The impact of a win on Saturday.

Okay, so if the Huskers win on Saturday it basically sets them up for a fantastic shot at 11-1 with a chance at a big ten title and a chance to play in the playoff this year.

It sort of makes this game a huge game for the direction of the program!

The problem with your thinking is that you are already writing OSU off as a loss. If NU wins on Saturday, which I think is a decent chance, they could still go 12-0. chuckleshuffle

Okay, so if the Huskers win on Saturday it basically sets them up for a fantastic shot at 11-1 with a chance at a big ten title and a chance to play in the playoff this year.

The problem with your thinking is that you are already writing OSU off as a loss. If NU wins on Saturday, which I think is a decent chance, they could still go 12-0. chuckleshuffle

Not OSU for sure...just a loss...It is so difficult to go 12-0.

• Fire 1

OK, listening to Sharp and Benning this morning they had Jay Foreman on for his weekly segment. I feel better about the game after listening to him. He said they are good, but everyone is making them out to be really great. Come in play your game and play limit mistakes and NU should win the game.

On a side note was watching BTN Live this morning. It was last night's episode with DiNardo on it. For weeks now they have been saying that NU's win over Oregon doesn't look all that good, which is understandable. Except they brought up Wisconsin beating MSU and how that loss by MSU was the start of their downfall. I found that to be a little hypocritical.

• Fire 1

OK, listening to Sharp and Benning this morning they had Jay Foreman on for his weekly segment. I feel better about the game after listening to him. He said they are good, but everyone is making them out to be really great. Come in play your game and play limit mistakes and NU should win the game.

On a side note was watching BTN Live this morning. It was last night's episode with DiNardo on it. For weeks now they have been saying that NU's win over Oregon doesn't look all that good, which is understandable. Except they brought up Wisconsin beating MSU and how that loss by MSU was the start of their downfall. I found that to be a little hypocritical.

Dinardo is trying to stick up for a Big Ten team in MSU. He doesn't care about what Oregon is doing, since they are out of the conference.

I'm waiting for the Husker Chalk Talk breakdown before formulating a solid opinion.

Dinardo is trying to stick up for a Big Ten team in MSU. He doesn't care about what Oregon is doing, since they are out of the conference.

Probaby, but it can't work both ways. I know Oregon hasn't looked good since NU beat them, but they have probobly played a tougher overall schedule than MSU has since their initial loss.

• Fire 1

Win and it legitimizes Mike Riley as the HC and puts Nebraska squarely in the playoff race. A loss isn't the end of the world, but my fear is all the closet Bolievers come back and say "I TOLD YOU SO BLAH BLAH BLAH" and this place becomes a bigger dumpsterfire then it usually is.

And then I'll just laugh at them. If Bo was still the HC I wouldn't be surprised at all by a blowout loss. If Riley loses this game, itll be close and competitive. Not a 40 point blowout that bo made famous.

While I agree...this is one thing that I feel absolutely needs to leave the minds of the Husker fans.

"Close loss" is for the "little engine that could" programs...Not for Nebraska.

Back to the impact of this game. A win here really pretty much gives Nebraska the West Division Title.

Please explain who is saying they are going to be happy with a close loss or a close loss is great or wonderful.

• Fire 1

Win and it legitimizes Mike Riley as the HC and puts Nebraska squarely in the playoff race. A loss isn't the end of the world, but my fear is all the closet Bolievers come back and say "I TOLD YOU SO BLAH BLAH BLAH" and this place becomes a bigger dumpsterfire then it usually is.

And then I'll just laugh at them. If Bo was still the HC I wouldn't be surprised at all by a blowout loss. If Riley loses this game, itll be close and competitive. Not a 40 point blowout that bo made famous.

While I agree...this is one thing that I feel absolutely needs to leave the minds of the Husker fans.

Back to the impact of this game. A win here really pretty much gives Nebraska the West Division Title.

Please explain who is saying they are going to be happy with a close loss or a close loss is great or wonderful.

Agreed. I think people are saying a close loss would not be devastating (or insert whatever word you want there), not that anyone would be happy with a close walk. There is no shame in a close loss in a night game at Camp Randall, regardless of what anyone says.

• Fire 1

Sure, well first...I did not say that people would be happy with a close loss or that a close loss is great or wonderful. I said that we need to stop thinking that a close loss is something NU should strive for but since you asked here are some posts that I would toss into the old "I would be okay with a close loss" category.

I would be happy with a close, competitive game. Final score somewhere close to the spread.

I want Nebraska to kick their asses and win. But I'll be satisfied if we prepare well this week and play hard Saturday. I'd really like to see our O-line have a great game giving TA time and TN/DO lanes.

Preferably win but either way just make the game a competitive one. Just like Wisconsin's games with Michigan and Ohio St. were. If we do that it will do a lot for the confidence of the fan base and the national media that we are close to being "back". If that perception happens then we will win a lot of recruiting battles with this staff which in turn could mean a lot more successful seasons ahead.

As painful as it would be, just keep this thing close.

Just let it be a 4 quarter game. F you Bo Pelini and what you have done to my confidence levels

So, clearly there are people (Husker fans) that if NU gets beat on a last second field goal will "okay" with it and so on.

Now, I see what you are getting at, I really do. I get it, trust me, I do.

You yourself said something like "If we lose, I won't be happy. But, at least if I get my wish here, it will be respectable."

Your wish, you said, was to keep it respectable.

That is the "Little Engine That Could" stuff. This is NU...They have out-recruited Wisconsin for the last 10 years...Our head coach was the freaking mentor to their coach, we have a 4 year starter at QB, they have a freaking freshman statue at QB. They just lost their all-world LB and their All-world NT.

This is Nebraska...Not WMU, trying to make a name for themselves.

f#*k being okay with a close loss. Win the freaking game. They can do it. Period.

I mean ... it's been referenced dozens if not hundereds of times over the last few years that people would be fine/happier/not as upset/whatever with losses as long as they weren't blowouts.

I mean ... it's been referenced dozens if not hundereds of times over the last few years that people would be fine/happier/not as upset/whatever with losses as long as they weren't blowouts.

I would be much happier losing a close competetive game to top tier competition rather than letting them set NCAA records against us and or hang 70 points on us.

That said, I would much rather beat top tier competition all the time.

• Fire 2