Trump's cabinet

http://www.newsmax.com/JohnGizzi/trump-carson-giuliani-cabinet/2016/11/09/id/758021/

Article is quoted below. Let the speculation begin, but I think Newt, Carson, Ruddy, CC, are no surprise as they have been mouth pieces for Trump for some time.

One surprise for me was Rick Perry as Sec of Ag. I figured if anything, he'd be sec of energy if he was in the cabinet.

I do like Larry Kudlow as Chairman of Council of Economic Advisers

This is a bit of a head scratcher but understandable from Trump's perspective: White House Chief of Staff: Trump’s son-in-law and confidante Jared Kushner

I found this one interesting, I was thinking surgeon general. Secretary of Education: Ben Carson

I'm sure this will bet some criticism and probably rightly so as a 'white man's club'. Not very diverse.

Quote:

No sooner had networks projected Donald Trump would be the 45th president of the United States than speculation began about who would be in his Cabinet.

But already informed sources in Trump’s circle say they have been talking about potential Cabinet and other senior administration officials for months.

Typically, Republican presidents draw heavily from the ranks of former Republican presidential administrations. Insiders tell me this won’t be the case for President Trump.

“Unless you strongly backed Donald, he will be looking for fresh, outside-the-box thinkers,” the source said. “He picked his campaign staff that way. He thinks that’s the best way to go”

Trump also loves to be around people “he’s comfortable with.”

Trump made that clear when he made his VP pick. Ohio Gov. John Kasich was the establishment favorite.

“But Donald thought he was a little weird, so that ended,” a close Trump friend tells me.

Trump does not want “yes” men either. Donald likes people who disagree with him. For example, Rudy Giuliani is no one’s yes man, but Trump listens to him and respects him.

In official Washington, speculation on Wednesday morning was focused on top level positions at the Cabinet and beyond.

Here’s some of the people being discussed:

• Secretary of State: Newt Gingrich tops the list. The former House speaker was one of Trump's earliest supporters and staunchest defenders in the media. He’s a GOP heavyweight and can articulate Trump’s global vision to allies. Second choice: former U.N. Ambassador John Bolton. A staunch conservative, he was a critic of Iraq war strategy, something Trump likes.
  • Secretary of Treasury: Steve Mnuchin has already been promised the job. A former Goldman Sachs executive and head of Trump campaign fundraising, Mnuchin will offer Wall Street credibility to Trump’s team. Backup choices: Billionaire investor Wilber Ross, Trump’s most notable Wall Street backer. Doubtful Ross will give up his global business empire, but he would be widely hailed. Steve Forbes is also in the mix, respected by Trump’s team for his Jack Kemp-style tax policies.
  • Secretary of Defense: Retired Lt. Gen. Michael Flynn, former head of the Defense Intelligence Agency (DIA), has the job if he wants it. Others say he may take National Security adviser or CIA chief, which could be elevated to Cabinet rank, as Reagan did with Bill Casey.
  • Attorney General: Rudy Giuliani, the former New York mayor, considered the politician closest to Trump, has the job if he wants it. Some Trump insiders say Giuliani would rather play Trump’s eminence grise. (TG: had to look this up: definition: a person who exercises power or influence in a certain sphere without holding an official position.)
  • Secretary of Homeland Security: Alabama Sen. Jeff Sessions, the first senator to back Trump and his point man on immigration and border security in the Senate.
  • Secretary of Education: Ben Carson is one of the people in Trump’s closest circles. While having a medical background, there has been talk that Carson would serve better at Education. Like Trump, Carson is a strong advocate of charter schools and vouchers. the Trump team believes it made significant inroads with African-American voters on this issue, and it wants to continue that effort.
  • Secretary of Health and Human Resources: Betsey McCaughey, former lieutenant governor of New York, and healthcare expert, has been one of Trump’s fiercest and earliest supporters.
  • Chairman of Council of Economic Advisers: Larry Kudlow, longtime supply sider and Reagan budget deputy director, was Trump’s lead adviser on tax policy and his strongest financial media defender. Already talk of making the job Cabinet rank if Larry wants it. Kudlow is also talked about as Janet Yellen’s replacement at the Fed if her position opens.
  • Secretary of Agriculture: Rick Perry, former Texas governor and commissioner of agriculture; a one-time Trump critic, he loyally stumped for Trump after his own presidential bid ended.
  • Secretary of Commerce: One named being mentioned is the embattled New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie. An early Trump endorser, he could be Trump’s point man on jobs, trade, and the economy.
  • White House Chief of Staff: Trump’s son-in-law and confidante Jared Kushner is at the very top of the list. The job does not require Senate confirmation, and the position puts one of Trump’s most trusted advisers next to the president. Kushner served as de facto campaign manager and, as a Democrat, will have good ties with Senate and House Democrats in helping to push legislation through Congress.
  • White House Counsel: Joseph Schmitz is the former inspector general of the Defense Department and former Ed Meese aide at Justice. Highly respected, he was an early Trump foreign policy adviser.
  • RNC Chair: Not a government appointee but the president’s top political appointee as head of the party could be Roger Stone. A wildcard choice, the former Nixon and Reagan strategist is considered the architect of Trump’s political rise
  • Fire 1

