Trump's America

zoogs

his supporters think he is draining the swamp. little do they know that what trump calls the swamp is really the checks and balances system set up by our forefathers to prevent tyrants from taking over.

Yeah, since when is the Head of the FBI part of his stupid swamp?

I'm guessing that sells just fine to his base since he can point at how he "let Clinton off because she's an elite." Meanwhile, he's also used the swamp to describe our broader judicial branch, as well as the initially implied legislative branch.

It's becoming apparent that he consider the swamp anything that tries to check his power or hold him accountable.

I mean there is something to be said for white washing history (no pun or racism intended there). We should live with all our scars and faults as a reminder not to repeat the past.

But torches at night... gtfo!

• Fire 1

Trump's big talk during the primaries of China being a currency manipulator was just cover for what he would do once he got into office. Point the finger over there to distract the voter, once in office he changes his tune, says China is great will help us wt N,Korea and by the way may family can also profit from the relationship. What a con man.

• Fire 1

Totally agree with you, Z-Rod. History, whether it's great or atrocious, must be preserved and preserved accurately and unbiasedly. It is information we can use to create a better future.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think they are melting these statues down and destroying them forever. I thought they were being moved to museums or other areas where they could, in fact, be remembered but not "celebrated".

Edit: the statue in question was going to be sold. So I guess someone could spend a lot of cash just to destroy it....

No normal person would ever want to forget the Holocaust, but it would be pretty disturbing to see a proud statue of Hitler outside a German state building. (hell, for all I know there is one though)