OWH Herbstriet Interview

Mavric

I have always liked the guy. I think he has a terribly tough job and does it quite well. I listen specifically for hints he is rooting for the Buckeyes when they are playing. I am sure some can pick up stuff, but to me he seems about as fair as a human can be in his situation.

I am looking forward to Saturday night and hearing him talk about Nebraska, and normally the respect he has for our program. We lay an egg, he will let us know, if we pass with flying colors it will be the same.

The only reason he ever said anything good about us was, because Bo was a OSU alum. The only reason he has anything good to say about us now is the success of this season. I do think they were laughing at him because they knew how hard it was for him to have to dump any praise on us.

Think what you want. Just because he made a "good" remark about us doesn't change what he really thinks. I don't hate him just don't like him.

GBR!!!

The only reason he ever said anything good about us was, because Bo was a OSU alum. The only reason he has anything good to say about us now is the success of this season. I do think they were laughing at him because they knew how hard it was for him to have to dump any praise on us.

Think what you want. Just because he made a "good" remark about us doesn't change what he really thinks. I don't hate him just don't like him.

GBR!!!

and please enlighten us on what Herbie really thinks about the Huskers.

I truely believe that what he said about Howard and Pollard laughing at him on that segment on Gameday is true, but when you watch it that is not what it looks like.

When I watched that segment my take was basically how he described it.

Just an inside joke that many people wouldn't have understood if they didn't know or remember the history of him with NU fans.

They probably should have clarified, but at least I got it- and I'm pretty dense.

When I watch the segment now, yes I can see that. At the time when I ddin't have his explanation I didn't see that. Herbstriet for me is the least troubling of the segment. Pollard and Howard are the ones you get little respect from. I mean Howard says I can name 10 teams that would beat Nebraska and then chuckles about it.

I truely believe that what he said about Howard and Pollard laughing at him on that segment on Gameday is true, but when you watch it that is not what it looks like.

Just an inside joke that many people wouldn't have understood if they didn't know or remember the history of him with NU fans.

They probably should have clarified, but at least I got it- and I'm pretty dense.

When I watch the segment now, yes I can see that. At the time when I ddin't have his explanation I didn't see that. Herbstriet for me is the least troubling of the segment. Pollard and Howard are the ones you get little respect from. I mean Howard says I can name 10 teams that would beat Nebraska and then chuckles about it.

Herbie's alright. Howard's a straight douche. Forever salty about '97.

yep if anything Herbie was very professional throughout that segment despite some unprofessional behavior from his colleagues, not that I had a problem with it.

These people's opinions don't really mean much. They are knowledgeable and all but they have such a limited amount of data as do the rest of us. Alot of the data needed to determine how good a team really is happens behind the scenes where no one is watching but the coaches and the players

I am 'meh' about Herb. I stopped watching gameday years ago and not out of animosity, it's just that their is so much actual football on that a show talking about it before watching it all day isn't that appealing.

I wouldn't mind gameday coming to Lincoln for it's recruiting and economic impact but I don't live or die based on what he or any other talking head says about Nebraska.

Yeah, it will be interesting to see Howard's take on the NU-Mich CCG.