Newt would be good as Cheif of Staff or senior policy advisor or as Whitehouse liason to Congress. He will be supremely skilled in shepherding any legislation through the Congress and bringing together the various competing interests to forge strong conservative led agendas through the DC swamp until Trump gets it fully drained. Secretary of State would not likely be Newt's interest.

Ben Carson more likely to be a leader on the repeal of Obamacare and then to spearhead the new drive to improve healthcare access to all. This will be a big job as Obamacare has created a terrible mess with households being stuck with premiums exceeding mortgage payments and deductibles so high the insurance pays for no care making the premiums nothing but massive income tax hikes for many families. Half the 'insureds' (one is not really insured by the current Obamacare insurance as the plans won't pay for any claims with deducts and premiums so outrageous) will be filing bankruptcy because of Obamacare not inspite of it.

Don't see Rudy getting personally involved in the administration. He is aging and certainly not likely to want to be Atty Gen unless Trump wants to let him lead the way on the Clinton prosecutions. Rudy would like that job anyway. Maybe special counsel role would be a good one for him, being a NY federal prosecutor previously.

I can see a couple other members of the Presidential candidates getting some roles in the admin (Huckabee ?) perhaps but I am sure he will be pick top notch pros who can get running as Trump is a demanding boss who expects performance.

Newt would be good as Cheif of Staff or senior policy advisor or as Whitehouse liason to Congress. He will be supremely skilled in shepherding any legislation through the Congress and bringing together the various competing interests to forge strong conservative led agendas through the DC swamp until Trump gets it fully drained. Secretary of State would not likely be Newt's interest.

Ben Carson more likely to be a leader on the repeal of Obamacare and then to spearhead the new drive to improve healthcare access to all. This will be a big job as Obamacare has created a terrible mess with households being stuck with premiums exceeding mortgage payments and deductibles so high the insurance pays for no care making the premiums nothing but massive income tax hikes for many families. Half the 'insureds' (one is not really insured by the current Obamacare insurance as the plans won't pay for any claims with deducts and premiums so outrageous) will be filing bankruptcy because of Obamacare not inspite of it.

Don't see Rudy getting personally involved in the administration. He is aging and certainly not likely to want to be Atty Gen unless Trump wants to let him lead the way on the Clinton prosecutions. Rudy would like that job anyway. Maybe special counsel role would be a good one for him, being a NY federal prosecutor previously.

I can see a couple other members of the Presidential candidates getting some roles in the admin (Huckabee ?) perhaps but I am sure he will be pick top notch pros who can get running as Trump is a demanding boss who expects performance.

I agree wt the bold. Newt is better as a visionary and too often runs wt his mouth which would be a problem as Sec of State.

Trey Goudy as AG?? If Trump and Cruz didn't have a falling out, some thought Cruz would be a good AG. He'd probably be pretty polarizing but is a man of his convictions.

Rumbles of Palin having a spot. That would be awesome.

What? Where? Why? How? Please no

It showed up in an article my friend posted to FB. Honestly didnt read it because I just can't right now. I'm shelled.

The scotch-irish dark humor part of me hopes its as ambassador to Russia since that would be an easy commute for her.

• Fire 3

http://www.newsmax.com/JohnGizzi/trump-carson-giuliani-cabinet/2016/11/09/id/758021/

Article is quoted below. Let the speculation begin, but I think Newt, Carson, Ruddy, CC, are no surprise as they have been mouth pieces for Trump for some time.

One surprise for me was Rick Perry as Sec of Ag. I figured if anything, he'd be sec of energy if he was in the cabinet.

I do like Larry Kudlow as Chairman of Council of Economic Advisers

This is a bit of a head scratcher but understandable from Trump's perspective: White House Chief of Staff: Trump’s son-in-law and confidante Jared Kushner

I found this one interesting, I was thinking surgeon general. Secretary of Education: Ben Carson

I'm sure this will bet some criticism and probably rightly so as a 'white man's club'. Not very diverse.

Quote:

No sooner had networks projected Donald Trump would be the 45th president of the United States than speculation began about who would be in his Cabinet.

