Trump's America

zoogs

Trump's failure to condemn Nazis/KKK/White Supremacists is tacit approval of their existence.

He's going to need to get out in front of this or he's not going to have a prayer of a chance in 2020 2016. Swing voters will not vote for a Nazi sympathizer.

Alas, conservatives and Republicans will still come home.

Are you saying all conservatives and/or Republicans are Trump supporters and Nazi sympathizers?

I'm saying that these features of Trump were all true in the 2016 election -- and they came home.

Not all of them. But scoreboard.

I hope they'll do better than this at the next opportunity. I hope we'll all do better. Let's prove it first. It's become impossible to assume otherwise; benefit of the doubt has been shattered.

Ok. I now take this to mean the politicians (not average Joe conservative) that were so outspoken against him that quickly fell in line when it was apparent he might win. I can see that point of view. :thumbs

It's really important for "party-of-Reagan" Republicans to separate themselves from this iteration of the Republican party, who mouths conservative-sounding platitudes but who are NOT Reagan Republicans.

The Republicans I know are not Trump Republicans. They are conservative people who value family, reasonable government and personal freedoms. Too many of them are being perverted in their thinking to believe that what the Republican Party is today is who/what they are. It's been difficult to reason with those people, but it's vital to the future of this country that we keep trying.

• Fire 2

Trump's failure to condemn Nazis/KKK/White Supremacists is tacit approval of their existence.

He's going to need to get out in front of this or he's not going to have a prayer of a chance in 2020 2016. Swing voters will not vote for a Nazi sympathizer.

Alas, conservatives and Republicans will still come home.

Are you saying all conservatives and/or Republicans are Trump supporters and Nazi sympathizers?

I'm saying that these features of Trump were all true in the 2016 election -- and they came home.

Not all of them. But scoreboard.

I hope they'll do better than this at the next opportunity. I hope we'll all do better. Let's prove it first. It's become impossible to assume otherwise; benefit of the doubt has been shattered.

Ok. I now take this to mean the politicians (not average Joe conservative) that were so outspoken against him that quickly fell in line when it was apparent he might win. I can see that point of view. :thumbs

It's really important for "party-of-Reagan" Republicans to separate themselves from this iteration of the Republican party, who mouths conservative-sounding platitudes but who are NOT Reagan Republicans.

The Republicans I know are not Trump Republicans. They are conservative people who value family, reasonable government and personal freedoms. Too many of them are being perverted in their thinking to believe that what the Republican Party is today is who/what they are. It's been difficult to reason with those people, but it's vital to the future of this country that we keep trying.

AMEN BROTHER. PREACH IT! As we know Reagan said he left the Dem party because it left him when it went to far left. Well, the Repub party has left him also but keeps trying to claim him as their own. I would say Reagan is probably closer to the old (not current) Dem party that he left than he is to this group of Republicans. What a said turn of events.

Related: Here another alt-right nut job was trying to blow up a bank in OKC.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/oklahoma-man-charged-in-anti-government-bomb-plot/2017/08/14/97816686-80f9-11e7-ab27-1a21a8e006ab_story.html?utm_term=.cbabb85537cd

:thumbs Certainly, my ire is more at the politicians. But I think it's the people, too. It's not meant to attack or to offend those who count themselves as conservatives. It's a challenge for all those who do to reject what I said and say, "Hey, that is NOT who I am or who we are" -- and then to follow through on it. Knapp nailed it: it's not about condemning the very idea of conservatism. It's about trying to get us all to sever the ties with whatever twisted iteration it has become today. We should reclaim the mantle, or find newer ones.

This (at least for me) has been lost in all of this. I didn't realize this had happened till this afternoon. These people have concerned me for a long time.

LINK

That is a frightful thought. It appears they (the white racist group) came ready to ambush anyone. I would not be surprised if they had hoped that a real battle broke out. In Trump's words they were "Locked and Ready". With that knowledge we are very fortunate there wasn't a lot of bloodshed in Va. One can only hope it won't occur down the road. But some place this will explode in real bloodshed. Unfortunately, Trump isn't the kind of guy to lead us through this peacefully and bring civility back into the conversation - just the opposite. His 3 day delay in condemnation is a 3 day under the table salute to the group.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/alex-jones-calls-charlottesville-violence-113117284.html

We are living in 2 worlds. This yahoo/newsweek article quotes many of these alt-right guys and their perspective that the whole incident (guy driving car into crowd and helicopter crash) were a set up by 1. George Sorus and/or 2. the CIA wt the purpose of 'discrediting' the alt-right (as though they needed any help).

To show you how crazy the thinking is out there:

Here are what some far right guys are saying. This guy was on the radio this morning.

The Ukraine nationalist party Svoboda had their own torch march back in 2014

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-25571805

This guy links Svoboda to Clinton, Obama and McCain - He says they were supporting neo- Nazis in Ukraine during the Ukraine political unrest in 2012-14.

With the help of the CIA got neo-nazis set up in Ukraine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jB8fNPC09EM

Svoboda is anti Russia like Clinton, Obama and McCain - he says they are behind the anti Trump and Anti Russian investigation of Trump.

He links McCain directly to Svoboda's leader by directing people to this:

http://www.businessinsider.com/john-mccain-meets-oleh-tyahnybok-in-ukraine-2013-12

http://www.salon.com/2014/02/25/is_the_us_backing_neo_nazis_in_ukraine_partner/

He then takes the leap and says that Sorus is behind it all - including what happened in Va.

He ends up blaming the "Deep State". Hillary had her 'right wing conspiracy back in the day, now the "Deep State" is the secret force behind everything bad happening to Trump and America.