Why are a Lot of Us Giving Up?

Yes, last night's loss was a brutal curbstomp. However, it is our second loss of the season and there are 4 games ahead of us. This season is basically over for B1G hopes unless a miracle happens, but I am seeing a lot of "Nebraska will never be a power again" mentality, just because of one blowout loss. It is sad to see a lot of our fans giving up on this season, on our team, and on our future, when this is when they need us most. They're 7-2, and we can't do anything to change that. But it is still possible to be 11-2 and have the most wins since Solich was here.

Losses turn some people into monsters.

• Fire 4

I don't think we are giving up, but it's discouraging to see NU suffer the 2nd worst loss (in terms of scoring margin) in program history. After last year's debacle of a season, a lot were encouraged by the start of this year's team. But, last night showed how far NU has to go to compete at a top level. That competition is in terms of talent and coaching.

• Fire 5

You have no experience as a Nebraska fan prior to a year ago. Not that I think the sky is falling, but you really wouldn't understand.

Eh, I have read enough about the history of this program to know what you guys are saying. But I am saying a lot of people ARE saying the sky is falling because of this one bad loss. I don't think HCMR is Callahan 2.0, but a lot of people do. When we have 3-4 straight years of being humiliated like this, then I'll agree. But not for now.

You have no experience as a Nebraska fan prior to a year ago. Not that I think the sky is falling, but you really wouldn't understand.

Eh, I have read enough about the history of this program to know what you guys are saying. But I am saying a lot of people ARE saying the sky is falling because of this one bad loss. I don't think HCMR is Callahan 2.0, but a lot of people do. When we have 3-4 straight years of being humiliated like this, then I'll agree. But not for now.

You can't read about the program and compare to people who have lived with the program for decades.

• Fire 3

I don't think we are giving up, but it's discouraging to see NU suffer the 2nd worst loss (in terms of scoring margin) in program history. After last year's debacle of a season, a lot were encouraged by the start of this year's team. But, last night showed how far NU has to go to compete at a top level. That competition is in terms of talent and coaching.

This right here. It's why i also said I don't really want to see us back into the B1G CCG and get stomped. We don't deserve it, and I'd rather we get a shot at an attainable goal (like not losing 4 games).

• Fire 1

Um....

Try 15.

• Fire 3

Like I said. With all due respect, you don't get it. And you won't get it.

We've consistently been embarrassed in the worst possible ways on the biggest stages since Black Friday 2001. The program is snakebit, the fanbase has PTSD, and nobody has any clue how to fix it.

• Fire 8

I don't think the coaching is nearly as bad as many people think. We simply don't have the talent to compete with the Ohio St's and Alambama's of college football and our offensive line is really banged up. It's hard to win games when your line is trashed.

We lost 62-3......that is insanity, and is completely unacceptable. No we don't need to fire Riley by any means, but it shows we def aren't a top tier football program at this point.

We have benefited from a very easy schedule thus far --- lost the only two games that would have meant anything. At least we are winning the games we are supposed to so that for sure is an improvement from last year. 62-3!!!! Embarrassed hard on national TV once again.

• Fire 1

We've consistently been embarrassed in the worst possible ways on the biggest stages since Black Friday 2001. The program is snakebit, the fanbase has PTSD, and nobody has any clue how to fix it.

Fair enough. I guess I will IF and IF this continues to happen.

This. It's not one game. It's 15 years of getting the crap kicked out of us in at least one game a year. It's 15 years of failed coaches and blaming it on talent, scheme, recruiting, players, refs etc.......Last night was another glaring example of how far we still need to go. We are no where near bring back. Or close to it. You don't get 62 points hung on you if you are "close"......

Last night was a glaring example of a top tier coach showing why Riley and Co are a .500 staff. Not saying Riley can't be the guy, but he needs to hire top tier staff members. Just like Bo brought in the get along gang. Cally had Cosgrpve, Frank fired Bohl too late.....

Harbaugh brought in top coaches. Saben, Dabo etc......

I'm not quitting on the Huskers. Been a fan a long time. It just sucks when the reality might be as simple as drop top dollars for top coaching....

• Fire 1