Trump's America

zoogs

http://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/politics-government/article147454324.html

It will be interesting to see how Trump handles this. One of his big money supporters, Robert Mercer is in trouble with the IRS. Per the article, he was a big supporter of Trump and has called for the abolishment of the IRS (conveniently since the IRS started investigating his taxes). I wonder if the reason Trump doesn't release his tax info is due to ties to this guy in some way. Mercer is a big hedge fund CEO who played a shell game of moving short term capital gains into long term cg and saving $7-8 billion (wt a b) on taxes.

So will Trump help his friend out and remove the existing FBI director and replace him wt a puppet?

This week in 'Oh God, what have we done?'...

WaPo: EPA website removes climate science site from public view after two decades

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/energy-environment/wp/2017/04/28/epa-website-removes-climate-science-site-from-public-view-after-two-decades/?utm_term=.2c7dad934984

Fox: Preibus says Trump administration considering changes to libel policy

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/05/01/priebus-says-trump-administration-considered-changes-to-libel-laws.html

HAPPY LOYALTY DAY, EVERYBODY!

Priebus: Trump considering amending or abolishing the 1st Amendment

I'd be more concerned, but the Trump Team is way too incompetent to get this done.

OK....Game on then.....

I have said repeatedly, that the media in this country is more dangerous than anyone in Washington. That's mainly because of the crap they spew about whatever politician they don't like.

BUT......here's the deal Republicans.....better be careful what you wish for then. Those 1st amendment rights the Trump administration so despises are the exact same 1st amendment rights that Fox News, Rush, Infowars...etc. feed off of to spew their crap.

What's good for the goose is good for the gander.

I am all for some way to keep these outlets accountable for spewing made up crap. But, it's going to go both ways.

This all from a guy who believes all this crap.

I'll say this. If he accomplishes this without abolishing the 1st amendment or taking away actual constitutional rights. I will give him a lot of praise.

LEESBURG, Va. (AP) — Schools won't have to cut more salt from meals just yet and some will be able to serve kids fewer whole grains, under changes to federal nutrition standards announced Monday.

Schools could also serve 1 percent flavored milk instead of the nonfat now required.

You're going to have to explain that to me.

LEESBURG, Va. (AP) — Schools won't have to cut more salt from meals just yet and some will be able to serve kids fewer whole grains, under changes to federal nutrition standards announced Monday.

Schools could also serve 1 percent flavored milk instead of the nonfat now required.

You're going to have to explain that to me.

What Michelle Obama had put in place was done with all good intentions. Problem was, it left schools feeding kids tasteless crap and not enough to satisfy them.

Somewhere on here I started a thread a long time ago about this and everyone else thought my issues with it weren't worth getting worked up about. But, I know this will make my son very happy. He's 6'7" and 190 lb athlete. We have to send food to school with him to keep in his truck or in his locker because the school lunches are so pathetic. And....they used to not be this bad before Michelle put in her regulations.

My son is fine and we supplement the school food. BUT, there are kids in our community where this is sometimes the only meal they get. And...Michelle was concerned that they are getting too many calories.