Armstrong Still a Possibility for Minnesota Game

Mavric

What i heard this morning is a nerve from the mandible to bottom of the brain that is pretty exposed, can be impacted. Causing a nighty-night scenario with zero concussion. Pretty common in boxing, but more rare in other things. Basically saying that it is possible. But, watching that I have a hard time believing no concussion at all the way his head impacted the ground. That was tough to watch.

What i heard this morning is a nerve from the mandible to bottom of the brain that is pretty exposed, can be impacted. Causing a nighty-night scenario with zero concussion. Pretty common in boxing, but more rare in other things. Basically saying that it is possible. But, watching that I have a hard time believing no concussion at all the way his head impacted the ground. That was tough to watch.

Didn't you dog me about taking stuff from 1620??? I heard this on there as well, but I actually already knew about it before they mentioned it. I've seen guys knocked out when they got a good shot on the chin. Once they recovered and woke up they never had any symptoms of concussion. Actually what you have to be most worried about is the falling if they are standing when it happens. Once they get knocked out the most damage is usually done if they fall over and their head hits the ground.

Didn't you dog me about taking stuff from 1620??? I heard this on there as well, but I actually already knew about it before they mentioned it. I've seen guys knocked out when they got a good shot on the chin. Once they recovered and woke up they never had any symptoms of concussion. Actually what you have to be most worried about is the falling if they are standing when it happens. Once they get knocked out the most damage is usually done if they fall over and their head hits the ground.

yeah i did. As a joke. But i said somewhere else here about this it was something Benning said. LOL.

Agree that there's no way for us to know. But that would seem more likely on a hit from the front, not the side like TA had.

If Armstrong is cleared to play, Fyfe still starts and will play until Minnesota causes him to turn it over twice. Then Tommy comes in.

As I posted in your status update, there's no way you can do that as a coach. If TA can play he starts. If he can't start he doesn't play. Why? Because if he can't start it means he can't play. There's no gray area in concussions. Either you are cleared or you aren't.

If Armstrong is cleared to play, Fyfe still starts and will play until Minnesota causes him to turn it over twice. Then Tommy comes in.

As I posted in your status update, there's no way you can do that as a coach. If TA can play he starts. If he can't start he doesn't play. Why? Because if he can't start it means he can't play. There's no gray area in concussions. Either you are cleared or you aren't.

This ^

I actually thought this as well when he came back on the field. If he had a concussion I doubt he comes back, just gets picked up at the hospital after the game.