Trump's America

zoogs

I'm no Trump supporter, but the top is full of players and personnel. The bottom is just the players with personnel seated in the front few rows. I believe the Patriots even addressed this. I feel like this type of reporting is what adds fuel to the fire that the FAKE MSM is out to get Donny and his buddies. I want to tell those in the media, you have plenty to go on, there is no reason to embellish or make things up.
Maybe you should tell Donny to stop lying about size and we can put it to rest.

Still there - gathering dust. I read an article not too long ago that said the cost to maintain it without use may actually make it obsolete. That it started with W would go to TX for breaks and meetings and continued through Obama not using it a ton, and of course, Donny not finding it guilded enough for his taste. Very sad.

Remember when Hillary Clinton absolutely couldn't be elected because the presidency was just one big personal enrichment scheme for her and her cronies?

I'd sure love to know where *those* folks are now, and why they're not voicing their concerns. Because all I hear are crickets.

In case you're not in the know, official US agencies are being used to promote the Trump brand.

• Fire 3

Remember when Hillary Clinton absolutely couldn't be elected because the presidency was just one big personal enrichment scheme for her and her cronies?

I'd sure love to know where *those* folks are now, and why they're not voicing their concerns. Because all I hear are crickets.

In case you're not in the know, official US agencies are being used to promote the Trump brand.

Trumps kleptocracy = Trumps America.

Those people are still here. They're currently focused on Trump's distractions of North Korea and, lately, whether the Iran deal was as good as Obama let on.

You know, important things. The kinds of things that will be relegated to the trash bin once this bad news cycle changes.

Sources tell CNN he may propose slashing the top corporate rate from 35% to 15% -- as he proposed during the campaign.

I wish it was possible to branch off into 2 different futures. One where we do absolutely insane sh#t like the above so we can once and for all realize how stupid it is. And the other where we don't do the insane sh#t so we are better off but the idiots keep fighting to do the insane sh#t.

Want to reduce the corporate tax rate? Fine, but MAKE UP FOR IT SOMEWHERE ELSE - and NOT by cutting things like environmental and worker protections.

Sources tell CNN he may propose slashing the top corporate rate from 35% to 15% -- as he proposed during the campaign.

I wish it was possible to branch off into 2 different futures. One where we do absolutely insane sh#t like the above so we can once and for all realize how stupid it is. And the other where we don't do the insane sh#t so we are better off but the idiots keep fighting to do the insane sh#t.

Want to reduce the corporate tax rate? Fine, but MAKE UP FOR IT SOMEWHERE ELSE - and NOT by cutting things like environmental and worker protections.

I actually support this cut....ONLY...(and I use the word "ONLY" in a very important way) if major tax reform is done throughout the entire system.

My view is to cut the corporate tax down to 15% (if that's what he wants to do) BUT....you can only do that if and when you completely change how we tax the people who benefit from those corporations. We would need to raise the tax on the people who benefit from those corporations. That would be employees AND owners. We would need to significantly change loop holes and tax rates of investors and top level employees/managers of these corporations.

AND...that tax cut is only for companies that produce their products in the US.

I would be absolutely shocked if that ever happens.

Those people are still here. They're currently focused on Trump's distractions of North Korea and, lately, whether the Iran deal was as good as Obama let on.

You know, important things. The kinds of things that will be relegated to the trash bin once this bad news cycle changes.

We should be able to have all these discussions at once, since they're all mostly important ones.

I'm convinced North Korea is a stupid boondoggle to get into. But as you've said, that's mostly diversionary.

We should be able to critique the Iran deal, including whether it was a net positive and whether there was deception from the Obama administration to get it done or help sell it afterwards.

But unfortunately too many people get caught up in the latest shiny object POTUS holds up and forget that stuff like the above still matters. He's absolutely using his power to hock his stuff. If he wasn't, the cost of a membership at Mar a Lago wouldn't have doubled after his win.

• Fire 1

I actually support this cut....ONLY...(and I use the word "ONLY" in a very important way) if major tax reform is done throughout the entire system.

My view is to cut the corporate tax down to 15% (if that's what he wants to do) BUT....you can only do that if and when you completely change how we tax the people who benefit from those corporations. We would need to raise the tax on the people who benefit from those corporations. That would be employees AND owners. We would need to significantly change loop holes and tax rates of investors and top level employees/managers of these corporations.

Do you think they've got the bona fides to get a tax reform like that done, though?

I've officially lost faith in the GOP caucus in Congress at this point to do things that help us. I don't think they could possibly screw up tax cuts. But recent developments suggest Mnuchin thinks all of this will pay for itself with growth and Trump is more concerned with huge cuts than the effects on the deficit.

Do you think they've got the bona fides to get a tax reform like that done, though?

I've officially lost faith in the GOP caucus in Congress at this point to do things that help us. I don't think they could possibly screw up tax cuts. But recent developments suggest Mnuchin thinks all of this will pay for itself with growth and Trump is more concerned with huge cuts than the effects on the deficit.

I answered that with my last sentence.

But...I think both parties would be against what would need to happen because the tax increase on individuals would need to go farther than that evil top 1%.

I answered that with my last sentence.

But...I think both parties would be against what would need to happen because the tax increase on individuals would need to go farther than that evil top 1%.

Well, I can't imagine they're going to get much Democratic support with whatever their current tax plans on. Neither of us expects them to just go along with huge tax cuts.

I could see a decrease in the corporate tax rate stimulating the economy. I'd hope they at least try to offset it.

What I would hope most politicians standard for voting on tax reform would be is this: Does it actually help people? Is it a net positive for us? For the long-term health of the country? If the answer is yes, they should vote for it.

But it has to be a serious proposal. If it's anything like their attempts to "reform" the EPA... slashing budgets everywhere and appointing a climate denier to lead... they deserve to have people laugh in their faces and say no.

What a sick group of people.

Indiana: The Alt-Right Energized

Matthew Heimbach, 26, is among the young men who identify with the alt-right, the amalgam of white supremacist and misogynist internet trolls and citizens who were energized by Mr. Trump’s campaign.

This month, Mr. Heimbach said he felt more invigorated than ever. “He did what we in the alt-right wanted him to do,” he said. Mr. Trump had brought anti-immigrant sentiment into the mainstream, destabilized politics and polarized the electorate, Mr. Heimbach said. “Our movement, it’s gotten more unified,” he added. “It’s gotten more clear on direction as to what we’re working toward, which is an independent homeland.”

During the campaign, Mr. Heimbach was captured on video shoving a black woman at a Trump rally. The woman sued, and Mr. Heimbach responded with his own claim, saying that he “acted pursuant to the directives” of the candidate.

At white nationalist events these days, he said, he is often among the oldest in the room, a stark difference from pre-Trump years, in which the people who shared his views were often twice his age. Mr. Heimbach runs a group called the Traditionalist Worker Party, which advocates replacing the United States with nation-states based on races, ethnicities and religions. He said that vision seems closer than ever.

“Getting Trump elected was a great first step,” he said. “Now it’s time to deploy to Stage 2.” — Julie Turkewitz

• Fire 1