Trump's America

zoogs

In non-impeachment-worthy news...

Only problem with targeting NAFTA - automation has taken more American manufacturing jobs than Mexico. You block all the Mexican imports from manufacturing companies and they're just going to build robot factories in America.

Those jobs are not coming back. Trump is lying to his constituents (again).

Manufacturing Jobs Aren’t Coming Back
Most US manufacturing jobs lost to technology, not trade
Don’t Blame China For Taking U.S. Jobs
Manufacturing Jobs Are Never Coming Back
  • Fire 3

Only problem with targeting NAFTA - automation has taken more American manufacturing jobs than Mexico. You block all the Mexican imports from manufacturing companies and they're just going to build robot factories in America.

I'm wondering what all my Nebraska farmer friends who are gung ho about Trump are going to think when this greatly drives down the price of commodities even farther.

Exactly right. It's one my main problems with Bernie Sanders rhetoric as well. Free trade lost jobs for America, but they aren't coming back even if we ended free trade.

We need to deal with the repercussions of automation now because more and more employees are going to be replaced in the coming years. And that's going to include white collar jobs as well.

• Fire 2

Exactly right. It's one my main problems with Bernie Sanders rhetoric as well. Free trade lost jobs for America, but they aren't coming back even if we ended free trade.

We need to deal with the repercussions of automation now because more and more employees are going to be replaced in the coming years. And that's going to include white collar jobs as well.

A huge number of white collar jobs have been eliminated already.

Companies used to have huge rooms of people sitting at desks doing things that computers do now. I don't know of anyone who has a personal secretary anymore.

Think of the Wallstreet stock analysis that used to be done by armies of people and now is done in a split second on websites.

• Fire 2