Trump's cabinet

38 minutes ago, NM11046 said:

I thought someone said he didn't have security clearance?  How would he know this stuff (I mean, assuming the POTUS isnt' just blabbing around the WH, which I'm sure is the case).

Loose lips sink ships and unfortunately there are toooo many in this admin - starting at the top.

He could easily be talking out of his ass. We already know we've sabotaged them before. There is no reason to think we wouldn't continue to make efforts. So nobody is going to disagree with what he said, but the fact that he put the qualifier on there about not being able to discuss it means he should probably get a looking into. Isn't this a leak Mr  Trump?

• Plus1 1
32 minutes ago, ZRod said:

He could easily be talking out of his ass. We already know we've sabotaged them before. There is no reason to think we wouldn't continue to make efforts. So nobody is going to disagree with what he said, but the fact that he put the qualifier on there about not being able to discuss it means he should probably get a looking into. Isn't this a leak Mr  Trump?

Gorka seems like a guy who would make a living talking out of his butt.

He's like Trump's mini-me in that regard.

• Plus1 1
  • 4 weeks later...

It's been a while since we've had a good Cabinet bump.

Here's HHS Secretary Tom Price railing on Washington swamp beasts wasting taxpayer dollar on private jets in 2009, a video he posted himself:

So I'd imagine he's quickly going to mobilize against this loser being so fiscally irresponsible by doing the very same thing in 2017.

I'll await Sec Price's news release blasting THIS freeloader:

• Plus1 1

The "But her emails" crowd is setting up to truly be one of the most oblivious or the most disingenuous voting bloc I've seen in some time. I'd love to see them flip their lid about this as well but I think we all know none of them are going to.

POTUS still uses an unsecured Android phone for his tweeting habits, FFS. It was never about protecting national security, was it?

• Plus1 1

It's a good thing Jared Kushner is a handsome young man who actually was defended by serious, prominent people with look at him, would someone with that boyish innocent face collude with the Russians, and not a wrinkly old woman.

Or he might be universally viewed as a corrupt, treasonous snake for this. Him and Ivanka both. 

"Private Email Server" was always code word for "Doesn't she just seem like a c----?"

I didn't say only, and this isn't merely -- or even mainly -- about Clinton. It's about the heavily gendered ways in which we infractions affect our view of different people, and that's universal. To make it only about Clinton lets people dismiss the whole concept under the heading of "it goes against my side in politics". Which isn't my aim.

The plot thickens...

BRB, short of examining the underlying ways in which gender influences the way we treat people or think of people, at the very least there is a definite double standard on this specific issue. For all the people who absolutely lost their minds about the email thing the last couple years, or at least thought it displayed poor judgment, there's very little chatter about the issue now, even though this could be ongoing for all we know. As in, personal email use is most likely occurring in the Trump White house as we speak. I don't understand how people who were supposed concerned with protecting national security and following the letter of the law aren't still concerned about that unless they never really concerned about it in the first place.

Also, there's the fact that it doesn't carry the same weight since it's not occurring inside the vacuum of a presidential election. There's certainly not every publication waiting breathlessly on every new update, and people rushing to get in front of a camera so they could publicize them against their partisan enemies...

Why isn't congress investigating them over it, same as they did for Clinton? It's because they're Republicans, not because they're male. Republicans didn't investigate Clinton because she's female. They did it in case she would run for office and maybe a little because they care about national security.

As far as gender and the election, Clinton probably would've won if she was male, but she should have won regardless. If she wasn't so fake and devoid of charisma she would have won. That was a much bigger factor. She also used her influence to make sure the wrong nominee won.

58 minutes ago, dudeguyy said:

The plot thickens...

BRB, short of examining the underlying ways in which gender influences the way we treat people or think of people, at the very least there is a definite double standard on this specific issue. For all the people who absolutely lost their minds about the email thing the last couple years, or at least thought it displayed poor judgment, there's very little chatter about the issue now, even though this could be ongoing for all we know. As in, personal email use is most likely occurring in the Trump White house as we speak. I don't understand how people who were supposed concerned with protecting national security and following the letter of the law aren't still concerned about that unless they never really concerned about it in the first place.

Also, there's the fact that it doesn't carry the same weight since it's not occurring inside the vacuum of a presidential election. There's certainly not every publication waiting breathlessly on every new update, and people rushing to get in front of a camera so they could publicize them against their partisan enemies...

The vast majority of that is pathetic party politics.....not gender bias. 

Do you really think that if it came out that A female in this Whitehorse were to be found to be using a private email for official business that the republicans would be going ape s#!t about....”that woman using private emails”. Hell no, they would be hunkering down devending her as one of their own.