But already informed sources in Trump’s circle say they have been talking about potential Cabinet and other senior administration officials for months.

Typically, Republican presidents draw heavily from the ranks of former Republican presidential administrations. Insiders tell me this won’t be the case for President Trump.

“Unless you strongly backed Donald, he will be looking for fresh, outside-the-box thinkers,” the source said. “He picked his campaign staff that way. He thinks that’s the best way to go”

Trump also loves to be around people “he’s comfortable with.”

Trump made that clear when he made his VP pick. Ohio Gov. John Kasich was the establishment favorite.

“But Donald thought he was a little weird, so that ended,” a close Trump friend tells me.

Trump does not want “yes” men either. Donald likes people who disagree with him. For example, Rudy Giuliani is no one’s yes man, but Trump listens to him and respects him.

In official Washington, speculation on Wednesday morning was focused on top level positions at the Cabinet and beyond.

Here’s some of the people being discussed:

• Secretary of State: Newt Gingrich tops the list. The former House speaker was one of Trump's earliest supporters and staunchest defenders in the media. He’s a GOP heavyweight and can articulate Trump’s global vision to allies. Second choice: former U.N. Ambassador John Bolton. A staunch conservative, he was a critic of Iraq war strategy, something Trump likes.
  • Secretary of Treasury: Steve Mnuchin has already been promised the job. A former Goldman Sachs executive and head of Trump campaign fundraising, Mnuchin will offer Wall Street credibility to Trump’s team. Backup choices: Billionaire investor Wilber Ross, Trump’s most notable Wall Street backer. Doubtful Ross will give up his global business empire, but he would be widely hailed. Steve Forbes is also in the mix, respected by Trump’s team for his Jack Kemp-style tax policies.
  • Secretary of Defense: Retired Lt. Gen. Michael Flynn, former head of the Defense Intelligence Agency (DIA), has the job if he wants it. Others say he may take National Security adviser or CIA chief, which could be elevated to Cabinet rank, as Reagan did with Bill Casey.
  • Attorney General: Rudy Giuliani, the former New York mayor, considered the politician closest to Trump, has the job if he wants it. Some Trump insiders say Giuliani would rather play Trump’s eminence grise. (TG: had to look this up: definition: a person who exercises power or influence in a certain sphere without holding an official position.)
  • Secretary of Homeland Security: Alabama Sen. Jeff Sessions, the first senator to back Trump and his point man on immigration and border security in the Senate.
  • Secretary of Education: Ben Carson is one of the people in Trump’s closest circles. While having a medical background, there has been talk that Carson would serve better at Education. Like Trump, Carson is a strong advocate of charter schools and vouchers. the Trump team believes it made significant inroads with African-American voters on this issue, and it wants to continue that effort.
  • Secretary of Health and Human Resources: Betsey McCaughey, former lieutenant governor of New York, and healthcare expert, has been one of Trump’s fiercest and earliest supporters.
  • Chairman of Council of Economic Advisers: Larry Kudlow, longtime supply sider and Reagan budget deputy director, was Trump’s lead adviser on tax policy and his strongest financial media defender. Already talk of making the job Cabinet rank if Larry wants it. Kudlow is also talked about as Janet Yellen’s replacement at the Fed if her position opens.
  • Secretary of Agriculture: Rick Perry, former Texas governor and commissioner of agriculture; a one-time Trump critic, he loyally stumped for Trump after his own presidential bid ended.
  • Secretary of Commerce: One named being mentioned is the embattled New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie. An early Trump endorser, he could be Trump’s point man on jobs, trade, and the economy.
  • White House Chief of Staff: Trump’s son-in-law and confidante Jared Kushner is at the very top of the list. The job does not require Senate confirmation, and the position puts one of Trump’s most trusted advisers next to the president. Kushner served as de facto campaign manager and, as a Democrat, will have good ties with Senate and House Democrats in helping to push legislation through Congress.
  • White House Counsel: Joseph Schmitz is the former inspector general of the Defense Department and former Ed Meese aide at Justice. Highly respected, he was an early Trump foreign policy adviser.
  • RNC Chair: Not a government appointee but the president’s top political appointee as head of the party could be Roger Stone. A wildcard choice, the former Nixon and Reagan strategist is considered the architect of Trump’s political rise

That's one very impressive list. I am hearing Priebus or Conway could be chief of staff. They both worked their butts off to help him win last night.

• Plus1 1

So, really this is just about loyalty, and not trying to find "the best people". He is simply rewarding anyone who stood by him in the campaign. Yes-men and opportunists. Many of which he has not known for very long. I'm trying really hard to look for positives here, but this is disappointing.

cronyism at its finest

• Fire 1