Trump's America

zoogs

Here is one big part of why I can't stand this idiot.

If he would have simply tweeted:

We are making tremendous progress with the VA and we are just getting started. We love our vets!!

but....no.....he has to put in...."there has never been so much done so quickly".

He's a clueless idiot. He has no clue if that is correct or not and I would venture to say there has been times in the past that a lot has been done. He refuses to acknowledge anyone before him could have possibly done anything. Afterall...he's awesome....he's incredible....he's amazing.

• Fire 1

Is the fact that this is happening under the Trump administration causing us to all united in favor of the surveillance state?

What bothers me a lot more is the fact Republicans are so upset that Americans were surveilled due to their contacts with certain foreigners, but if it was done to protect us from ISIS they would be totally fine with it.

As for the issue itself I don't have a strong opinion.

Yeah, I think a real danger with this stuff generally is that once you build this apparatus there's a lot of room for abusing it. People are going to be fine when it's their political opponents being targeted.

Are you opposed to all surveillance? Are you opposed to using it against Russian spies?

No, and I'm not too sure what to make of the current story -- just stating that my default position towards this topic is skepticism.

Also, by 'surveillance state' I'm referring to a state that monitors its own citizens. I think it's a little bit of a different area from say, espionage.

No, and I'm not too sure what to make of the current story -- just stating that my default position towards this topic is skepticism.

Also, by 'surveillance state' I'm referring to a state that monitors its own citizens. I think it's a little bit of a different area from say, espionage.

Your surveillance state comment came directly after:

"JUST IN: NSA says will stop collecting communications sent, received internationally by Americans that mention foreign intelligence targets"

That *is* espionage.

Oh. I don't know. It kind of sounded like a program that captured emails/etc of Americans.

Some further reading seems to cement that initial impression: http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/national-security-agency-ends-controversial-email-collection-program/story?id=47094647

Ah. Ya that was a bit much. The whole thing reminded me of Trump's people in contact with the Russians but that part (the part that led to them being targets) seems unaffected.