no clue what I or anyone else was saying.

Here is my quote from the other thread that you think you understood.....but took out of context.

I obviously want to see a win. But, if we lose, I want to see us competitive and have a chance to win it in the 4th. Also, if we lose, I want it to be because they make good plays instead of us doing something totally inept.

If we lose, I won't be happy. But, at least if I get my wish here, it will be respectable.

You're really having a problem with comprehension here aren't you?

No...you said you won't be happy with a loss. Neither will I.

But then I have to ask, what is your wish? Why say that if you get your wish here, it will be respectable. Does that mean that you are okay with a 21-20 loss?

So the only to possible categories for Husker fans are "All in on Riley" and "Want Bo to come back"?

I was speaking more towards posters on this board rather than the entire fan base.
  • Fire 1

No...you said you won't be happy with a loss. Neither will I.

But then I have to ask, what is your wish? Why say that if you get your wish here, it will be respectable. Does that mean that you are okay with a 21-20 loss?

Yes...you are having problems here... let me try to help you.

a)....."I obviously want to see us win" means, I want us to win.
b)....."But, if we lose, I want to see us competitive and have a chance to win it in the 4th. " Means, there is a chance we are going to lose this game. So....if we do lose, I want us to at least have a chance to win it in the 4th quarter instead of a total blow out and be finished by half time.
c)....."Also, if we lose, I want it to be because they make good plays instead of us doing something totally inept." Means, IF that bad thing none of us want to happens, happens, I want it to be because they beat us by being a really good team instead of us totally crapping our pants on the field acting like we have never played football before. You know....like maybe the team was well prepared and coached well.
d)....."If we lose, I won't be happy." Meaning....there's that pesky quote again about me not being happy if we lose. Interesting that you can't seem to quite understand that.
e)....."But, at least if I get my wish here, it will be respectable." Now....here is the really tricky part. Concentrate really close. IF WE LOSE (important point, you do understand that I won't be happy if we lose and I want us to win....correct?) and I get my wish (meaning items b and c) at least it will be respectable.

• Fire 2

So in a nutshell:

1. You will be pissed if they don't win (Me too)

2. If it is a close loss you will still be pissed (Me too)

3. You are not super great at using your wishes (Just wish for a Husker win instead of wishing that if they do lose it be a respectable loss)

I am with you 100%

I also included like 5 other posts where people basically said they would be okay with a close loss (not you, I get that now)

If you people get "pissed" at a NU loss, then you need to find another hobby. I have loved Husker football ever since I can remember and have watched every game but I've never gotten "pissed off" at a loss.

Disappointed? Sure.

Slight short term sadness? Sure.

Pissed off? Nah. These are 18-23 year old kids that are playing football for our entertainment. It's not thier job.

This might be why I avoid this board like the plague after any Husker loss.

• Fire 2

If you people get "pissed" at a NU loss, then you need to find another hobby. I have loved Husker football ever since I can remember and have watched every game but I've never gotten "pissed off" at a loss.

Disappointed? Sure.

Pissed off? Nah. These are 18-23 year old kids that are playing football for our entertainment. It's not thier job.

Yeah...pissed is probably a bad word for it.

But I did have a friend punch a whole in our wall in college when ASU beat Nebrsaka

Disappointed? Sure.

But I did have a friend punch a whole in our wall in college when ASU beat Nebrsaka

To be fair, I hadn't seen a regular season lost in 3 years, and I was super drunk.

• Fire 1

Disappointed? Sure.

To be fair, I hadn't seen a regular season lost in 3 years, and I was super drunk.

Yes...yes you were.

I think you laid out in the lawn for like an hour...

Disappointed? Sure.

Yes...yes you were.

I think you laid out in the lawn for like an hour...

Sidewalk...lawn, it was one of the two.

So in a nutshell:

3. You are not super great at using your wishes (Just wish for a Husker win instead of wishing that if they do lose it be a respectable loss)

I am with you 100%

I also included like 5 other posts where people basically said they would be okay with a close loss (not you, I get that now)

Naaa....I'm OK with discussing the severity of different types of losses and the level of disappointment I have with the various situations.

So in a nutshell:

I am with you 100%

Naaa....I'm OK with discussing the severity of different types of losses and the level of disappointment I have with the various situations.

I feel like a win here would be freaking huge...and a loss here would be huge.

I really think this is such a big (and winnable) game.

So in a nutshell:

I am with you 100%

I feel like a win here would be freaking huge...and a loss here would be huge.

I really think this is such a big (and winnable) game.

NU doesn't get too many "big games" each season. This Wisconsin game is a big game against an opponent that is very respected by the rest of the country. It doesn't mean that the game isn't winnable. I think the game is very winnable, and a great opportunity to show the country that NU is on the right track.