Trump's America

zoogs

Pentagon says they didn't leave anyone behind:

https://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/susan-jones/pentagon-spokesman-sgt-johnson-we-dont-leave-anyone-behind

Sgt. La David Johnson, killed in the recent ambush in Niger, was not left behind. "He was separated" from his fellow soldiers, Pentagon spokeswoman Dana White told reporters on Thursday.

"Well, first I would say that we don't leave anyone behind. As the secretary (Defense Secretary James Mattis) said earlier, he was separated," White told a news conference.

Joint Staff Director Lt. Gen. Kenneth McKenzie said he would "amplify" on not leaving someone behind:

"And this is about as much detail as I'm going to be able to give you, given the fact that there's an investigation ongoing, first; and second, we never want to share our tactics, techniques and procedures where the enemy can learn about the way we approach these problems.

"But I'll tell you categorically, that from the moment of contact, no one was left behind. Either U.S., our partner and Nigerien forces, our French forces were on the ground, actively searching for this soldier."

McKenzie said he wants to correct the "myth" that troops went back to the site but did not search. "Nothing could be further from the truth," he said.

"Now the fact of the matter is, it's a battlefield, we just had a significant engagement, its tough country, and it's out in the middle of nowhere. So, it's not perhaps as clear as it might appear in the bright lights of this briefing room, but we spent a lot of the -- a lot of men and a lot of women searched very hard to find him.

"It took us a little while to do that, we didn't leave him behind and we searched until we found him, and we brought him home."

The Pentagon said the four Americans killed and the two who were injured in the ambush were providing advice and assistance in counterterrorism training to Nigerien security forces.

"Over the last six months we...had conducted 29 partnered patrols in this general area without (enemy) contact of any kind," McKenzie said.

French helicopters and fixed-wing aircraft arrived to assist those involved in the firefight. "The wounded were airlifted out by the French and the service members killed in action were evacuated by contract air," White said.

2 hours ago, dudeguyy said:

The NRA weighs in.

Remind, what is their function, again?

Oh yeah, making people feel like victims and getting them foaming at the mouth.

This is from the DPRK right?

The sad thing is there are people who get off on this kind of propaganda. 

• Plus1 1

7 hours ago, Fru said:

I'll wager that it was loosely planned or coordinated. I don't think they all sat down in a room together and said "Okay you do this, I'll do this" but I think they're all on the same page that this is some next level f*ckery and something needs to be done. Like you said, this may be just to get things rolling. 

Moreover... 

I don't think any of these guys ever wants to have to attend presidential functions with Trump in the future. Surviving ex-president as a group this is just a handful of members deep. If Trump actually gets thrown out of office I think it effectively nullifies the chances they'd have to attend events or do joint functions with him. Which is a huge win for them.

I mean, think about it. Three of the five surviving ex-Presidents have been personally attacked by Trump quite explicitly. 4 if you count HW by extension of Trump's slams on the Bushes. Why would any of them want to have to hang out with that jack@ss?

On 10/20/2017 at 9:39 AM, BigRedBuster said:

I still honestly can not believe we have Nazi's marching on US soil.....and the President says nothing and concentrates on some people kneeling for the anthem due to trying to raise awareness on a problem.  

I am totally amazed at where we are at in this country.

Oh look, Nazis shot at protestors. After they did the same thing in Charlottesville.  And ran a car into the crowd, killing a peaceful, innocent young woman. And beat down various protestors as well. And then had one of the men they beat down arrested.

This is getting disturbingly little publicity nationally. Trump sucks all the oxygen out of everything. He's surely not going to tell you about it. He cut funding for groups that were trying to counter Neo-nazi & far-right white supremacist terror groups.

That psycho nazi Gorka's wife (a Trump DHS aide) personally worked to defunding a prominent anti--white supremacy group that worked to reform white supremacists & neo-Nazis.

They're going to focus on making sure you're scared of the other. The scary brown people who want to harm you. And they're going to look the other way on this stuff. Sweep it under the rug. Tolerate it. Hope you don't notice. Because it runs counter to their narrative.

It's completely gross.

Edited by dudeguyy
  • Plus1 1